Lg oled 77 g6p; the end is near - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #31 of 53 Old 12-27-2017, 08:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill722 View Post
No EIEIO, haha. Christmas has sucked the life out of me, and I am just now recovering from mass hysteria! I have been doing some verifying on my tvs as to your problem and trying to duplicate it. My problem is the tvs have so few hours on them, one 20, one 14 and the other about 25. I only use them for 3d movies, and so I am trying to get past the calibration time to give you a good answer. I do believe I have to have a good 75 hours or so to do this, at least. I am hoping to have these tvs last me the next 25 years, as I am afraid 3d ain't coming back.

I had planned on clocking in those hours over Christmas, but as I said above, my life is not my own. I have all next week to clock in the hours and will be back with better answers. I am sorry to leave you hanging. So far though I have found nothing similar to your problem or banding issues, and of course no bi. At darker levels on 3d and not on 3d the picture is grey with no abnormalities that I can see on any of the screens. I just saw your 2 eyes screen and am going to look at it now.

You have tried 3 screens altogether and all have had this problem in 3d mode?

Bear with me. Bill
ps Hope you had a nice Christmas

Thanks Bill, ( EIEIO..?? like old Mc Donald's farm?)... *Laughs.....(It's EYE-loupes, Like the Jeweler's looking glass, But I do like "Wild Bill's" packaged beef Jerky, He sold the license a few years ago and now can be found in places like Walmart if you're lucky...Not that Gummy bear Jack Links, Slim-Jim crap...If it's not beneath your palate)

Yes my Christmas was fun....Sorry I kind of figured now wouldn't be a good time to be posting expectations from anyone..... I myself put a few miles on my truck gift shopping and got the idea of stopping in some big box electronic stores to ask the sales staff if they recall any returns for my issue back in 2016. I even spoke to a few reps who bought our series before they disappeared and explained my issue. They have not replied to my test inspection proposal through this forum yet. (got a few looks like I had a screw loose though....lol) I also had some time write to the manufacture again. I included a single photo I created will the pictures I posted here ( apparently 1 photo is all they allow you to attach per support letter)...Their reply was to give them evaluation time, Before someone would contact me....No bad publicity intended, They have been totally awesome so far considering they are a global entity.

BTW, "Best Buy" was selling off 1080p, 3D-Blu-rays for around $10. I haven't seen any 4K-3D, Blu-rays yet. I hope "The last jedi" or "Jumanji" Movies, Will be available soon. However other forum posts claim they will not because our format has been abandoned.

I understand your concern about using those tests on a low hour TV. I personally don't believe they can cause any harm or physical stress. When you activate the Half-SBS or OU mode, The 2 colors are blended and show a full screen gray image. Only through the polarized glasses lens will you see the sine-wave pattern crosstalk (with the proper eye closed)

When you do get a chance or after the New Year, Take some pictures through your glasses lens, like I did and post them or send them back to my e-mail. I personally do not know anyone local with a 3D-TV or I would just bring over my USB stick and some goodies.....LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bills.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	2336296  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 53 Old 01-05-2018, 06:25 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hello there,
I haven't got an OLED TV, but FYI here is the result of 3D crosstalk test of my LG 65UB980T, viewed about 8 feets from TV, direct center.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	LG_65UB980T_crosstalk.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	2340536  
post #33 of 53 Old 01-06-2018, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyElouPeS View Post
Merry Christmas, Everybody !!!

WildBill, Get stuck in a Chimney or something? where u been?
Hey Eye loupes:
Cant find your email! I know you sent it to me. I am ready to go. Will you send me the mp4 files again please? I will download on to zip drive plug into tv an then go to the files you named and then put my glasses in front of my phone to take a picture. Is that right? Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 53 Old 01-07-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem0111 View Post
Hello there,
I haven't got an OLED TV, but FYI here is the result of 3D crosstalk test of my LG 65UB980T, viewed about 8 feets from TV, direct center.

Awesome !!

