microLED Samsung - once touted 3D. What now? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-11-2019, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 98
microLED Samsung - once touted 3D. What now?

I am pretty sure when I first read about microLED tech years ago the marketing material touted 3D as a use case for larger venues and even had some unique 3D technology related to the microLED displays. Samsung is showing this at CES and there is talk of a 75" consumer display (very expensive). I assume 3D support has changed and there would probably be crickets heard if someone asked about it at CES. I am curious if anyone has any info on 3D and microLED - any hope it will still support 3D?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-01-2019, 08:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingersdlp View Post
I am pretty sure when I first read about microLED tech years ago the marketing material touted 3D as a use case for larger venues and even had some unique 3D technology related to the microLED displays. Samsung is showing this at CES and there is talk of a 75" consumer display (very expensive). I assume 3D support has changed and there would probably be crickets heard if someone asked about it at CES. I am curious if anyone has any info on 3D and microLED - any hope it will still support 3D?

Thanks
I was also wanting to know the answer to this question? At CES 2018 they showed a 146" microLED display that included 3d (not sure if it was active or passive 3d). They even installed a few of these large microLED 3d displays in commercial theaters and I believe a few (expensive) custom home theaters.

However at CES 2019 I did not read anything about 3d, and it is unclear if 3d is or is not included?? Anybody?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page