Lg oled 77 g6p; the end is near - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #1 of 53 Old 11-14-2017, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Lg oled 77 g6p; the end is near

If you want a 77 inch oled g6p you better act fast. The guys at Walt's say they have about 10 left and that's all there is in all of THE COUNTRY. They will go down to $8600.00 with white glove, but I couldn't get them any lower no matter what I said. I have been waiting for 3 months hoping black friday would lower the price more, but we are at $9,000.00 at Amazon, which I went with, as I love Amazon fulfillment even though I paid $400.00 more, which is still a ----load, but this is the last and only really large screen 3d oled that will ever be available, and they are going fast!

And they were $25,000.00 a year ago. Man, I hated to pay $9,000.00 but I have a 65 g6p and I went on youtube and compared the size difference and there is a huge difference, so the 65 goes in the bedroom.

Once these babies are gone you ain't gonna find no more. End of the 3d era, forever. Keep dreaming about Cameron and Avatar 2, or that you can run projectors in tandem, etc. Bottom line these 77s are the bomb; period.

Just thought a heads up was in order. In fact the end is not near----it is here.
Kenbar and EVERRET like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 Old 11-15-2017, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1270 Post(s)
Liked: 508
I think 65" is plenty big for a flat panel for casual viewing just sit a little closer and you can mimic a larger screen.

3D won't be gone forever (after 2020 or so) once 4K has saturated the market. After 4K resolution that will be it because 8K is pointless unless you have a screen that's 100 plus inches so depth and better color are the only way to improve the image quality. But it will be more conservative on 3D addition to hardware next go because of the reaction this 3D era which was over-saturated.

A large flat screen even at 77" doesn't compare in immersion effect to a projector. Might just be me but I love sitting 10' from a 140" screen. 77" won't come near that and if you sit too close with passive you get crosstalk bad. However since the screen sizes on flat panels aren't that much different between them such as 55-60 or 60-65 you could adjust seating position forward a little to mimic a larger panel size. Just have to discover where crosstalk becomes a problem and sit beyond that. I have a little 49" 4K screen and I can get about 6' from it.

Yes, 3D flat screens are pretty much gone for now. Aside from picking another one up used on Craigslist I plan on waiting for whatever comes next for 3D like glasses-free but I'm sticking with projection as I find that is the best method for 3D immersion even if color and brightness don't compare to flat panels, they make up for it with size.

I'm still not sure on OLED, too many stories of burn in and bad crosstalk with 3D and OLED is still an early tech, I may just get another LED when one shows up used.

This line intentionally left blank.
post #3 of 53 Old 11-16-2017, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

1960's hemi vs. lamborghini aventador

Are you basing your opinion of a 77 inch 4k oled on your 49 inch 1080 lg? The 49 inch is only 40% the size of the 77 inch tv, and is not 4k. Watching 3d through a passive oled system that produces the same image imax produces at the theater is sheer breathtaking. Anything else is just an attempt to lie to yourself.

Sure you can go to a drive-in and watch a movie that is 100's of feet across and say the immersion is great, but when's the last time you went to one? How big is too big? My answer is when my eyes can't follow all the action on the screen(when I'm sitting 10 feet from a 12 ft. screen), or when the picture is not the best it can be.

Just look at all the trouble tv projection owners go to to get a good picture that isn't all washed out unless they are in a blackened cave. I have not seen one oled owner say EVERY movie they watch was not wonderful on their system, and that they were going back to watch old 3d movies that they originally did not like. By the same token it is amusing to listen to tv projector owners gripe about no 3d effects, ghosting, too dim, glasses not working, etc. and blame it on movie, director, etc.

Before you cast dispersions on something maybe you should give it a try first? After looking at large oleds I have been very unimpressed with projector tv and all its flaws. I could go on and on about why projector tvs are dinosaurs, but what's the point; its like trying to convert someone to your religion. You like your big 1960's hemi and I like my new lamborghini aventador. Just don't try to convince me I won't eat you alive on a race track.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 53 Old 11-16-2017, 02:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 612 Post(s)
Liked: 339
I own and pedal a 50's era and a 60's era 396 and 426 hemi's for my blown gas and alcohol hydroplane drag boats with many trophies. I'll take you up on that and double down. Be prepared for 200 mph in 5 -6 seconds for a quarter of a mile. You obviously have never witnessed well set up equipment including projectors or speed machines and profess the best there is would be a high price tagged out of the box polished show room mass produced something or other? LoL. Bring your helmet, parachute and firesuit.

HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players
W10 1909 / MPC-BE\HC / PotPlayer / PowerDVD 19 / DVDFab Player 3&5 / KODI 19 videoplayer
GTX960 4GB / RGB Full 4:4:4 / 8bit Desktop mode =60Hz / 10/12bit Video mode = Matched Refresh rates IE 23,24,25,60Hz
65JS8500 UHD HDR 3D / Denon S720W
post #5 of 53 Old 11-16-2017, 05:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill722 View Post
Are you basing your opinion of a 77 inch 4k oled on your 49 inch 1080 lg? The 49 inch is only 40% the size of the 77 inch tv, and is not 4k. Watching 3d through a passive oled system that produces the same image imax produces at the theater is sheer breathtaking. Anything else is just an attempt to lie to yourself.

Sure you can go to a drive-in and watch a movie that is 100's of feet across and say the immersion is great, but when's the last time you went to one? How big is too big? My answer is when my eyes can't follow all the action on the screen(when I'm sitting 10 feet from a 12 ft. screen), or when the picture is not the best it can be.

Just look at all the trouble tv projection owners go to to get a good picture that isn't all washed out unless they are in a blackened cave. I have not seen one oled owner say EVERY movie they watch was not wonderful on their system, and that they were going back to watch old 3d movies that they originally did not like. By the same token it is amusing to listen to tv projector owners gripe about no 3d effects, ghosting, too dim, glasses not working, etc. and blame it on movie, director, etc.

Before you cast dispersions on something maybe you should give it a try first? After looking at large oleds I have been very unimpressed with projector tv and all its flaws. I could go on and on about why projector tvs are dinosaurs, but what's the point; its like trying to convert someone to your religion. You like your big 1960's hemi and I like my new lamborghini aventador. Just don't try to convince me I won't eat you alive on a race track.
Of course my 49" is 4K. I said it was in my post. But 4K really isn't important if we're discussing 3D, which isn't 4K yet.

On my 49" 4K or my 140" projector, I didn't say that these were the same experience or better. You read way more into my post that what was written. Slow down a little when you read. If you consider the fact that the 77" OLED is $8k you have to consider what's worth it and what isn't because I consider that to be a lot for a TV, the most I ever spent was about 4500 and I will never spend that much again.

I mentioned sitting a little closer on a smaller flat panel if you just want a more immersive experience which is really the only reason to go larger with a 77" when you can save a few grand and get a 65", that is if you can even find one now. Those that want a more immersive view can move forward and everyone else further back, best of both worlds. Again, to a point because of crosstalk. I can sit 6 feet on my 49", can you sit that close with 3D on a 77", I seriously doubt it. No it's not OLED just regular 4K LED, but I only paid 400.00 so it's not really a comparison, just saying if you want bigger on these smaller screens, just scoot up a little, it's cheaper!

There are numerous reports on OLED issues with burn-in and crosstalk and both of these are causes for concern whether it's a $1000 display or $8k display, I would want to know if these are going to be problems. And yes there are already several dedicated threads here just about these issues. Burn-in would be a flat out return for me but since you can only buy these online now that could be an issue if you have to pay return shipping, usually buyer pays for return shipping on Amazon with warranty returns and what if burn-in doesn't happen until after the warranty? And crosstalk, there's nothing worse for 3D than crosstalk and that's been a complaint on flat screens and now even worse on OLED panels.

I didn't say projection TV, I said projector and it's really a matter of preference. To me 77" is just too small at least for movies. I have a 65" flat screen up stairs and that's fine for casual viewing but movies I like bigger and view movies at 140" and 10' distance, doesn't mean everyone will like that, but that's my preference. 77" is just too small. I realize PQ on OLED is better but it's also dimmer too than a regular LED screen so there's that, and screen size it's not possible to sit that close with passive panels, you get crosstalk.

post #6 of 53 Old 11-18-2017, 04:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
Of course my 49" is 4K. I said it was in my post. But 4K really isn't important if we're discussing 3D, which isn't 4K yet.

On my 49" 4K or my 140" projector, I didn't say that these were the same experience or better. You read way more into my post that what was written. Slow down a little when you read. If you consider the fact that the 77" OLED is $8k you have to consider what's worth it and what isn't because I consider that to be a lot for a TV, the most I ever spent was about 4500 and I will never spend that much again.

I mentioned sitting a little closer on a smaller flat panel if you just want a more immersive experience which is really the only reason to go larger with a 77" when you can save a few grand and get a 65", that is if you can even find one now. Those that want a more immersive view can move forward and everyone else further back, best of both worlds. Again, to a point because of crosstalk. I can sit 6 feet on my 49", can you sit that close with 3D on a 77", I seriously doubt it. No it's not OLED just regular 4K LED, but I only paid 400.00 so it's not really a comparison, just saying if you want bigger on these smaller screens, just scoot up a little, it's cheaper!