Thanks for sharing Artem. Looks Good... Your model quotes the "Cinema 3D (FPR)" I don't know how to I could learn the difference in physical properties (if any) Your film would have compared to the OLEDs. I'm wondering if the fact LED backlit LCDs are brighter, Allowed them to use a thicker layer, Use a different brand of film or even separate X/Y layers like my Vizio-M series backlit model had. It also had a higher refresh rate (240hz) like yours. I never noticed crosstalk with the M651D-A2R, Even at greater viewing angles, But it was only 1080p....I Luv the way they advertised their (Cats-Ass) technology

It's kind of funny, Back then the most common complaint I read was "Clouding" Where the screen would show areas of light bleed through (including my old Vizio) on a totally black backround. Seems like where improvements were made, Apparently tradeoff limitations became inherent to what I have now.
post #35 of 53 Old 01-08-2018, 06:12 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
EyElouPeS, the test looks good, but I still able to see crosstalk where there are dark objects (e.g. people) on snow or white sand, and it's quite annoying I don't remember such notisable crosstalk on my previous 1080p 42LB677v. I'll post an example picture later.
EyElouPeS likes this.
post #36 of 53 Old 01-09-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Hey Eye loupes:
Cant find your email! I know you sent it to me. I am ready to go. Will you send me the mp4 files again please? I will download on to zip drive plug into tv an then go to the files you named and then put my glasses in front of my phone to take a picture. Is that right? Bill

Yupper, I sent you 3 different color files yesterday....
post #37 of 53 Old 01-09-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem0111 View Post
EyElouPeS, the test looks good, but I still able to see crosstalk where there are dark objects (e.g. people) on snow or white sand, and it's quite annoying I don't remember such notisable crosstalk on my previous 1080p 42LB677v. I'll post an example picture later.

Odd, Don't see much crosstalk on your slide...Especially if you watch your 3D movies in 16:9....I have other 2 color files in .MP4 format if you like... PM me at [email protected] and I will forward them.

The 42" is also part of the Cinema 3D line
frequency 200 Hz, Maybe just less noticeable on a smaller screen size.

BTW...If you look back on page 1 of this thread, I posted off point center example photos...I'm wondering if you get the same "sine-wave" pattern I do.
post #38 of 53 Old 01-21-2018, 09:01 AM

Artem...Bill ??

Seems Wildbill has fallen off the wagon & Retracted his previous statements...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cricket.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	2348946   Click image for larger version

Name:	bill.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	2348948  

Last edited by EyElouPeS; 01-29-2018 at 01:27 PM.
post #39 of 53 Old 02-03-2018, 09:21 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Anyone made comparisons among these 3D models left?

- LG OLED G6P (2016)
- Sony XBR75Z9D (2016)
- Samsung UN85JU7100 (2015)

Which would be the best choice that comes closest to plasma image and why? Please rank them.

Their prices are comparable within $4,000 to $6,000 range.

The main issue with LCD/LED displays is that they appear to be overlit especially in shadows. Looks fake. Recently, I saw the Sony Z9D and LG G7P at Best Buy demo'ing a night scene in Las Vegas. The street surfaces were glowing! This is NOT what we see in real life. This is electronically enhanced. I guess the displays are turned up to counter against harsh bright (fluorescent) lighting environments. I did manage to reduce BRIGHTNESS and GAMMA settings to reduce the annoying effects.

This is where i am coming from.

I still enjoy my Panasonic 65" VT60 plasma because the image looks so natural and not overly enhanced. Golf courses, baseball and football fields shouldn't look neon green. Apples are not bright red; only in slick photoshop'd advertisements. Sure, lack of super brightness has been a complaint about plasma (and some early OLEDs) too. But the HDR effect again, can become synthetic rather than live-like (or "film"-like). Similarly, 4K doesn't impress me. We don't go around looking at detailed thread counts in the fabric from clothing. OLED "inky" black is great as long as it looks natural.

As a huge fan of 3D like you, the only reason I am looking now is to get a 3D backup to my plasma while there are a few left on the market. Who knows when will the next generation of 3D will revive again?

I appreciate any comments, suggestions, recommendations, etc from fellow 3D fans on this thread. Thank you in advance!
post #40 of 53 Old 02-04-2018, 07:10 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalPhantom View Post

- LG OLED G6P (2016)
- Sony XBR75Z9D (2016)

Which would be the best choice that comes closest to plasma image and why? Please rank them.

The main issue with LCD/LED displays is that they appear to be overlit especially in shadows. Looks fake. Recently, I saw the Sony Z9D and LG G7P at Best Buy demo'ing a night scene in Las Vegas. The street surfaces were glowing! This is NOT what we see in real life. This is electronically enhanced. I guess the displays are turned up to counter against harsh bright (fluorescent) lighting environments. I did manage to reduce BRIGHTNESS and GAMMA settings to reduce the annoying effects.

