Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-22-2016, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Need Help 3d Passive display

Hello all,
Need help I have already an Epson 6020ub projector with 3 pairs of Epson glasses had 4 one got cracked.
I have 2 Sony Playstation 240hz 24inch 3d TVs with 4 pair of Sony glasses. 1 tv just recently got the blinking light of death.

I have unfortunately about 12 pairs of passive glasses from various movies I seen in the theater in realD 3D that I forgot to recycle. I try to see every 3d movie I can in the theater sometimes. I just forget to get rid of the glasses.

I need your help finding a passive display
doesn't have to be 4k I am fine with 1080p still. I am looking for 32- 55 inches. I only see 2 brands that made passive displays am I correct?
Vizio and LG- I see the LG made a brand called cinema 3d. looking at the specs its only 120hz is that bad for passive 3d?

TV will be not used tremendously for 3d but will get some 3D out of it. When I'm in bedroom and not in my theatre room.

any ideas? Sorry if this is a double post as I was looking through older posts and some were dated from 2012 when 3d was giving people headaches.

thank you in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-23-2016, 07:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1227 Post(s)
Liked: 485
You won't be able to buy a new 1080p 3D passive display now. You can always check craigslist and pawn shops for one. 1080p passive will halve the vertical resolution. All new 3D TV capable displays are 4K. The cheapest passive is the 55" LG for 1300.00 with HDR.

With 4K you'll be able to see full 1080p per eye though. I just saw on Amazon they still had last year's model OLED 55" for 1800, but it was before HDR feature was added, new models are 2800.00 for 55".

Depends on what you want to spend. I wouldn't buy a used one without checking model number and seeing the specs and how old it is first. Compare prices to new first and see if it's a good deal.

This line intentionally left blank.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 72
If you were in Illinois, you could buy my 55" LG 3D tv ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-08-2016, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
^Haha, I thought the same thing. I have a 55" LG with Cinema 3D that would be perfect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page