Help me design my new theater
My wife and I are getting ready to build our new house, which will have a large area above the garage where I can put my new home theater. I currently have a theater set up in the bonus room of our current house, so I'll be re-using a lot of my A/V equipment. But this will be the first time I design a theater room from the ground up, so I could really use some of your expert advice in coming up with an optimal layout for my new theater. Current blueprints have an 8 foot ceiling height in the space (though I may be able to change it to 9 feet if needed).
I'm hoping some of you can give me your recommendations on an optimal way to configure the space I have available. I've attached a diagram with the dimensions of the space I have to work with. Here's what I'm looking to accomplish:
1) Dedicated home theater room (used 90% for movies; 10% for sports, etc)
- No windows and completely light controlled
- Ceiling mounted JVC NX7 Projector and a 135" 6x9 fixed screen
- 7.1.4 speaker configuration, with 4 in-ceiling overhead speakers (I may increase this to 7.1.6 with 6 in-ceiling overhead speakers)
- 2 rows of 4 reclining theater seats; back row on a riser
2) Equipment room adjacent to the home theater with rack mounted components
- OPTIONAL: Mounting the Projector in an adjacent room as well to reduce projector noise
3) Wet bar outside the home theater room
4) Full bathroom
Thanks in advance for your help!