Any good 3D Streaming in market? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 3DBob

post #1 of 3 Old 01-18-2019, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Any good 3D Streaming in market?

Hi all,
Yes, i have a 3D BluRay player/Receiver with a 3D home projector.
But i am curious to know if there are any good Streaming services available for 3D movies? Any experience/feedback please?
I heard about VUDU streaming but not sure though.

Thanks a lot in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-18-2019, 01:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 276
VUDU is the only one I'm aware of. I haven't bought any titles myself because of their often extremely high cost ($30 or even more). 3DBDs are often in the $10-$20 range, so I really balk at a lower quality, higher cost offering.

I have looked at some of the 3D movie trailers on VUDU because those are free. Some of them are pretty bad quality. Some are decent quality. And some don't have a trailer in 3D at all, so you can't tell. I would hate to buy a 3D movie at such high cost and find out it's very poor quality.

That being said, I think Ready Player One on VUDU is lower priced ($20?) and I've heard it is decent quality. I've been thinking about buying that one as a test of VUDU's 3D capability and also to show support for 3D.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-19-2019, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1087 Post(s)
Liked: 586
Vudu quality has a lot to do with your streaming ability. It appears that if it senses slow streaming, it will dumb down the signal somewhat. I have not had an issue with quality, though. Is it bluray quality (I'm talking 3D here), I'd say close, but not quite, since they do compress the video somewhat, as all the streamers do, so they can maintain their channel bandwidth. As for the high price, they typically carry a high price on bundled 2D/3D plus features when they release about a month ahead of bluray, then the price comes down as they release the 3D movie by itself for less. It's been said that Vudu sends out 3D in SBS format, but my projector says it's framepacking, but I'm not sure. Their signal works best with a 1.4a compliant hdmi, and less so with a 2.0 compliant hdmi for some reason.

As for 4K UHD 2D movies, I have found the compression too much and not up to bluray standards.
wildbill722 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Source Components

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page