Edius Pro 7 - Tricks and Tips - Page 29 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 40Likes

post #841 of 847 Old 06-27-2018, 12:02 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1482 Post(s)
Liked: 438
OK I found it and ran a test and now it is working. I went in and examined every check box and found I had one set that says resize output to match screen. I unchecked that and the TB Full rendered fine. I tested it in PD and all is good. That was my problem. Thanks for hanging in there with me on this.

Also, I tried the install of the Codec pack for windows and it still did not help with the AVC file. I will continue to work on that one. But I just use another preset that works and outputs MP4 instead. It only includes a reference stereo audio track I have to disable for access to the 5.1 ac3 file.

My 3D and 360VR videos and more
Don Landis HT System: Projector Sony VPL VW665ES Players: Samsung UBD K8500 OPPO BD93 Sony BDP S6200 All Regions Player Denon AVR S940, 7.1 JBL Professional series and Klipsch PS3, XBOX360, Dish VIP722K; 3D Edit Suite:Adobe Premiere, Edius7.53, Vegas Pro v13, Power Director16, i9-7980XE/GTX1080Ti, LG 3D TV DM2752

Last edited by Don Landis; 06-27-2018 at 02:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 847 Old 06-27-2018, 01:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1270 Post(s)
Liked: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post
OK I found it and ran a test and now it is working. I went in and examined every check box and found I had one set that says resize output to match screen. I unchecked that and the TB Full rendered fine. I tested it in PD and all is good. That was my problem. Thanks for hanging in there with me on this.

Also, I tried the install of the Codec pack for windows and it still did not help with the AVC file. I will continue to work on that one. But I just use another preset that works and outputs MP4 instead. It only includes a reference stereo audio track I have to disable for access to the 5.1 ac3 file.
Yeah, that might do it. I had a feeling it was something set different. The main render I use is main concept but I tried it with windows media too and that one worked. The Sony AVC won't work, not sure on others.

This line intentionally left blank.
post #843 of 847 Old 07-04-2018, 08:46 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Had a successful Drone shoot tonight of Fireworks, amazing how much money my neighbors blew up tonight. I shot 4K of the neighborhood and recorded the sound in 4 channels for surround with the Zoom H2n. Then as the city was putting on it's fireworks 15 minute display I flew twice as high and put the camera in 2.7K res mode so I could do a digital zoom as the fireworks are 6 miles from the house. Not sure how this will turn out but low res transmission back to my ipad looked OK.

I'll be editing this tomorrow in Edius and giving it another try to generate 5.1 surround sound.

Don Landis HT System: Projector Sony VPL VW665ES Players: Samsung UBD K8500 OPPO BD93 Sony BDP S6200 All Regions Player Denon AVR S940, 7.1 JBL Professional series and Klipsch PS3, XBOX360, Dish VIP722K; 3D Edit Suite:Adobe Premiere, Edius7.53, Vegas Pro v13, Power Director16, i9-7980XE/GTX1080Ti, LG 3D TV DM2752
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #844 of 847 Old 07-04-2018, 08:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Sounds like fun! Where we live- on a hill with fields of dry sage brush and cheat grass below us- fireworks are a MAJOR NO NO! We're really hoping that some of the college students who live on our street don't do stupid stuff like shoot rockets from their back decks over the field. They'll be confronted by a lot of pissed off neighbors and probably cops, if they do. I do miss living in an area where individual fireworks were OK. It used to be fun! These days, it's just scary, where I live.
post #845 of 847 Old 07-04-2018, 09:08 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Barry, they banned them one year here during a drought. You might recall all those fires we had here in FL. Not even the city did fireworks. But most of the time it rains heavy here every day. The big fear here is the city has scratched fireworks when lightning strikes are high probability as they could set off the whole barge load at once and kill the people running it. The city has helicopters in the area to keep a lookout for lightning and ward off other low flying craft in the vicinity. I fly at 95 ft just above the tree tops for seeing the downtown area. For local fireworks 60 ft works best. I hope that 2.7K setting isn't too disappointing. I know you like it but I never tried it before.

Update: Well the 2.7K footage is garbage. I think the focus was off more than just resolution problems. All the 4K video is fine and looks good. I'll know next time. The trouble is I have no reference point at night for the focus to zero in on. I had manual focus set for infinity which should have worked. The full wide was fair but when I zoomed in to get the downtown bigger it just looked awful. The drone camera has no optical zoom.

Last edited by Don Landis; 07-04-2018 at 09:25 PM.
post #846 of 847 Old 08-06-2019, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1087 Post(s)
Liked: 586
For all those interested in Edius, they are now offering an Edius Pro 9 home edition for a significant discount. I have Edius 9.4 and it works great. Is fast and has builtin render selections. Does have a bluray capability, but when I tried it, it took forever and the result didn't work, so I go to Powerdirector for all of my bluray creations. I create a dual-stream 3D file out of Edius as input into PD, and bluray out from there with 3D menus. I've been told the bluray spec out of PD isn't true bluray, but does work in bluray players.

post #847 of 847 Old 08-06-2019, 10:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Yep, PD works and looks great in bluray players. That's all that really matters, IMO.
I don't bother using Edius either for BD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Source Components

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page