There are numerous reports on OLED issues with burn-in and crosstalk and both of these are causes for concern whether it's a $1000 display or $8k display, I would want to know if these are going to be problems. And yes there are already several dedicated threads here just about these issues. Burn-in would be a flat out return for me but since you can only buy these online now that could be an issue if you have to pay return shipping, usually buyer pays for return shipping on Amazon with warranty returns and what if burn-in doesn't happen until after the warranty? And crosstalk, there's nothing worse for 3D than crosstalk and that's been a complaint on flat screens and now even worse on OLED panels.

I didn't say projection TV, I said projector and it's really a matter of preference. To me 77" is just too small at least for movies. I have a 65" flat screen up stairs and that's fine for casual viewing but movies I like bigger and view movies at 140" and 10' distance, doesn't mean everyone will like that, but that's my preference. 77" is just too small. I realize PQ on OLED is better but it's also dimmer too than a regular LED screen so there's that, and screen size it's not possible to sit that close with passive panels, you get crosstalk.
i agree. If you do not have the space for a projector there is nothing like the 77g6 and Walts took good care of me 2 weeks ago. Love it and the 3D is unmatched in the living room space. It's definately not too small because it immerses you like nothing ive seen with oled and passive 3D.
EVERRET likes this.
post #7 of 53 Old 11-18-2017, 04:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc88keyz View Post
i agree. If you do not have the space for a projector there is nothing like the 77g6 and Walts took good care of me 2 weeks ago. Love it and the 3D is unmatched in the living room space. It's definately not too small because it immerses you like nothing ive seen with oled and passive 3D.
Oh and the 400 more you paid may have given you piece of mind but i purchased from Walts direct. Fulfillment from Walts is right out of their amazon inventory with white glove. Same people, The only difference is you don't get prime benefit whatever that afforded you with a 3rd party. That was straight from the horse's mouth. As long as you are happy. Basically you have a receipt from Amazon and I have one from Walts. However you can pay with amazon pay through waltz website as well and get the same benefit. They usually juat give you a coupon to check out at between 8400 and 8600.
post #8 of 53 Old 11-19-2017, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Hello NC 88Keyz:

I like Miles at Walts but after carefully reading their 30 day return policy it made me a little uneasy. I felt like I could trust Miles so I probably wasted $400.00, but I know Amazon will take mine back no questions asked, no matter what the reason.

Can you tell me more about your thoughts on the tv? It is hard to find someone who has one. And I am glad the immersion is present. Did we get a great deal or what?!?!! I hope the lovers of 3d realize the point in time they are at: If they don't get a 2016 oled RIGHT NOW they never will. I was trying to let every true lover of 3d know the bells were striking for us.

Hello Tom:

regarding screen burn that issue appears to be a red herring. Yes if you leave a tv with an oled screen on continuously with a logo on the screen you will probably get screen burn. You can't have a tv with such power and not expect problems if you misuse that power.(Brazen, how many blown engines have you seen blown due to driver error?) Oleds are not meant to be your babysitter; they are for serious viewing. Naysayers of Oled have been searching in vain to find something wrong with them. I say good luck to them. There is NO crosstalk, and the 3d is second to none. Period.

We just both love our systems. If we could just combine them!

As to you Brazen I feel pretty confident I can take any boat you bring to a race track with my lamborghini. Ha.Ha. I was not putting down hemis. I have one in my challenger and it is a wonderful motor. I do not buy things because they are expensive; I buy them because they are the best at what they do and are not thrown together so that they may hand grenade on me.

I was only stating that projection tvs are from the 60s, as are hemis and lamborghinis and oleds are current cars and tvs, respectively. A 1960's hemi car cannot keep up with a lamborghini on a race track, just a projector tv throwing up light on a screen cannot compete with the picture of an oled, I don't care what you strap on them. I am sure I can take a v12 and get thousands of horsepower out of it too. To me, racing is more than just trying to hold a motor in a straight line. It involves finesse and becoming one with the car.

I love the size of the projector tvs screens, and the feel of the hemi, and going fast in a straight line. But i personally love more a fine tuned automobile that can compete over hours on a racing circuit and a tv that it has the best PQ. It doesn't mean I'm right and you're wrong. They are just two different cars and two different tvs. And they all are fun as hell.

I would however love to go for a ride; it sounds incredible. I have only been on cigarette boats. And you're welcome to ride with me when I go racing. And I will supply you with your fire suit and helmut. Ha.Ha.

