Infocus 116x 3D 120hz, 144hz glasses sync - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-10-2019, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Infocus 116x 3D 120hz, 144hz glasses sync

Hello I just got an Infocus 116x and very satisfied. I was pushing to hard for native 1080 (i'm sure they are great, no doubt, but for my purposes and use i'm glad I trusted my instincts).
Ok I have Xpand x102 (blue 144hz) and Sainsonic (white 120hz). There is not a groundbreaking discernible difference in quality. The Xpand has punchier, or "warmer" rather colors then the Sainsonics.

Ok to the point of this post:
-The Infocus is suppose to do 120hz 3D as far as I can see.
-I am using my PC to display SBS (and have 1 3D MVC .MKV bluray rip) movies
-I can put the display into 120hz at 720p, no issue there
-I put the infocus in 3D mode: SBS
a. The Sainsonics no flicker
b. The Xpand flicker
c. no 3d effect obviously, because the 3d SBS mode is not activated because the screen is not double visioned without glasses (looks like frame sequential 3d mode)
-I put the display into 60hz 720p and 1080p
a. The Sasinsonic no flicker
b. The Xpand no flicker
c. I've watched 2 full (almost 2 hour long) 3d SBS movies. Jumanji was highly enjoyable. No migraine headache. The fast motion scenes did give me a nausea like feeling for a small time

So the whole 144hz glasses thing is about flicker free, and to improve on fast motion scenes in 3d if I read correctly.

What is my projector doing?? am I getting 30hz per eye 3d in sbs mode. Or is it up converting to 60 per eye=120hz.
I'm guessing my XPAND glasses are syncing at 120hz and not 144hz (or does 144hz have to come from bluray player at 24fps 1080).

From what I read I definitely need to be in 120hz and 720p is my max. All good. But why am I flickering and the 3d mode does not kick in anymore when set at 120hz. When I set it back to 60hz, the SBS 3d mode kicks back in on the projector.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-26-2019, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Delete this thread admin.
Creating a new thread.....this "issue" seems to be down to ignorance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page