I still enjoy my Panasonic 65" VT60 plasma because the image looks so natural and not overly enhanced. Golf courses, baseball and football fields shouldn't look neon green. Apples are not bright red; only in slick photoshop'd advertisements. Sure, lack of super brightness has been a complaint about plasma (and some early OLEDs) too. But the HDR effect again, can become synthetic rather than live-like (or "film"-like). Similarly, 4K doesn't impress me. We don't go around looking at detailed thread counts in the fabric from clothing. OLED "inky" black is great as long as it looks natural.

As a huge fan of 3D like you, the only reason I am looking now is to get a 3D backup to my plasma while there are a few left on the market. Who knows when will the next generation of 3D will revive again?

I appreciate any comments, suggestions, recommendations, etc from fellow 3D fans on this thread. Thank you in advance!
OLED in Cinema mode mutes the artificial color enhancement. Quite life-like. I have owned every method of 3D TV known; OLED reigns supreme.

Watch GRAVITY's deep space blackness. Nothing comes close to OLED except perhaps your plasma.

--
Dan Shane
LG 65EF9500 & LG 65UH8500

God gave us two eyes for a reason.
post #41 of 53 Old 02-04-2018, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

The emperor is wearing no clothes! The sky is not falling!

Quote:
Artem...Bill ??

Seems Wildbill has fallen off the wagon & Retracted his previous statements...
Hello Eyeloupes:

I read Artem's discussion on your slides and thought he had answered your questions. Sorry if you thought I left you hanging. That was not my intent. His answers I thought were very revealing, and to the point as to this issue, or should I say non-issue. I have had absolutely zero crosstalk issues on any of my lg oleds. I was about 3 feet away away from 65 c6p last night watching the Croods and it was incredible! Same with T2 on the 77 g6p; no crosstalk, only wonderfulness! And no ghosting OR crosstalk anywhere on the screen, including the areas your slides speak to.

I am sure it is possible that if I crank the tv down to a near black level and don't have a picture on the screen I may discover "something". But I am too busy just enjoying the magical 3d these tvs produce. I am afraid a lot of naysayers of the oled picture have produced some nonsensical vertical black bar issues and silly vignetting of the screens at a 5% black level and are on the sidelines laughing at the oled owners who took the bait and sent their screens/tvs back to lg for a new screen(while they, behind the scenes, were buying an lg oled, "just as a back-up", mind you, and at a reduced price, ha.ha.). Put a pathology with a subliminal message and you get a lot of seemingly scary shadows that don't really matter. The emperor has no clothes!

Now that the lg oled tvs are gone from Amazon and other sites(there are NO lg oled 65 c6p, 65 g6p or 77 g6p's left. Period) I am happy to be "stuck" with these "awful" oled pictures. I just do a little laugh when I hear a tv(usually plasma) or projection tv owner of an active, darkened tv screen/display and/or cave to watch it in, heavy and headache inducing glasses user, which unfortunately produces an inferior 3d picture(an inferior picture is still inferior no matter how big it is), tell me about the burn in problems on an oled or the black lines if you show a near dark screen on the oled display with no picture. I just cringe a little however when I see the people who have been tricked by this bull****.

If you are not happy with the 2016 oleds by lg, you ain't never gonna be happy. These are as good as it gets. And as Paul Harvey would say, that is the rest of the story.

So relax Eyeloupes. You got a great tv, that no one else who doesn't have one will ever have. Rest assured, those same naysayers are enjoying their "back-up" oled tvs, after convincing everyone the sky is falling, and getting a reduced price. The sky is not falling!

Last edited by wildbill722; 02-04-2018 at 09:40 AM.
post #42 of 53 Old 02-04-2018, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
not that i was ever in the market for the 77" oled but i was considering picking up a 65" oled in the coming months (if one could be found still online maybe a refurbished unit or demo) but i think i can't risk it. I'll likely try to find a 2016 led panel with 3d, yes that won't be easy either, i predicted they would all disappear before end of year and here we are, the end has come.

Need to get the burn in issue fixed first. I keep tv's for quite awhile and don't want to risk it. Burn in isn't something that will likely present itself right away, but develop over a period of time so i'm waiting for lg to get this issue fixed before i consider oled.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/perm...rn-in-lcd-oled
Example of my above message. Ha. Ha. Too funny!

