Need help with the Optoma HD25-LV - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-06-2014, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi there!

I just bought a Optoma HD25-LV projector and I am trying to use the 3D capability on the projector. The man from BestBuy told me that the Samsung 3D glasses would work with any 3D projector. Obviously he had no idea what he was talking about because when I got home they didn't work at all with the 3D projector. So I did my research and I found out that Optoma uses DLP-Link 3D glasses. So I looked up what Samsung uses for there 3D glasses and I saw that they use RF, according to this link. So I looked at Optoma's website and found they have RF emitters for Optoma Projectors. Will the RF emitter work with the Samsung 3D glasses? Or should I buy DLP link 3D glasses? If anyone is able to help that would be fantastic!!

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-06-2014, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 53
I bought the HD25-LV around Thanksgiving and absolutely love it. I would recommend RF glasses and an emitter rather than DLP-Link glasses as the latter tend to lose sync in very bright scenes and the black levels also suffer a bit from the white flash used to sync the glasses.

I got a good deal on the Optoma BG-ZF2100GLS RF glasses from a fellow AVS member (six pair for $300). They are normally about $75 apiece. I've read multiple sources claiming that the EStar ESG6000 glasses are the same, although some say otherwise. The EStars are less expensive than the Optomas, and the ESG6100 package of the emitter and one pair of glasses for around $70 is a considerably better price than that of the Optoma emitter and glasses. Check out a certain well-known site for the prices on these.

I'm guessing that the Samsung glasses you got talked into buying won't sync at 144hz, a faster refresh rate than the 120hz used in the previous generation of 3D systems.

One thing's for sure. Once you get your setup going, you will be completely blown away by the 3D. Mine is better than almost every movie theater, and I see a lot of 3D movies at the theaters. I did a lot of research to get the best bang for my buck -- and I got it.
Norksinc likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-06-2014, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate your help man! I'll look into these glasses

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Optoma Hd25 Lv 3d Home Theater Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page