Happy Holidays to All!! Bill Batchelor
post #9 of 53 Old 11-22-2017, 06:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1003 Post(s)
Liked: 1052
If you're looking for some of the best 3D available then the 2016 LG OLEDs are probably state-of-the-art. Just make sure LG installed the polarization filter properly.

I have several 3D projectors (JVCs, Epsons, Mits and a Sharp) and two OLED 3D T.V.s and the OLEDs provide a superb 3D image -- very bright and little to no cross-talk. I just move my chair to within seven or eight feet and turn off the lights.
post #10 of 53 Old 11-23-2017, 03:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
If you're looking for some of the best 3D available then the 2016 LG OLEDs are probably state-of-the-art. Just make sure LG installed the polarization filter properly.

I have several 3D projectors (JVCs, Epsons, Mits and a Sharp) and two OLED 3D T.V.s and the OLEDs provide a superb 3D image -- very bright and little to no cross-talk. I just move my chair to within seven or eight feet and turn off the lights.
Yes, I used the Spears and Munsil test dvd to check my three oleds, the 65c6p, 65g6p and the 77g6p. I could really tell after viewing a movie that the filter was placed correctly, but the test 3d patterns confirmed. That must have been a problem of the early oleds from lg. I have not heard or seen of any late model c6p's or g6p's having any filter issues. And I never see ANY crosstalk. Pirates of the Caribbean was watched last night, Salazar's Revenge, and it is a 3d masterpiece! I love the movie but was looking for any issues with the 3d. I saw NONE. From the shark fight scenes to Salazar and his crew it is truly a magical movie on the 77. I forgot in about 5 minutes that I even have glasses on, the picture is so bright vs. other 3d displays. I frankly don't know of what more you could ask of these tvs.
post #11 of 53 Old 11-27-2017, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 87
just bought through amazon a walts g6, i hope its as good as ive read about. i am really looking forward to the system im putting together with the lg display. ive had my lg lm7200 for around 3 years and its a great tv but the 4k bug has me and with around 100 3d blurays i cant go straight 4k.

Lg G6
Oppo 203, Ps4Pro
Emotiva, XMC-1 V3, Xpa-2, Xpa-5
PSA V1801
Airmotiv T2(front), C2(Center), T1(surrounds), E1(surround backs)
post #12 of 53 Old 11-29-2017, 08:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Must be nice, but if I had $9000 it would go on my mortgage or my daughter's education it certainly wouldn't go towards a TV. I sure hope your polarization filter is installed correctly.
post #13 of 53 Old 11-29-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obveron View Post
Must be nice, but if I had $9000 it would go on my mortgage or my daughter's education it certainly wouldn't go towards a TV. I sure hope your polarization filter is installed correctly.
??? you didnt quote so im not sure who you were replying to, i spent a little over 4 for my tv, its a 65". i spend a lot of time gaming and watching movies with my daughter so its well worth the investment for me.
post #14 of 53 Old 11-30-2017, 07:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Ahh I was responding to OP, but after reflection on what I said I realize I come across as a total douche. I didnt mean to critize those who can afford it. I apologize.

$9000 for a 77" top end oled is actually a good price when you consider where it was a year ago. Considering it's the last best 3d tv out there for likely a very long time, I really do envy the op.
post #15 of 53 Old 12-01-2017, 06:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obveron View Post
Ahh I was responding to OP, but after reflection on what I said I realize I come across as a total douche. I didnt mean to critize those who can afford it. I apologize.

$9000 for a 77" top end oled is actually a good price when you consider where it was a year ago. Considering it's the last best 3d tv out there for likely a very long time, I really do envy the op.
Everybody situation.is different. My family consists of my wife and two dogs. We thoroughly enjoy watching movies and while not as much as I would like to 3D movies. But when it comes to a blockbuster 3D will trump 4K HDR if it is a must see. Mortgage is less than a year and job status is in-betweener. Happy Holidays. Thanks you for the apology but like many comments taken with a grain of salt online.
post #16 of 53 Old 12-05-2017, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Oh and the 400 more you paid may have given you piece of mind but i purchased from Walts direct. Fulfillment from Walts is right out of their amazon inventory with white glove. Same people, The only difference is you don't get prime benefit whatever that afforded you with a 3rd party. That was straight from the horse's mouth. As long as you are happy. Basically you have a receipt from Amazon and I have one from Walts. However you can pay with amazon pay through waltz website as well and get the same benefit. They usually juat give you a coupon to check out at between 8400 and 8600.
im curious of how you delivery, setup and the product itself was. im expecting something nice tomorrow

Lg G6
Oppo 203, Ps4Pro
PSA V1801
post #17 of 53 Old 12-05-2017, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by krauley View Post
im curious of how you delivery, setup and the product itself was. im expecting something nice tomorrow
If its from Pilot you will love the delivery. Just study the youtube and manuals online to make sure they don't screw up the base. If you got it from Amazon make sure you consider their 4 year warranty. I thought it might come in handy on the g series lgs(I got new 65g6p, and 77g6p as well).

