post #91 of 100 Old 03-16-2015, 02:13 PM
Preditor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang S. View Post
In the long run, and according to the re-structuring of Sony, that seems to be a consideration. However, in reality we have seen that they have withdrawn the Sony TD10/20/30. Unfortunately.
Yes they have, but not just those models but also their professional models as well. All that's left in the professional line is the ability to link two cameras together to sync and record 3D video for post.

However, both Japan and U.S., surprisingly enough, Sony is still actively selling the DEV-50 (DEV-3/5 replacement, wider IA distance), and in Japan the DEV-30 in addition to the -50.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 100 Old 04-12-2015, 01:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I found out something yesterday.

In another thread I am testing a 4K player from Zappiti to play files converted from my Sony HDR-TD10.

I rendered 1080 50i and the player stuttered when playing these files. I contactet Zappiti and they told me that the file player ok at their end on a Samsung 3D TV. I started to switch to another TV at home and found out that the input that the TV was receiving is not 50i, but 1080 24p. That fully explains the stuttering.

Then I connected to another 3D TV, this time a passive one. The output to the TV was 720 50P. No stuttering this time.

The question is which TV supports the 1080 50i 3D framepacked?

By the way I thought when directly connecting the camera to the TV it plated at 50i, but that assumption was wrong. It plays 1080 x 540i.
That's even weirder.
post #93 of 100 Old 04-13-2015, 02:10 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by chang69 View Post
I found out something yesterday.

In another thread I am testing a 4K player from Zappiti to play files converted from my Sony HDR-TD10.

I rendered 1080 50i and the player stuttered when playing these files. I contactet Zappiti and they told me that the file player ok at their end on a Samsung 3D TV. I started to switch to another TV at home and found out that the input that the TV was receiving is not 50i, but 1080 24p. That fully explains the stuttering.

Then I connected to another 3D TV, this time a passive one. The output to the TV was 720 50P. No stuttering this time.

The question is which TV supports the 1080 50i 3D framepacked?

By the way I thought when directly connecting the camera to the TV it plated at 50i, but that assumption was wrong. It plays 1080 x 540i.
That's even weirder.

My Panasonic Plasma can handle this. See my attachment on Post #73 of this thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 100 Old 07-19-2015, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
3D footage into AVCHD 3D foler without rendering

I have some 3D MTS file shot by Z10000. I hope to pack them back into AVCHD structure without rending. How can I do it? and what software tools should I use?

I have been seking the way to do it for months and got no luck. Anyone can help me here? Thank you!!!
post #95 of 100 Old 07-20-2015, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I think this is not possible. For sure not without rendering.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang
videotreffpunkt.com
post #96 of 100 Old 07-22-2015, 10:09 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang S. View Post
I think this is not possible. For sure not without rendering.
Thank you Wolfgang for your answer although it is not good news

But I think this is not technically impossible am I right? I think Panasonic or a third party should be able to supply such software if they want to.

As my understanding, tsMuxeR should be a software that can packup 2D MTS files back into AVCHD folder. Just tsMuxeR doesn;t support 3D MTS to AVCHD 3D.

Let me pray Panasonic or someone else supply such software in the future. And if some folks find such software would you please let me know and I will buy it now matter how much it is to save my daughter's video back. I can't play the video without putting those raw MTS files back into the AVCHD structures. This is so stupid...

Again, Thank you Woldgang!
post #97 of 100 Old 07-30-2018, 09:34 PM

Liked: 1
Hi all!

As I was so fed up not being able to watch my Sony HDR-TD10E recordings just the way they are (i.e. without any conversion), I thought it must be possible to watch them on a player which supports AVCHD 3D. I bought the Panasonic DMP-UB314 as it is quite cheap and also features Ultra Blu-ray. Then I noticed that I cannot just select an AVCHD folder on the connected device. Rather, the player would only play the AVCHD folder in the root of the device. Now I didn't want to have one device per recording and swap devices all the time - I wanted to have all my recordings in one AVCHD folder. Fortunately, the DMP-UB314 supports selection of titles within the AVCHD folder. So all I needed was to put all my recordings into one AVCHD folder, each recording being one title. Sounds easy, but I noticed there was no software (at least I didn't find any) that would do the job. So I created a software for that purpose. You find the link below - hope it helps, enjoy.

