Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #31 of 32 Old 02-20-2019, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1087 Post(s)
Liked: 586
Ok, I took a flyer on a used Oculus Go 64 for a good price. Should be here early next week. I will check it out for chits and giggles. If you hear a loud crash, it's probably because I got dizzy and fell down, or I took the thing and flung it across the room....

We'll see...I have medium hopes...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 02-21-2019, 12:03 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1482 Post(s)
Liked: 438
Bob- Good luck with the Oculus Go. I heard a rumor(as I have no way to confirm that) that Facebook has pulled the YT VR app to prevent Oculus Go owners from viewing YT VR content.

Last summer Facebook made DEO VR remove the paste access because Oculus Rift people were pasting YT URL's.

On the You Tube conflict with Oculus, I finally got a work flow to view YT VR in 3D in the Rift.

First I had to open a Steam account which allows you to buy non Oculus apps and run them in the Rift. I understand you can do the same in the Oculus Go. Then, thanks to an AMD engineer, I learned that the Steam VR desktop has a paste URL for video that works for You Tube. The app does cost $15 but is worth it as it opens many features for VR in the HMD. It also has a great data center where you can measure your system performance while running a game. I don't know how much of this is available for the Go but I can assure you the Oculus is going to keep you busy learning new things for quite awhile. The Oculus support forums are good for finding out little secrets of the devices too.

BTW- I've downloaded over 70 apps now and have something fascinating in each one. Try Google Earth in VR, The Human Body showed me how to interpret my EKG readings off my Apple watch. You can select various conditions and it displays a 3D of the heart and the blood flowing along with the EKG. Anyway, It's a whole new world with the VR stuff that it isn't all just about games.
3DBob likes this.

My 3D and 360VR videos and more
Don Landis HT System: Projector Sony VPL VW665ES Players: Samsung UBD K8500 OPPO BD93 Sony BDP S6200 All Regions Player Denon AVR S940, 7.1 JBL Professional series and Klipsch PS3, XBOX360, Dish VIP722K; 3D Edit Suite:Adobe Premiere, Edius7.53, Vegas Pro v13, Power Director16, i9-7980XE/GTX1080Ti, LG 3D TV DM2752
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Source Components

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page