3DTV Corp, anyone used their RF emitters? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 14 Old 06-16-2019, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Question 3DTV Corp, anyone used their RF emitters?

late to the game myself i just got an Optoma 25E and the BC300 prices are outrageous.

various places are selling 3DTV Corp RF emitter+glasses which claims to be comparable to BC100 & glasses.

has anyone used it with their Optoma products?

to the edge of eternity and depth of infinity, stupidity knows no bound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 06-17-2019, 04:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked: 393
In a recent discussion at the German HiFi-Forum one poster felt compelled to highlight that the Black Cauldron (BC) 3D-RF glasses and emitters, adopted by Optoma, are usually not compatible with subsequent 3D-RF glasses (or emitters).

In my particular example I bought the 3DTV Corp. kids glasses (with the 'ears') in 2015 for my daughter and almost got stir crazy because I was never able to pair it with my BC100 emitter (i.e. no 3D).

Last year I got myself another 3D-RF emitter and glasses (don't know the company, it's an OEM product that's labelled "Hi-Shock" in Germany) - https://www.amazon.de/HiShock-Full-P...gateway&sr=8-8 - and almost miraculously was finally able to use the 3DTV Corp. kids glasses via the "3D Sync" port of my Optoma HD 83(00).

Based on that experience I can state that 3DTV Corp. 3D-RF glasses are most likely not compatible with the BC100 emitter, unfortunately.

However, the 3DTV Corp. kids glasses darken the perceived 3D image, I found the brightness of my Optoma BC glasses and the aforementioned OEM product to be brighter and on a comparable level.

"It is only about things that do not interest one that one can give a really unbiased opinion, which is no doubt the reason why an unbiased opinion is always absolutely valueless." Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Frank714; 06-17-2019 at 04:18 AM.
post #3 of 14 Old 06-17-2019, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

gotchya... THANK YOU for responding!

i will get the BC100 then. these products are getting more and more scarce! and the BC300 prices are outrageous. BC300 does 144Hz while my 25 only does 120Hz max.... so i only need the BC100.

thanks everyone!

Last edited by JediFonger; 06-17-2019 at 01:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 06-18-2019, 01:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFonger View Post
i will get the BC100 then.

...but you do have the compatible Optoma / Bit Cauldron 3D-RF glasses to use it for?

"It is only about things that do not interest one that one can give a really unbiased opinion, which is no doubt the reason why an unbiased opinion is always absolutely valueless." Oscar Wilde
post #5 of 14 Old 06-18-2019, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

i just tried to buy BC100 and nextwarehouse and they dont have it in stock... in fact, NO ONE does.

*sigh*... i guess i just have to wait until BC100 comes on sale anywhere... otherwise... i can't do 3D =P sux.

thanks!

post #6 of 14 Old 06-18-2019, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

how is your experience with hi-shock emitter? i've seen them around on sale as well.

btw what happened to your old emitter that you needed to replace it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank714 View Post
In a recent discussion at the German HiFi-Forum one poster felt compelled to highlight that the Black Cauldron (BC) 3D-RF glasses and emitters, adopted by Optoma, are usually not compatible with subsequent 3D-RF glasses (or emitters).

In my particular example I bought the 3DTV Corp. kids glasses (with the 'ears') in 2015 for my daughter and almost got stir crazy because I was never able to pair it with my BC100 emitter (i.e. no 3D).

Last year I got myself another 3D-RF emitter and glasses (don't know the company, it's an OEM product that's labelled "Hi-Shock" in Germany) - https://www.amazon.de/HiShock-Full-P...gateway&sr=8-8 - and almost miraculously was finally able to use the 3DTV Corp. kids glasses via the "3D Sync" port of my Optoma HD 83(00).

Based on that experience I can state that 3DTV Corp. 3D-RF glasses are most likely not compatible with the BC100 emitter, unfortunately.

However, the 3DTV Corp. kids glasses darken the perceived 3D image, I found the brightness of my Optoma BC glasses and the aforementioned OEM product to be brighter and on a comparable level.

post #7 of 14 Old 06-19-2019, 03:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
how is your experience with hi-shock emitter? i've seen them around on sale as well.

btw what happened to your old emitter that you needed to replace it?

I still have the Optoma Bit Cauldron emitter BC-100 and three Optoma Bit Cauldron "3D-RF" 'Ray-Ban' glasses (purchased in 2011 they still work perfectly fine), BUT those glasses were too heavy and cumbersome for my kids to watch 3D, so I investigated alternatives and ended up with the Hi-Shock glasses and this particular emitter (undoubtedly an OEM product as you can find exactly the same looking glasses under different brand names).

I connected a Y-splitter with Vesa 3D ports to my Optoma HD83(00) so that I can use either RF system alternately. The only disadvantage is that the Optoma 3D setup is default only for the Optoma / Bit Cauldron solution, i.e. I have to change synchronization / polarization in the Optoma setup 3D menu to get correct depths with the Hi-Shock system.

Here is some more discussion, perhaps you may find it helpful: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/191-3...d-glasses.html

post #8 of 14 Old 06-19-2019, 05:32 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

i've got kids too, so i think i'm going to probably end up with in the same boat as you.

also i can't even find any BC100 to purchase anywhere and my HD25 only does 120Hz max, so getting BC300 would be a waste o $ (as it does 144).

do you have the correct settings in Optoma 3D setup to work w/the Hi-Shock?

thanks!

