BenQ TH671ST vs HT2150ST 3D Mode Lumens? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-23-2019, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 98
BenQ TH671ST vs HT2150ST 3D Mode Lumens?

Bit of a long shot but anyone have an opinion on which would have more lumens in 3D mode? I found a review that said the lumens for the TH671ST in 3D mode is similar to its Cinema mode - and its Cinema mode is its worst performer at 959 lumens (Projector Central). If I make the assumption that the HT2150ST 3D Mode is similar to its Cinema mode that would be 1217 lumens.

Any chance anyone has any experience or thoughts on this?

If the Benq 3D modes are comparable to their cinema modes it should follow the 2150 would be brighter in a calibrated mode as it is color wheel is better for color brightness and RBE. That's what I am trying to confirm.

My dream that the TH671ST could use its higher rated lumens with a vivid or bright mode on 3D appears to not be the case as they lock you into a single mode for 3D and by reports it is not very bright.

EDIT: I was able to measure both projectors. The 671ST measured 23% brighter in 3D Mode over the 2150ST. There is no dispute the 2D image of the 2150 is superior with better contrast and color saturation. However since I want a 1080p projector for the sole purpose of 3D playback brightness is king. Thankfully I am not sensitive to RBE either.

Thanks

Last edited by fingersdlp; 06-26-2019 at 07:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page