Sony BDP-S5100 3D Blu-ray Disc Player does not recognize side by side files as side by side - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-12-2013, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 21

This is my first 3D Blu-Ray player, I was excited because it has a 2D to 3D live conversion that I really wanted to use. I bought it because my PS3 was reading my side by side videos with some distortion in the middle, I noticed that when I ran them on my computer they were totally fine, so the problem was the PS3 disc drive.

I got the Blu-Ray Player today and I put a 2D DVD to see the conversion, the conversion is really good and you can even adjust the intensity, I also notice it has an option to increase the intensity of already 3D content as well.

However I tested my side by side videos which are the ones I bought the thing for, and it plays them in 2D, I mean it doesn't combine the screens into one, I look through the whole remote control and options and there is no way to do the job, apparently it is suppose to do it automatically, but it doesn't.

I thought that was OK considering I can still combine them with my projector which is what I had been doing anyway with them whether I'm using the PS3 or the laptop.

But I can't even do that, because when I send the signal to my projector, now the option of combine them on my projector is gone, so not only the Blu-Ray player doesn't combine them, it doesn't let my projector to combine them.

I have an original 3D Blu-Ray that comes on side by side format and even that one doesn't let me see it in 3D. I don't understand what the problem is, it won't combine them and it won't let my projector combine them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-12-2013, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I found the problem. The video output was set to 1080p. When I set it to 1080i, my projector was able to make the conversion.

Also the side by side video was looking with distortion at 1080i, when I put it to 720p the distortion disappeared.

This makes me think that my projector ViewSonic PJD7820H that is supposed to be full HD 1080p is in fact 720p.

Thanks anyway. I should had played with the settings more before asking here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Sony Bdp S5100 3d Blu Ray Disc Player With Wi Fi

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page