Oh and please keep in mind that I spent less than 1 day on this, so the coding is quick and dirty, and there is no error handling. So if source file format differs from what is produced by the HDR-TD10E, the software may not work but do weird things. :-) But feel free to try it with other sources and players. You may also modify the code for yourself in any way you like.

Download link (sorry you have to change "xx" to "tt", otherwise the forum didn't let me post it): hxxps://mega.nz/#!eyI10SiD!Ekoa787-yv0mBUmWwLtyQRhKQE0Z9gIFvAt5V3fI_zE
MOberhardt likes this.
post #98 of 100 Old 08-05-2018, 01:36 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Sorry if this is in this thread or if there is a better place for this.... so can you guys help me, it regards the AVCHD files my cameras save.
I need to understand the difference between the various 3D modes.. I have a TD10, a TD30, and a Z10000.
So the T30 records 3d in 60i. So that means

per second
1 - even lines left 540x1920
2 - even lines right 540x1920
3 - odd lines left 540 x 1920
4- odd lines right 540x1920
.ect.
.ect.
.ect.
60 - times in a second making it the same pixel information as 30p with some difference in the time that things are written.

and 30p would be
1- left 1080x1920
2- right 1080x1920
30 - final right 1080x1920

I have this program V3MVCSplitter that take the AVCHD files from the cameras and makes file lists of left and right full frames or seperate compressed files for L and R so that you can edit it in Premier/After Effects and composite it and such.
So I may have it wrong which field is first or second, but is my understanding of what is going on correct?
Also, the Z10000 lets me record in 24p , and since one of my most likely final media formats will be blueray 3D, that would be my preferred recording mode, correct? And Im looking for one of the sony HXR-NX3D1U so I can have AVCHD at 24fps.... but my T30 , for the non fast moving things I record, I can just stretch out the frames and make it faster to put it in 24fps and it will probably work pretty well and no studder. Speeding up a surgical procedure or dissection by 1/5 is OK and all of my sound is post production voice over.. And is the BlueRay 3D format 24 fps or 23.976 fps?

So are my premises correct?

Last edited by Morgus1; 08-05-2018 at 03:08 PM.
post #99 of 100 Old 08-06-2018, 11:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1270 Post(s)
Liked: 508
I've never tried to split up the AVCHD files that way, always just used NLE that accepts the files as 3D, but I believe it should be left first, then right, it typically is. The NX3D1 is just the pro version of the TD10, otherwise it's the same camera and from what I've read it's the same quality recording, so not much improvement over TD models. Adds XLR and 24p. 24p is really 23.976 and so is Blu ray 3D. You could also output to 720p60 and see how that looks to you if you have fast motion it could smooth things up with less judder.

With 1080i60 3D, I always deinterlace to 30p but I'm just outputting to half resolution files. It is also possible to keep full resolution in 24p/30p using top/bottom full but it will only work on 4K LG's. Other full resolution option is MVC output but you will need something that will play the files like PDVD.

As to what frame rate of recording 3D...I think you have to take each project into consideration. What are you shooting, fast movement or scenery, and also what is your desired delivery? So if you want less judder, 60i may be better, but if Blu ray is desired output, then it becomes problem with 60i to 24p conversion (or you could use 720p60 and see if that looks better for you). There is the drop in resolution but you would keep the frame rate equal. Personally, I prefer 1080p24 since it's progressive scanned but I find for a lot of things 1080p30 looks good if I'm not going to Blu ray.

This line intentionally left blank.
post #100 of 100 Old 08-08-2018, 06:46 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Thank you for the explanation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Source Components

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page