I gave the guys $50.00 to let me try out the 3d picture and had my oppo ready to go. Perfect in both instances. Got a refurbished 65 c6 for $2,000.00 from Amazon. Couldn't resist. Had a total of 8 hours on it when got it, and 3d is perfect. It sits 5 ft in front of a love couch just so I can watch 3d in the round so to speak. And keep the boxes. Just be ready to be blinded. These tvs are briggggght!!! and the 3d will give you an orgasmic function! Ha.Ha. You're gonna be spoiled and everyone will now officially hate you. Ha.Ha.
nc88keyz likes this.
post #18 of 53 Old 12-05-2017, 08:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
If its from Pilot you will love the delivery. Just study the youtube and manuals online to make sure they don't screw up the base. If you got it from Amazon make sure you consider their 4 year warranty. I thought it might come in handy on the g series lgs(I got new 65g6p, and 77g6p as well).

I gave the guys $50.00 to let me try out the 3d picture and had my oppo ready to go. Perfect in both instances. Got a refurbished 65 c6 for $2,000.00 from Amazon. Couldn't resist. Had a total of 8 hours on it when got it, and 3d is perfect. It sits 5 ft in front of a love couch just so I can watch 3d in the round so to speak. And keep the boxes. Just be ready to be blinded. These tvs are briggggght!!! and the 3d will give you an orgasmic function! Ha.Ha. You're gonna be spoiled and everyone will now officially hate you. Ha.Ha.
I tipped $30 myself, similar story,

Had delivery watch the youtube video, take their time, and allow me time to run some test videos for uniformity, major definable defects.

White glove is the only way to go with these in my opinion. Like Wildbill, no issues with PILOT in NC

Its funny Wildbill and I own the exact same three tvs.

55C6P
65G6P
77G6P

and yes they will all hate you and ask you to STOP talking about the 3D on that thing

Happy Holidays, Enjoy your 77G6P
post #19 of 53 Old 12-05-2017, 08:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Krauley, You have a msg in your inbox.
post #20 of 53 Old 12-06-2017, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Krauley, You have a msg in your inbox.
thanks

Lg G6
Oppo 203, Ps4Pro
PSA V1801
post #21 of 53 Old 12-06-2017, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Yes, I used the Spears and Munsil test dvd to check my three oleds, the 65c6p, 65g6p and the 77g6p. I could really tell after viewing a movie that the filter was placed correctly, but the test 3d patterns confirmed. That must have been a problem of the early oleds from lg. I have not heard or seen of any late model c6p's or g6p's having any filter issues. And I never see ANY crosstalk. Pirates of the Caribbean was watched last night, Salazar's Revenge, and it is a 3d masterpiece! I love the movie but was looking for any issues with the 3d. I saw NONE. From the shark fight scenes to Salazar and his crew it is truly a magical movie on the 77. I forgot in about 5 minutes that I even have glasses on, the picture is so bright vs. other 3d displays. I frankly don't know of what more you could ask of these tvs.

Can you tell me just how someone can " make sure LG installed the polarization filter properly."??...How exactly should the film filter look when a 2 color OU or SBS 3D slide look through each eye of the glasses...Does anyone else see a Sine-Wave pattern of bleed through or is that what the engineers intended?
post #22 of 53 Old 12-07-2017, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyElouPeS View Post
Can you tell me just how someone can " make sure LG installed the polarization filter properly."??...How exactly should the film filter look when a 2 color OU or SBS 3D slide look through each eye of the glasses...Does anyone else see a Sine-Wave pattern of bleed through or is that what the engineers intended?
It appears the fact that the colors remain pure on all lines of color indicate the filter is applied correctly. They seem perfect to me at all shades, from lighter and fainter to darker and deeper in the same manner for both eyes. All tests appear to at least on my screens show perfect alignment. I see no Sine-Wave patterns of bleed through. Can you show a picture please?

The other test if is if you don't **** in your pants the first time you see a quality 3d picture through a lg oled if ain't fitted properly. Ha.Ha. Just throw Pan or Salazar's Revenge on and check the corners. It is a damn miracle from God. Thanks to correct polarization. I beg of you please don't go vertical band vignetting like some of the oled owners out their now. They would be in the middle of the parting of the red sea and asking how long it will last, and could it be done better. Ha.Ha.