Last edited by wildbill722; 02-04-2018 at 09:32 AM.
post #43 of 53 Old 02-04-2018, 03:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1270 Post(s)
Liked: 508
Quote:
I just do a little laugh when I hear a tv(usually plasma) or projection tv owner of an active, darkened tv screen/display and/or cave to watch it in, heavy and headache inducing glasses user, which unfortunately produces an inferior 3d picture(an inferior picture is still inferior no matter how big it is), tell me about the burn in problems on an oled or the black lines if you show a near dark screen on the oled display with no picture. I just cringe a little however when I see the people who have been tricked by this bull****.

If you are not happy with the 2016 oleds by lg, you ain't never gonna be happy. These are as good as it gets. And as Paul Harvey would say, that is the rest of the story.

So relax Eyeloupes. You got a great tv, that no one else who doesn't have one will ever have. Rest assured, those same naysayers are enjoying their "back-up" oled tvs, after convincing everyone the sky is falling, and getting a reduced price. The sky is not falling!
Pretty sure my active screen is bright enough (see attached), if it was any brighter I would need sunglasses! I literally squint sometimes when the screens goes full white. Given the small space I have in basement I'm using nearly all of the floor to ceiling and wall to wall. I've gone back and forth on putting in a flat screen but I would have to buy a 98" flat panel before I would have something nearly as close as this. And of course zero crosstalk at 10' on a 140" screen so there's virtually no windowed look to movies.

Was the whole point of this thread really to brag about a TV you bought before they were sold out? 8K glasses-free screens are right around the corner. There will always be something better coming, that's just the way of improving technology. And you can find these screens used still, I just saw a 65" E6 near me for under 3K, might take a look at it but I may save my money for glasses-free at this point.

Keep us updated on burn in, I'm curious if anyone has any real issues, especially retention that persists more than a few minutes.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	theater-room_tomtastic_1.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	326.9 KB
ID:	2356304  

This line intentionally left blank.
post #44 of 53 Old 02-06-2018, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Pretty sure my active screen is bright enough (see attached), if it was any brighter I would need sunglasses! I literally squint sometimes when the screens goes full white. Given the small space I have in basement I'm using nearly all of the floor to ceiling and wall to wall. I've gone back and forth on putting in a flat screen but I would have to buy a 98" flat panel before I would have something nearly as close as this. And of course zero crosstalk at 10' on a 140" screen so there's virtually no windowed look to movies.

Was the whole point of this thread really to brag about a TV you bought before they were sold out? 8K glasses-free screens are right around the corner. There will always be something better coming, that's just the way of improving technology. And you can find these screens used still, I just saw a 65" E6 near me for under 3K, might take a look at it but I may save my money for glasses-free at this point.

Keep us updated on burn in, I'm curious if anyone has any real issues, especially retention that persists more than a few minutes.

TOM- Seems like a tight fit, How do you access your couch? from doggie steps behind it?....lol

The post above where Mr. Bill shared from your past (rtings) is still being updated to keep you informed on burn-in from bright static images....With 1k+ hours on my screen from mixed visuals.. Black bars, 16:9 & Rare 4:3 broadcast and even black and white movies from the "ME-TV" channel, I haven't yet seen any color variations using solid colors full screen test slides. Hopefully because the broadcasting networks have also taken steps to keep their logos transparent and moving to reduce it too....I keep my brightness range in the low 50's and let my eyes adjust...Still causes an occasional squint in a blacked out room...Brightness is like a car... No need to race everyone in town and cause excessive engine wear, Even with oil changes and tune-ups it's gonna happen faster. Unlike my Vizio-M, "Encompass parts" does carry replacement panels for the OLED models. Granted they are not cheap, I was told they were "New" and still being manufactured. E-bay has plenty of internal boards posted all the time (taken from unwanted damaged screen units)

I don't mind the 3D glasses, I still go to the "Movies" and wear them. Disneyworld still uses them, Thought "Last Jedi" Real-D had lots of dark scenes anyway and that's just the way it was filmed.
post #45 of 53 Old 02-06-2018, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Example of my above message. Ha. Ha. Too funny!

