Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 20
3d ghosting issue

sony vpl-hw40es
Playstaion glasses
Demon 4311-ci
Tron legacy 3d
Amazon 40ft HDMI cable

On bright scenes the unsynced 3d image faintly shows creating a double image. The glasses are synced. Any idea on what could be causing the issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-19-2019, 04:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmidgitd View Post
On bright scenes the unsynced 3d image faintly shows creating a double image. The glasses are synced. Any idea on what could be causing the issue?
So with bright scenes even though the glasses are synced there is noticeable crosstalk, i.e. your left eye is able to see a faint impression of the Right view, and your right eye is able to see a faint impression of the Left view.

A little bit of visible crosstalk is not unusual. I note that sometimes it can help just to reduce the brightness setting of the projector. The technology your model projector uses is SXRD. Although the Silicon Crystal Reflective Display subpanels have a relatively fast grey to grey transition time, there will still be some remnant of the left image present by the time the right image starts to be displayed. Reviews of this projector have referred to the crosstalk level being reasonably low (e.g. see https://www.trustedreviews.com/revie...lusions-page-3 ).

If you want to quantify the visible crosstalk, this thread may be of interest to you: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/191-3...d-tv-test.html. You could even take a photograph, through one lens of your active glasses, of the projector screen displaying the test image.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-20-2019, 05:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Ah I see. Thank you for your reply. I will try reducing the brightness first and see if that will help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-20-2019, 05:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 219
I have a problem with ghosting on my C6. I found that I must be seated dead center left and right and up and down to minimize the ghost issue. It never completely disappears.

LG OLED55C6P
Sony STRDH770, Sony UBP-X800, Sony PS3 160
2 - Polk TSi300, 1 - Polk CS10, 4 - Polk T15, 1 - Polk PSW125
post #5 of 6 Old 01-20-2019, 09:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seilerbird View Post
I have a problem with ghosting on my C6. I found that I must be seated dead center left and right and up and down to minimize the ghost issue. It never completely disappears.
Your LG OLED55C6P set uses a film-type patterned retarder (FPR) and passive glasses. With that technology it is normal for the vertical viewing angle to make a noticeable difference to the level of the 3D crosstalk. The crosstalk will be least over a fairly narrow range of the vertical viewing angle. So it certainly pays to experiment with the vertical viewing angle, as you have done already. The horizontal viewing angle for an FPR screen is generally not all that critical as regards crosstalk performance.

It can sometimes reduce the overall visible crosstalk of an FPR screen to sit further away from it. In that way the top and the bottom of the picture as well as the middle of it, may all show only minimal crosstalk.

Not all FPR screens are created equal. It can be a matter of the luck of the draw how well aligned the film-type patterned retarder is that has been affixed to your particular set. In my own case I have had two passive 3D Sony sets, one with reasonably good crosstalk performance, and one with lousy crosstalk performance.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-20-2019, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLXXX View Post
Your LG OLED55C6P set uses a film-type patterned retarder (FPR) and passive glasses. With that technology it is normal for the vertical viewing angle to make a noticeable difference to the level of the 3D crosstalk. The crosstalk will be least over a fairly narrow range of the vertical viewing angle. So it certainly pays to experiment with the vertical viewing angle, as you have done already. The horizontal viewing angle for an FPR screen is generally not all that critical as regards crosstalk performance.

It can sometimes reduce the overall visible crosstalk of an FPR screen to sit further away from it. In that way the top and the bottom of the picture as well as the middle of it, may all show only minimal crosstalk.

Not all FPR screens are created equal. It can be a matter of the luck of the draw how well aligned the film-type patterned retarder is that has been affixed to your particular set. In my own case I have had two passive 3D Sony sets, one with reasonably good crosstalk performance, and one with lousy crosstalk performance.
Yep, I sit about five feet from the screen. The crosstalk is not all that big a problem. I only see it if I am specifically looking for it.

LG OLED55C6P
Sony STRDH770, Sony UBP-X800, Sony PS3 160
2 - Polk TSi300, 1 - Polk CS10, 4 - Polk T15, 1 - Polk PSW125
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page