Forgive me if I am not talking of the test you are on the spears dvd.
post #23 of 53 Old 12-10-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
It appears the fact that the colors remain pure on all lines of color indicate the filter is applied correctly. They seem perfect to me at all shades, from lighter and fainter to darker and deeper in the same manner for both eyes. All tests appear to at least on my screens show perfect alignment. I see no Sine-Wave patterns of bleed through. Can you show a picture please?

The other test if is if you don't **** in your pants the first time you see a quality 3d picture through a lg oled if ain't fitted properly. Ha.Ha. Just throw Pan or Salazar's Revenge on and check the corners. It is a damn miracle from God. Thanks to correct polarization. I beg of you please don't go vertical band vignetting like some of the oled owners out their now. They would be in the middle of the parting of the red sea and asking how long it will last, and could it be done better. Ha.Ha.

Forgive me if I am not talking of the test you are on the spears dvd.

No Bill,

The test I'm doing is much simpler than that. I have collected several "Half-OU" MP4 files created with 2 colors only. I also have the Rabbit test and a bunch of others....BUT This one makes it very easy to see....I've used the Black/White because it's the most dramatic, But other colors show the same pattern.

Sorry I can't find the link of where I downloaded them from in this forum But can send them via E-Mail or to a server if one is provided (tinypic.com upload is failing today)....

I ran the test video and took these photos with the camera lens behind the left eye of 3D glasses. this slide should only show Black, Because the White would be intended for the Right eye, This represents where crosstalk would show during normal movie play, If a 3D "pop-out" was being displayed in that particular area of the screen, Regardless of it's source. Trust me I've confirmed it to myself with blu-rays and dozens of video content so I can only be attributed to hardware....BTW...I've never had this 3D issue with my other backlit model that used three separate layers to achieve it's polarization. maybe it's possible the thickness of film was decreased during OLED production and that is why a small number of complaints?

Dare to test & post yourself.. It would be nice to have a "base-line" side by side comparison examples to my own I can pass to the manufacture engineering department and say "HEY, WTF?"

This panel was replaced twice already with 2 different part numbers, ( #EAJ63728601 OLED,Module-AM and then it's original #EAJ63852801 OLED,Module-AM)

Picture 1- Couch level, Is unfortunately slightly lower than direct center of screen. (The white is crosstalk during any 3D movie)
Picture 2- would be direct center and visually better, However I do not have the ability to wall mount the unit and tilt the screen downward.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0119.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	2328642   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0120.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	202.9 KB
ID:	2328644  

Last edited by EyElouPeS; 12-10-2017 at 12:22 PM.
post #24 of 53 Old 12-11-2017, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Be Glad to Help

Quote:
No Bill,

The test I'm doing is much simpler than that. I have collected several "Half-OU" MP4 files created with 2 colors only. I also have the Rabbit test and a bunch of others....BUT This one makes it very easy to see....I've used the Black/White because it's the most dramatic, But other colors show the same pattern.

Sorry I can't find the link of where I downloaded them from in this forum But can send them via E-Mail or to a server if one is provided (tinypic.com upload is failing today)....

I ran the test video and took these photos with the camera lens behind the left eye of 3D glasses. this slide should only show Black, Because the White would be intended for the Right eye, This represents where crosstalk would show during normal movie play, If a 3D "pop-out" was being displayed in that particular area of the screen, Regardless of it's source. Trust me I've confirmed it to myself with blu-rays and dozens of video content so I can only be attributed to hardware....BTW...I've never had this 3D issue with my other backlit model that used three separate layers to achieve it's polarization. maybe it's possible the thickness of film was decreased during OLED production and that is why a small number of complaints?

Dare to test & post yourself.. It would be nice to have a "base-line" side by side comparison examples to my own I can pass to the manufacture engineering department and say "HEY, WTF?"

This panel was replaced twice already with 2 different part numbers, ( #EAJ63728601 OLED,Module-AM and then it's original #EAJ63852801 OLED,Module-AM)

Picture 1- Couch level, Is unfortunately slightly lower than direct center of screen. (The white is crosstalk during any 3D movie)
Picture 2- would be direct center and visually better, However I do not have the ability to wall mount the unit and tilt the screen downward.
Ok EIEiO:

It is easiest for me to provide confirmation of your concerns if you can replicate any of these problems on the test dvd of spears and munsil. Is this a possibiilty? If not I have seen the two colors/top/bottom pictures you are talking about. They are in the first posting on this forum in this same section. I am not sure how to duplicate your pictures but I will try if you will help me. My email is [email protected]. I do not know how to take a file from my email however and put it on my tv screen, so you will have to assist me with this if you choose this route.