Mr. Bill..... telling me about "The Emperor"...Yes, I know the story is old news and the horse he road in on.. (He must be bound to non-disclosure agreement or something.. I'm kidding !!!)... YES.."WE" are special....I'm not complaining, Seeking perfection or bashing anyone, Just comparing, Sorry I can't find "rate my crosstalk" photographs quietly to amuse myself without some disruptive collaboration. *My intent it not to belittle because I'm questioning shoes, With the knowledge there are legs without feet..

* My apologies if it seems that way to anyone....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	feet.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	2357274  
post #46 of 53 Old 02-07-2018, 07:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
TOM- Seems like a tight fit, How do you access your couch? from doggie steps behind it?....lol
It is a tight fit. Have to be sitting down but it works ok then. Just walk around it and sit. No wasted space for sure.

post #47 of 53 Old 02-09-2018, 02:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

So went and looked at that 65" OLED near me at pawn shop. It's the E6 model. I ended up buying, lol, (yeah I know right? Maybe I'm worrying for nothing on burn in, I hope I'm wrong.) Got it on layaway for now for 30 days, waiting on tax return, so I'll pick it up here in a couple weeks maybe first week of March. Wanted 2800 for it so I decided why not. I checked it throughly though for burn in and no signs of burn in or retention while playing. I even tested 3D with content I brought on USB stick, some of my own content I filmed and images looked very good, just like on my smaller 49" screen. It handled the 4K3D files fine. I will say that this one handles crosstalk better. I was able to stand a little closer to it than the 49" screen. Overall, I couldn't really judge the image quality because they had the TV's in front of the windows and light was shining inside store but from what I can tell it looked at least as good as my two older screens.

Been checking craigslist and not a lot showing up right now and don't want to let this one slip away and not like you can get them online and even then you can't check them out first in person. Now I have to decide where to put it. I don't really want it in living room because of leaving the screen paused for too long which I don't use that screen much up there, everyone else uses it. I just came in last night and found the living room TV on and paused for who knows how long. But I've never had any problems with it or my other screens doing that. Downstairs is projection screen and I'm going to have a hard time replacing that screen with this one because of the overall size and performance of 3D on that. I may make a custom cart for it to move in front of the projection screen when I want to use it, sort of leaning towards that idea.

post #48 of 53 Old 02-09-2018, 02:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
So went and looked at that 65" OLED near me at pawn shop. It's the E6 model. I ended up buying, lol, (yeah I know right? Maybe I'm worrying for nothing on burn in, I hope I'm wrong.) Got it on layaway for now for 30 days, waiting on tax return, so I'll pick it up here in a couple weeks maybe first week of March. Wanted 2800 for it so I decided why not. I checked it throughly though for burn in and no signs of burn in or retention while playing. I even tested 3D with content I brought on USB stick, some of my own content I filmed and images looked very good, just like on my smaller 49" screen. It handled the 4K3D files fine. I will say that this one handles crosstalk better. I was able to stand a little closer to it than the 49" screen. Overall, I couldn't really judge the image quality because they had the TV's in front of the windows and light was shining inside store but from what I can tell it looked at least as good as my two older screens.

Been checking craigslist and not a lot showing up right now and don't want to let this one slip away and not like you can get them online and even then you can't check them out first in person. Now I have to decide where to put it. I don't really want it in living room because of leaving the screen paused for too long which I don't use that screen much up there, everyone else uses it. I just came in last night and found the living room TV on and paused for who knows how long. But I've never had any problems with it or my other screens doing that. Downstairs is projection screen and I'm going to have a hard time replacing that screen with this one because of the overall size and performance of 3D on that. I may make a custom cart for it to move in front of the projection screen when I want to use it, sort of leaning towards that idea.
the ideas we resort to for our 3D! Glad I scored a G6 65 when the time was right. 3k minus 200 adjustment minus 200 amex. fluke one might say in January 2017.
post #49 of 53 Old 02-11-2018, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Been checking craigslist and not a lot showing up right now and don't want to let this one slip away and not like you can get them online and even then you can't check them out first in person. Now I have to decide where to put it. I don't really want it in living room because of leaving the screen paused for too long which I don't use that screen much up there, everyone else uses it. I just came in last night and found the ate room TV on and paused for who knows how long. But I've never had any problems with it or my other screens doing that. Downstairs is projection screen and I'm going to have a hard time replacing that screen with this one because of the overall size and performance of 3D on that. I may make a custom cart for it to move in front of the projection screen when I want to use it, sort of leaning towards that idea.
I would run a spears and munsil(2d edition) 3d testing protocol on your find first, before I brought it home. They have tests no one else has for 3d. Be very careful! It is very dangerous buying a high quality product like an lg oled from a pawn shop. It is my belief that almost all of the problems the 2016 lg oleds have developed came from bad shipping, moving and unpacking. These tvs are fragile and you can't just move them around like a piece of meat. If I had let them, the shippers would have thrown it on the floor and literally walked on it! Unfortunately that did happen to a lot of these. Sort of like buying a Ferrari from one of those "beside the road" used car places and having Leroy bring it up to specs. One little mishap in its past could have really damaged it in many unseen ways that you won't notice for maybe months. I think there is one 65 g6p on amazon for a little over $4k that might offer more assurances as to its history, but it is still basically a pig in a poke when you get right down to it.

