1080p 3d vs 4k 3d projectors - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #31 of 32 Old 08-01-2019, 02:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DBob View Post
The Epson does offer built in image enhancement and with the higher contrast, it might look better in 3D. I never liked the Epsons because they are notorious for crosstalk with high brightness. I haven't seen the 2150, though. Using a 100" screen, yes, the uhd51a should be sufficiently bright enough.
Yeah I did a shoot-out with the epson 2045, benq 1070 and 3050 a few years back and hated the crosstalk. I always had dlp for 3d projectors. I have a 3050 now and it seems the uhd51a should be a bit brighter in 3d mode at least. I assume that all things are equal 3d-wise between the 51 and the 51a besides brightness. I doubt they added some magic 3d-sauce between releasing the two models...

BenQ HT3050 (Previously BenQ W1070, Epson 8350, Mits HD1000u)
Elite 100" Spectrum Electric 16:9 Screen
Pioneer VSX-1131
SVS SBS-01/PB12-NSD 5.1.2 system
HTPC/Pimax5k+/XboxOneX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 08-20-2019, 04:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 969 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Looks like another recent Full HD only but 3D supporting entry level projector from Optoma, the HD243X:

https://www.projectorreviews.com/opt...-capabilities/

It will never cease to amaze me, that the 3D Sync VESA ports for 3D-RF glasses applications survive in Optoma's low cost front projector models, but are otherwise absent from all their 4K XRD front projectors (DLP Link only).

Not sure if Scott Wilkinson is correct that the HD243X requires a 3D RF-System (no DLP Link?) but the real strange part is this:

Optoma:
Full 3D

Display true 3D content from almost any 3D source, including 3D Blu-ray Disc™ players, 3D broadcasting, and the latest-generation game consoles. Support for 144Hz rapid-refresh rate provides ultra-smooth flicker-free images. Optoma 3D glasses required.

Scott: Optoma no longer offers these accessories, but you can easily find them online from companies like Xpand.

"It is only about things that do not interest one that one can give a really unbiased opinion, which is no doubt the reason why an unbiased opinion is always absolutely valueless." Oscar Wilde
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page