I can also certainly find a black screen in a 3d movie and look at it through passive glasses but I know this is not what you mean as I know for a fact there will be no white in the black pictures, while just looking through one lens. Just tell me what I can do to try to determine what you are looking for on my 3 lg oleds and I will do my best.

Is there any movie that you know shows crosstalk at a particular point and I also can go that way.
I just don't see any bleeding/incorrect coloring or any signs of a problem in any of the spears/munsil tests, and I have been looking hard for cross talk on these three units and never see any crosstalk. My favorite test movie is the fast zombie scenes in WWZ. Cross talk is bad on dlps, etc. in this movie, but NONE on any of these action scenes have crosstalk anywhere on the screen on the oleds. I can make crosstalk for example by watching the need for speed in the one or two of the viewing modes(vivid/gaming), but that is it, in the fastest action scenes. And truthfully this is really a motion problem not a crosstalk problem anyway. It seems like for most people monsters v. aliens is the worst at showing crosstalk. Can you identify any scene where you see crosstalk? I don't, but maybe I am missing them. Be glad to help. Bill
post #25 of 53 Old 12-12-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Ok EIEiO:

It is easiest for me to provide confirmation of your concerns if you can replicate any of these problems on the test dvd of spears and munsil. Is this a possibiilty? If not I have seen the two colors/top/bottom pictures you are talking about. They are in the first posting on this forum in this same section. I am not sure how to duplicate your pictures but I will try if you will help me. My email is [email protected]. I do not know how to take a file from my email however and put it on my tv screen, so you will have to assist me with this if you choose this route.

I can also certainly find a black screen in a 3d movie and look at it through passive glasses but I know this is not what you mean as I know for a fact there will be no white in the black pictures, while just looking through one lens. Just tell me what I can do to try to determine what you are looking for on my 3 lg oleds and I will do my best.

Is there any movie that you know shows crosstalk at a particular point and I also can go that way.
I just don't see any bleeding/incorrect coloring or any signs of a problem in any of the spears/munsil tests, and I have been looking hard for cross talk on these three units and never see any crosstalk. My favorite test movie is the fast zombie scenes in WWZ. Cross talk is bad on dlps, etc. in this movie, but NONE on any of these action scenes have crosstalk anywhere on the screen on the oleds. I can make crosstalk for example by watching the need for speed in the one or two of the viewing modes(vivid/gaming), but that is it, in the fastest action scenes. And truthfully this is really a motion problem not a crosstalk problem anyway. It seems like for most people monsters v. aliens is the worst at showing crosstalk. Can you identify any scene where you see crosstalk? I don't, but maybe I am missing them. Be glad to help. Bill

Sure Bill,

I will send you the .MP4 examples I have. I have them on a USB drive. If you read your mail from a PC just download them to a USB yourself. As for movies, Basically anything with defined edges like text, building edges or outer space/star fields. Since I now know exactly where on my screen to keep my eyes focused based from the points I've showed you in pics

BTW, What distance and viewing angle do you normally sit?

Last edited by EyElouPeS; 12-12-2017 at 09:30 AM.
post #26 of 53 Old 12-12-2017, 09:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Not that I was ever in the market for the 77" OLED but I was considering picking up a 65" OLED in the coming months (if one could be found still online maybe a refurbished unit or demo) but I think I can't risk it. I'll likely try to find a 2016 LED panel with 3D, yes that won't be easy either, I predicted they would all disappear before end of year and here we are, the end has come.

Need to get the burn in issue fixed first. I keep TV's for quite awhile and don't want to risk it. Burn in isn't something that will likely present itself right away, but develop over a period of time so I'm waiting for LG to get this issue fixed before I consider OLED.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/perm...rn-in-lcd-oled

post #27 of 53 Old 12-12-2017, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Sure Bill,

I will send you the .MP4 examples I have. I have them on a USB drive. If you read your mail from a PC just download them to a USB yourself. As for movies, Basically anything with defined edges like text, building edges or outer space/star fields. Since I now know exactly where on my screen to keep my eyes focused based from the points I've showed you in pics

BTW, What distance and viewing angle do you normally sit?
Ok. I will download the files you sent me on to a usb. I assume I have a usb input on the tvs and I just need to turn on the usb so the pictures will show up on the screen?
I will also do a thorough review of the areas you are seeing that should show me the double images. Any particular scene in a movie that really shows the problem? And you actually see a double image in those areas of your pictures you showed me? Does it do this even when you pause the picture?