What kind of warranty does the pawn shop offer? I got a 4 year warranty directly from lg with my 77 when I bought it new from a legitimate distributor of lg tvs. It gives me a lot of piece of mind to know in the next 4 years no matter what happens they will fix it. Hopefully the pawn shop offers some kind of extended warranty? How many hours does it have on it?

Truthfully, it does make my skin crawl a little bit just thinking about it. What do you think NC KEYS?

In any event--Welcome to the Pride!
post #50 of 53 Old 02-11-2018, 10:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I figured out how I'm going to mount the LG. I plan on making a new wall where it will go, mainly because the wall that's there now, the studs are metal, so will be using wood studs in front of those. Once that's done I will likely have to lower my center channel speakers because they are going to be too high when the LG is mounted but I'm building a new wall anyway so they'll have to be moved anyway. I used Klipsch Reference series for center. Once LG screen is all up I plan on making some adjustments to the projector screen frame, I will have to narrow the width about .5"-.75" on each side as it's too wide right now. I will adjust the hanging mounts forward a bit to allow for the new screen width behind the projector screen. Then I will make new hanging/locking supports for the bottom of frame to lift the projector frame up and secure to the ceiling to reveal the LG behind it. Right now I can't lift it because it's catching on the sides too much. So best of both worlds in the same theater room without having to move the LG around which I would rather not. And then when the screen is down it will also protect the LG.

Yes, it is used. I looked at some of the E6 models used on Amazon, they're all scratch and dent models but the thing is you can't really inspect those in person and they were more than what I'm paying for this one which I was able to view in person. Considering they were 4500 new, I think it's a bargain/gamble situation one I'm willing to take a chance on. I'm still looking for a regular LG LED model 65" that I would replace my older 65" 1080p model in living room which has been a great TV. But I would not put an OLED there, not really worth the risk of burn in since I wouldn't be in control of it most of the time. Warranty doesn't cover burn in either so if that happens you're out anyway.

post #51 of 53 Old 03-31-2018, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 7
I spent alot of time watching the z9 and oled, i never got to try the 3d however i couldn't shake the fact that the blacks not only are no where near as contrast like but if you watch old movies like empire strikes back on oled vs z9 its such a mind blowing experience on the first, next i watched dark knight and my mind was made up. the z9 is a beautiful tv and in any other universe would be perfect excpet for oled 3d.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalPhantom View Post

- LG OLED G6P (2016)
- Sony XBR75Z9D (2016)

post #52 of 53 Old 03-24-2019, 12:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 21
zombie thread, but here we are 3 years later and I still never saw a 77G6p in the wilds in Canada. Would definitely have picked on up for $6k back in the day if that had of been an option...

If only there was a way to add 3D to existing OLED that didn't suck I'd be so tied to that instead of pining for projection...sigh.

If someone has one they're not using up here feel free to PM

post #53 of 53 Old 03-25-2019, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkshark View Post
zombie thread, but here we are 3 years later and I still never saw a 77G6p in the wilds in Canada. Would definitely have picked on up for $6k back in the day if that had of been an option...

If only there was a way to add 3D to existing OLED that didn't suck I'd be so tied to that instead of pining for projection...sigh.

If someone has one they're not using up here feel free to PM
crickets.....

LG 77G6P/OPPO 203 REGION FREE
LG 65G6P/OPPO 203 REGION FREE
LG 65C6P/OPPO 203
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page