Originally Posted by swithey
When do you expect to have you HT completed?
That's the million dollar question! I'm hoping by the summer I will at least have the HT done. I'm finishing 1700+ square feet of basement, so it's moving slower than I want it to.... but like a lot of others I'm a 1 man team and stuff takes time.
That being said, I've got quite a bit accomplished over the past couple weeks. I haven't bought a new digital camera yet to replace my broken one, so no new pics. Here's a list of what I've done recently:
- plumbing for kitchen and icemaker
- plumbing for bathroom and shower
- installed studor vents in both areas
- relocated existing doorbell transformer to equipment closet
- ran new control wire for new doorbell.strobe I'm putting in the HT
- ran new security wiring
- finished framing in equipment closet
- started running speaker wire for areas other than HT (Belden 5000UP 12 ga cable)
- ran wiring for new smoke detector in HT
- added rope light outlet in HT
- finished most of the Cat 5e and RG6 runs
- tied grounds together on all outlets and switches (for inspection)
- ran wire for separate GFI to kitchen (by code, has to be on a differnt circuit from the bathroom)
- ran supply to new 125A sub-panel
- installed breakers and 12/2 wiring into panel
- ran #8 copper for new HVAC unit (Carrier system with VFD on the fan motor)
- ran 12/2 for outside heat pump
- roughed in disconnects for heat pump and fan unit
- installed ceiling outlet for projector
- ordered RSIC and DC04 clips from AVS member bpape
That's most of it.... lots of odds and ends before my rough-in inspection. Hopefully I can get that done in the next 2 weeks or so. Nearly all of my framing is done and that's the next inspection. After that, I have an insulation inspection and then, finally, drywall can go up.
Initially, I was going to drywall the whole basement myself, but I'm going to sub it out. It would take me 6 months or more to get it all done. Once I get all my drywall up, then I can focus on 1 room at a time. The HT will be the first to finish.
As far as the HT, I've changed my plans a bit. Initially, I was going to do fabric on all the walls. Now, after seeing some pictures of some other theaters (BuffBaker and charlesB to name a few) I am going to go with more wood on the walls with some fabric panels. I'm not doing recessed cans and instead using track lighting. This limits the number of holes I have to cut in the drywall.
I am going to borrow my neighbors camera to get more pictures..... hopefully in the next couple of days.