As to viewing distance and angle of view: Straight on for each tv. I had a hard time finding such low tables. No angle above 5 to 10 degrees. Distances is less than 3 feet from a 65 c6p; yes less than 3 feet and the chair is perfectly eye level with tv. No crosstalk just total immersion. Then I would say 8-9 feet from the 77 g6p; the chairs we watch from are about 6 inches below the middle of the screen while we are reclining; I believe the oleds like you to sit at a certain height. And the glasses you use are really important, but would not matter as to the problems you are seeing( I like the tin tin and hobbit glasses; they have no distortion and are very bright). The 65 g6p is in the bedroom and we are perfectly in the middle of the screen while on the bed. I will try to help you pick apart this problem but any other clues or suggestions as to what to look at will be of a great help. Sincerely, Bill

ps Do you have the Spears/Munsil 3d test dvd?

Last edited by wildbill722; 12-12-2017 at 06:14 PM.
post #28 of 53 Old 12-16-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Ok. I will download the files you sent me on to a usb. I assume I have a usb input on the tvs and I just need to turn on the usb so the pictures will show up on the screen?
I will also do a thorough review of the areas you are seeing that should show me the double images. Any particular scene in a movie that really shows the problem? And you actually see a double image in those areas of your pictures you showed me? Does it do this even when you pause the picture?

As to viewing distance and angle of view: Straight on for each tv. I had a hard time finding such low tables. No angle above 5 to 10 degrees. Distances is less than 3 feet from a 65 c6p; yes less than 3 feet and the chair is perfectly eye level with tv. No crosstalk just total immersion. Then I would say 8-9 feet from the 77 g6p; the chairs we watch from are about 6 inches below the middle of the screen while we are reclining; I believe the oleds like you to sit at a certain height. And the glasses you use are really important, but would not matter as to the problems you are seeing( I like the tin tin and hobbit glasses; they have no distortion and are very bright). The 65 g6p is in the bedroom and we are perfectly in the middle of the screen while on the bed. I will try to help you pick apart this problem but any other clues or suggestions as to what to look at will be of a great help. Sincerely, Bill

ps Do you have the Spears/Munsil 3d test dvd?

No, I only have the older one and also a Disney wow disc. I'm sure my issue is not from poor calibration. As I mentioned before, The places I have crosstalk are always the same to where the 2 color slides I gave you show the pattern....I see someone posted way back a similar side-by-side, Black and White .JPG ... post #8 of the 3D Tech Talk thread.

I'm kind of beating a dead horse anyway after the 2 replacements. I have the ability to request a third,
But would not have any guarantee what the outcome would be until after it was shipped and installed. The manufacture never officially acknowledged the problem even exists. They also told me my parts were new, But when I watched the unboxing of the second panel, The static bag was already open and wrinkled and the aluminum backing looked kind of scuffed where one of the circuit boards went. Probably came from someone else's complaint. Somehow I don't believe they are going to trash a returned $2k screen for 50¢ of bad film that can't be removed and replaced. 2D performance has always been perfect, So why would they bother?

Okay that's my rant.....LOL

So Bill can you show me anything better? I'm wondering what your curved panel looks like.

((((Update edit... 12/22/17, I found the slide and posted it below, 2 colors for 2 eyes...Easy Peasy....btw.. the horse lives again and waiting for new Wings !!))))
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CrosstalkTestPattern.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	2334326  

Last edited by EyElouPeS; 12-22-2017 at 09:30 PM. Reason: add .JPG slide & progress notes
post #29 of 53 Old 12-25-2017, 09:47 AM

Merry Christmas, Everybody !!!

WildBill, Get stuck in a Chimney or something? where u been?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	flint.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	2335154  
post #30 of 53 Old 12-26-2017, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

I'm baaack. In my best Arnie voice.

Quote:
Merry Christmas, Everybody !!!

WildBill, Get stuck in a Chimney or something? where u been?
No EIEIO, haha. Christmas has sucked the life out of me, and I am just now recovering from mass hysteria! I have been doing some verifying on my tvs as to your problem and trying to duplicate it. My problem is the tvs have so few hours on them, one 20, one 14 and the other about 25. I only use them for 3d movies, and so I am trying to get past the calibration time to give you a good answer. I do believe I have to have a good 75 hours or so to do this, at least. I am hoping to have these tvs last me the next 25 years, as I am afraid 3d ain't coming back.

I had planned on clocking in those hours over Christmas, but as I said above, my life is not my own. I have all next week to clock in the hours and will be back with better answers. I am sorry to leave you hanging. So far though I have found nothing similar to your problem or banding issues, and of course no bi. At darker levels on 3d and not on 3d the picture is grey with no abnormalities that I can see on any of the screens. I just saw your 2 eyes screen and am going to look at it now.

You have tried 3 screens altogether and all have had this problem in 3d mode?

Bear with me. Bill
ps Hope you had a nice Christmas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page