Klipsch vs Golden Ear Media Room Package - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-20-2020, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Klipsch vs Golden Ear Media Room Package

I am building media room 15’ 8” wide x 19’ deep and 10’ ceiling.I have following 3 quotes and wondering which one to choose. My budget is ~11-2 K with installation and labor for equipment.

I know Klipsch mediapackage does not have true 4K projector.
Klipsch mediapackage is 7.2.4 and GoldenEar media package is 7.2.2 but which system hasbetter audio if I make them comparable at 7.2.4.?
Some one recommended to havehigher end speakers in lesser brand then lower end speakers in better brand. Idon’t know how true or helpful this advice is.
(1) Klipsch
Epson Pro Cinema 4050 4K Pro-UHD projector and HDR Qty 1
Screen innovations120" Gray .85 16/9 Zero Edge Unassmebled no backlitLED Qty 1
Denon AVR-X6500H receiver - 8 HDMI in/3 our high power 11.2 channel Qty 1
Klipsch PRO-250RPW in wall LCR speaker Qty 3
Klipsch PRO- 16RW in wall speaker Qty 4 )
Klipsch PRO-16RC In ceiling Speaker Qty 4
Klipsch SPL-120 subwoofer Qty 2
WattBox Surge ProtectorWall tap Qty 1
Fiber HDMI MET IB-HDAOC-050 Qty1
WattBox Rack MountLighted Power Surge Protector - 11 outlets Qty1
Harmony Pro UniversalRemote Qty 1
Hourly labor $149.99 x 8hours
Total with tax

(2) klipsch
Epson Pro Cinema 4050 4K Pro-UHD projector and HDR Qty 1
Dragonfly 120 inch high contrast projection screen with black velvet frame Qty 1
Denon AVR-X6500H receiver - 8 HDMI in/3 our high power 11.2 channel Qty 1
Klipsch Rp-504C center channel speaker Qty 1
Klipsch RP-8000F floorstanding speaker Qty 2 )
Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-502S surround speakers Qty 2
Klipsch PRO-16RC In ceiling Speaker Qty 4
Klipsch SPL-120 subwoofer Qty 2
WattBox Surge ProtectorWall tap Qty 1
Fiber HDMI MET IB-HDAOC-050 Qty1
WattBox Rack MountLighted Power Surge Protector - 11 outlets Qty1
Harmony Pro UniversalRemote Qty 1
Hourly labor $149.99 x 8hours $ 1,199
Total with tax

(3) GoldenEar
Sony 4K projector VPL-VW295ES Qty 1
WattBox Power Surge WallTap with rotating outlet and DSS Coaxial - 3 outlets WB-200-3RWT Qty 1
4K 60 4:4:4 HDR Fiberoptic HDMI cable Qty 1
Screen innovations ZeroEdge Screen with LED light backlighting Qty 1
Denon 9 channel DolbyAtmos Receiver AVR- X3600H Qty 1
Installations cablepackage Qty 1
Sony 4K blu ray playerUBPX700 Qty 1
WattBaox PowerConditioner with Coax and Ethernet Protection 10 outlets WB-400-CE-10 Qty 1
110-Series 8-portunmanaged+ gigabit switch with rear ports AN-110-SW-R-8 Qty 1
Control 4 Single RoomProcessor and Remote C4-EA1-SR Qty 1
Supersat 50CCenter speaker Qty 1
Invisa 600 In CeilingSpeaker Qty 3
ISG-650 Square Grill Cover Qty 3
Invisa 600 In CeilingSpeaker Qty 1
Forcefield 3Ultra-Compact 8' subwoofer Invisa 600 In CeilingSpeaker Qty 2
Power surge singleoutlet wall tap Qty 1

Memorial Day Sale
However for "Plus Upgrade (2 Subs and 7.2.2. system)

I would appreciate comments. Even if I buy on myown, I will still hire someone for installation.
Is Memorial Day Sale better time to but it?
The store selling Golden Ear package said theyhave better deal for July 4th when they may add theater seats topackage for same price.
I guess choosing projector between these two makes a difference of $2000???
Please help me build a package from scratch inI will pay $1,2000 for labor and installation). Where do I but them from? Is Memorial Day Sale good time to buy or should I wait till July 4th Sale?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by DrDon; 05-21-2020 at 01:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-20-2020, 09:47 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 277
So many questions for @mediabroom

Why the different screens with the same projector? Confusing - and $1500 for a grey???? Wow.
Go and ask the projector guys this question alone in the under $3000 projector forum. It just seems silly to pay so much for just an average setup... but I could be wrong.
AND GREY FOR A DARK ROOM??? Wow, again. No windows, dark painted walls..... right?

I read all the time that some of the budget screens (+/- $500) do just fine for a $2000 4K projector like that, even my $100 DIY spandex screen is pretty good for most 1080 content. The upgrade per $$$ / better picture is not there (from what I have read) for screen upgrades so a $2000 screen may only be marginally better than say a $700 screen. Better? Yes. How much better is a question for your wallet and piece of mind, Im just saying that I could do a lot with an extra $1300 for just A LITTLE BETTER.

Why 120 inch? I had a 120 inch at a viewing distance of 12 feet and I moved to a 135 inch at 11 feet and my wife and I love it, although sometimes a little busy for 16:9 format but put in a movie and no complaints. Go as big as possible, and AT if possible.

If you do go in wall why not do a AT (acoustic transparent) screen over your speakers? Way way wayyyyy better to have a AT screen no matter what, even with towers (buy three). Can you move the screen out to put all three _____ LCR speakers behind the screen? And three matching vertically speakers is again, better.

The denon 6500 avr is a great choice, just stick with that. Seems to be a good GO TO theater AVR that everyone likes.

YOU WANT FOUR ATMOS!!!!! Just do the four now and not the two now and then two later for another charge. Wire it all now for a one time charge and the four Atmos is a no-brainer.

Control4?? Wow, that is stepping up. If you want to pay someone to come in and set up everything and make it as easy as possible for a four year old to run then go for it. But if you add even a gaming system down the line then you have to hire them to come in and setup a new program for that AT A COST, new 4K player.... yep, new program. I have a harmony elite and it does everything I want easily (including lights) for a reasonable cost, reasonable time and reasonable effort. Start there, you will be just fine.....

Edit - I guess what I am saying is why go a package? If you have the time, energy and want it done right there are so many smart people here to help make your room so much better than.... a package deal.

This is just what I have gathered in my two plus years on this forum, Good luck

Last edited by Audiophile75; 05-20-2020 at 10:03 PM.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-20-2020, 11:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 3038 Post(s)
Liked: 2129
I totally get wanting to hire a professional to select and install all your gear.

That being said, I would personally recommend you go LISTEN to a system full of Klipsch gear and then a full system of Golden Ear speakers. You are asking other people a question that only you can answer. Neither is objectively better than the other. Each has fans and detractors. They do not sound the same. Both are good. No one else can tell you what you will like.

For the projection part of the setup, I’d personally choose a less expensive screen. On the other hand I would step up to a 5040ub Epson projector. I wouldn’t bother with the Sony. If you want to go up in video quality then it’s JVC.

My current setup.
Recommended podcasts: The Next Picture Show, the /filmcast, AV Rant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-21-2020, 05:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks for the reply.

I will be glad if forum members can make a package in $10,000 as I will have to pay $1,200 for labor cost to get it installed.

Please let me know where to buy it from during Memorial Day sale or should I wait till July 4th sale.

I have heard Klipsch and golden ear. But not in a set up.

Should I do 7.2.4 for my size of room.

I want 2 rows of seating. My riser is 6 feet deep at the back end of the room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page