Quote:
I still have the Optoma Bit Cauldron emitter BC-100 and three Optoma Bit Cauldron "3D-RF" 'Ray-Ban' glasses (purchased in 2011 they still work perfectly fine), BUT those glasses were too heavy and cumbersome for my kids to watch 3D, so I investigated alternatives and ended up with the Hi-Shock glasses and this particular emitter (undoubtedly an OEM product as you can find exactly the same looking glasses under different brand names).

I connected a Y-splitter with Vesa 3D ports to my Optoma HD83(00) so that I can use either RF system alternately. The only disadvantage is that the Optoma 3D setup is default only for the Optoma / Bit Cauldron solution, i.e. I have to change synchronization / polarization in the Optoma setup 3D menu to get correct depths with the Hi-Shock system.

Here is some more discussion, perhaps you may find it helpful: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/191-3...d-glasses.html

post #9 of 14 Old 06-20-2019, 05:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
also i can't even find any BC100 to purchase anywhere and my HD25 only does 120Hz max, so getting BC300 would be a waste o $ (as it does 144).

Again, IMHO the BC100 only makes sense provided you get compatible 3D-RF glasses. Like I said, my 3DTV Corp. kids glasses couldn't be paired / matched with the BC100.

At the occasion: http://www.curtpalme.com/docs/bc5100_users_guide.pdf

Quote:
do you have the correct settings in Optoma 3D setup to work w/the Hi-Shock?

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/42...page=35#Manual

When I shut my HD83 the "3D Sync invert" will return to default position "off". When I use the Hi-Shock glasses I have to set "3D Sync invert" to "on".

On a side mote I find it somewhat "disturbing" that even at Amazon it looks to be impossible to purchase any 3D-RF emitters that do not originate from Optoma / Bit Cauldron or Nividia.

So best of luck trying to find something useful on eBay or elsewhere.

post #10 of 14 Old 06-20-2019, 05:48 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

hi shock emitters are still onsale over at ebay/amazon.de

outside of being compatible with kids-sized glasses (which i need anyways) do you think there are any PQ differences between hishock emitter vs. BC100?

if the PQ (other than your 3D synch inversion setting) is no difference (according to your link to other 3D system comparisons) then i think i will only get the hishock one. the reality is... i think the Epson 3D RF system is much better because the emitter is built in! and if you look around Epson's RF glasses are still readily available. so if my optoma ever dies or somehow i move on... i'll probably get the Epson 3D system next time =P

the only reason i got this 25E was because it was under $200!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so it was quite a steal i couldn't pass up after my older HD66 hit the DMD mirror manufacturing defect. i swore off on optoma... until a better price came along hahahah

thanks man! you've been super helpful with your experiences.

post #11 of 14 Old 06-20-2019, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
hi shock emitters are still onsale over at ebay/amazon.de

outside of being compatible with kids-sized glasses (which i need anyways) do you think there are any PQ differences between hishock emitter vs. BC100?

The emitter I got is the cylindrical one which you can see in the Amazon.de link I posted quite earlier, there is no difference in PQ to the BC100.

The pyramidal emitter I don't know. It's a smart thing that Epson includes the 3D-RF emitter inside the projector (same as Sony) but with DLP technology you'll always get better 3D images as there are no issues like ghosting and crosstalk.

MTFBWY!

post #12 of 14 Old 06-20-2019, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Cool

excellent i might just live w/hi-shock's emitter then. i'll ask hi-shock what the difference is.

look like the only diff is 120 vs. 144

my HD25 supposedly tops out at 120... so my guess is 144 is not necessary only if you have a Optoma projector capable of 144 i suppose.

thank you!

Quote:
The emitter I got is the cylindrical one which you can see in the Amazon.de link I posted quite earlier, there is no difference in PQ to the BC100.

The pyramidal emitter I don't know. It's a smart thing that Epson includes the 3D-RF emitter inside the projector (same as Sony) but with DLP technology you'll always get better 3D images as there are no issues like ghosting and crosstalk.

MTFBWY!

post #13 of 14 Old 06-20-2019, 10:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
look like the only diff is 120 vs. 144

my HD25 supposedly tops out at 120... so my guess is 144 is not necessary only if you have a Optoma projector capable of 144 i suppose.

AFAIK the difference is negligible, however 120 Hz vs. 96 Hz (other projection technologies) is another story as some people experience unwanted flicker with projectors only capable of 96 Hz.

post #14 of 14 Old 07-11-2019, 06:28 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

i had ebay notify me when bc100/bc300 came along and sure enough. i got 3 pairs of zf2300 and bc300 for $142 shipped. that's quite that deal compared to the $600+emitter+1 pair of glasses someone else is trying to sell on ebay hahaha.

got it charged up and sat through a ton of 3D content last night... AMAZING! HOLY COW! i wished i got into sooner. amazing tech! sad it's winding down.

thanks for all the assist.

Quote:
AFAIK the difference is negligible, however 120 Hz vs. 96 Hz (other projection technologies) is another story as some people experience unwanted flicker with projectors only capable of 96 Hz.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page