SainSonic & Xpand 102 144hz glasses ? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-26-2019, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
SainSonic & Xpand 102 144hz glasses ?

Ok I have 2 sets of 3d glasses.
So I got the white SainSonic SSZ-200DLW (purportedly 120hz only, box says it, manual says it. Only the SainSonic SSZ-200DLB, black, advertise 144hz) when I first got my 3d projector.
Then I read about the whole 144hz to run 1080/24p video and runs 120hz for the other formats.
I somehow (or item description was mislabeled) thought the Xpand X102 were 144hz.

Ok so I have a mix of 3d content. SBS and full rip bluray .ISO.

Here's where we get interesting. Started the bluray, projector auto mode senses the FP signal. Good there

I obviously tried the X102's first, thinking they are 144hz. They only "sync" for sporadic moments and overall has video issues like color/blotching etc.
So I said...what the heck, would be crazy not to just "try" these SainSonics. I press the sync button, the glasses get darker, everything seems to be in sync and working. No crazy flicker, I watched the whole movie (avenger age of ultron)

I go to my projector source info and sure enough 1080 at 24hz, meaning the projector is running at 144hz sync.

^^^ Am I wrong? Are the x102s reacting as they should and having sync issues? Are the SainSonics 120hz actually 120/144hz since, unless im told different, they definitely are syncing with the projector playing full 1080 24hz video.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page