3D stereoscopic camera in 2018 - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #31 of 35 Old 03-19-2019, 08:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1033 Post(s)
Liked: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet-X View Post
I’d have to dig some up - but no the magnification doesn’t get in the way as I used it generally wide open. However, even a video (casual) i shot at the Miramar Air Show with it, zoomed all the way in the 3D was still damn good, 10x better than the TD series which, the more you zoom, the flatter the image. I also did not use digital zoom.

But it wasn’t just the 3D with the wider distance between the lenses, but the quality of the CMOS chip and the processing the camera was doing. The quality looked like my 1” sensor cameras. The image, 3D or 2D (whether converted or shot that way) was damn good. Selling off my 3D cameras was hard, but letting that one go, I still have regrets.

And if you want to make it more interesting, I also was using a Sony HMZ-TW3 3D headset with it to frame shots, etc. a bit cumbersome, but easier to see if I’m getting all the parallax, etc. the built in screens on the TD cameras I found ineffective, especially outdoors.
Interesting, it would have been great for the Africa trip I did in 2016. I have a lot of gopro 3D of it, but without a zoom (though I can do some zoom in editing), it loses the effect of seeing the animals up close. I see now, they are hard to find. A couple showed up on Amazon for over $6k, yikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 03-19-2019, 09:32 AM
Preditor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DBob View Post
Interesting, it would have been great for the Africa trip I did in 2016. I have a lot of gopro 3D of it, but without a zoom (though I can do some zoom in editing), it loses the effect of seeing the animals up close. I see now, they are hard to find. A couple showed up on Amazon for over $6k, yikes.
I snapped the DEV-50 up back in 2016 - got a killer price ($1500) on a new one. I ended up selling it for $2k, and yes, used ones on eBay go for high numbers. If you keep your eye on Yahoo Auctions (Japan) they show up (along with the DEV-30 which wasn't sold in the U.S.) for less money. And, unlike the consumer camcorders bought from overseas, you can change the menu language and system (NTSC/PAL) from the menu.

I'm keeping my eye open, I may jump back into 3D recording and pick up a DEV-30 and a TD-10.

-> No longer looking for Hi-Vision LDs <-

(I buried that format finally)

www.ispeedonthe405.com
post #33 of 35 Old 04-10-2019, 08:47 PM
Preditor

Well, lucky me I snapped up a DEV-50 this weekend at a killer price.

Also found a review of the base version (DEV-30, same as 50 sans digital zoom, GPS and rubber eye cups)

https://sites.google.com/site/sonydev30minireview/

www.ispeedonthe405.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 35 Old 04-12-2019, 02:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1033 Post(s)
Liked: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet-X View Post
Well, lucky me I snapped up a DEV-50 this weekend at a killer price.

Also found a review of the base version (DEV-30, same as 50 sans digital zoom, GPS and rubber eye cups)

https://sites.google.com/site/sonydev30minireview/
Dang, where and how? PM me if you can...
post #35 of 35 Old 04-12-2019, 10:03 PM
Preditor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DBob View Post
Dang, where and how? PM me if you can...
Ah sadly I found it on a Craigslist ad - not a store. Otherwise happy to PM you. Going to take one more dive down the rabbit hole and see if I want to try 3D a bit more. Also going to try Power Director as Vegas just kills it for me. Hate editing in Vegas.

www.ispeedonthe405.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Source Components

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page