MonsterVision™ MAX 3D Eyewear System - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-19-2011, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1131 Post(s)
Liked: 1200

So after spending a lot of time with Sony, JVC, Samsung, Panasonic and Xpand 3D glasses I was just curious (mainly due to ZOMBIE10K) to try the Monster Vision 3D models out. First thing I did was connect the Transmitter to my laptop and update the firmware. That was very uneventful and only took a couple minutes. Shortly after I found myself downstairs hooking them up. My Sony projectors (90ES and 30AES) are able to work with them since the Monster emitter can sense the 3D signal (full strength) which then sends it to the Monster glasses. Monster claims they can work as far as a football field away. I was impressed as was my Fiance' (Jaclyn) who likes to see sink down into her chair which with the 30AES it would cause the Xpands and Sonys to lose sync. Not with the Monsters! You can sit upside down in your chair and never loose sync. Awesome! I should also add the image is also more faithful and not as "loud and crazy" as the other brands. The colors are rendered the way they should be. Could have something to do with the different tint on the lenses. Lastly, they are by far the most comfortable. They look like sunglasses! Jaclyn immediately claimed them as "her" glasses which means I need to order more! Just don't try and purchase them at a Best Buy. We tried to different stores today and both of them could not find them. The computer (also theirs) claims each of them has them in stock at their store. Of course having them actually find them is another story. No wonder they are losing money!

In the pics I show the glasses and how they really do look like comfortable sunglasses. Also a pic of the box (starter kit). There is also a pic of the emitter working with the 90ES. Notice it is just resting up against the front side of the PJ by the lens. That works perfectly! With the 30AES just use a very short Ethernet cable and on top of the PJ aim it at the Monster Emitter. Simple! You can use the sonys, xpands and Monsters all at the same time. No worries. Lastly, the Transmitter has a toggle joystick which also allows you to fine tune your glasses. I was able to make the image light or darker and reduce ghosting to a minimum on both projectors. Kudos for Monster!

Verdict: I have 5 pairs of Xpand X103s for sale (cheap too) which means I am going to switch to the Monsters. Just wish I would have sooner!

EDIT: NOW 3 PAIRS AVAILABLE!!!

Thanks Jason (ZOMBIE10K) for making me want to try them!
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

4K HDR10- ignore the “rules” and trust your eyes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-06-2011, 10:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1307 Post(s)
Liked: 761
I have the same glasses from 3D-VIP.
(both vendors label bit cauldron rf glasses)

I use them with my Sony vw60 which is not a 3D projector but it works with another 3D-VIP product.

These are the only glasses I've used outside of store demos but I always check out the store demos and I do believe these glasses are the best

The only drawback is I can hear them buzz but just a little bit and not when a movie is on.

The tuning let's you adjust the ghosting to gone. That's what I love most about them. The rf is important for me too because my gear rack is outside the HT.

-Brian
post #3 of 3 Old 10-07-2011, 01:34 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 124
I also just got the monstervision with ir to rf emmiter and also have the xpand102. I am using this on a Mits DLP using the 3D-A and for some reason I am able to use both at the same time. I was under the impression that you can either use active shutter or dlp link glasses and not both?

But I can say this, the Monster is sharper and a bit brighter. Also with a 3D image if I move my head back and forth I can see the forground image move differently than the background which is pretty cool where as the DLP does not do this at all.. Think I am going with the Monstervision since the emmiter is behind the TV and never have to worry and can charge it via usb and not worry about buying batteries etc.

Will write more when I've watched a few more movies now that I got the 3D-BEE system which I will do a write up on in that thread that's started already.

EPSON 5040UBE | DENON X6400H | XBOX ONE X\PS4 | EMOTIVA XPA-7 GEN 2 |EMOTIVA XPA-3 GEN 3 | ELITE SCREEN 150" ZEREO EDGE W/LED KIT
9.3.4 SURROUND SYSTEM ALL KLIPSCH | L&R RF-7II | CENTER RC64II |FRONT HEIGHTS 2 x RB-81II | 4 SURROUNDS RS-62II | 4 ATMOS CDT-5800 | SUBS R112SW & 2 x R115SW
VEFXI 3D-BEE DIAMOND (2D TO 3D CONVERTER) | DARBE VISION DVP-5000S | LOGITECH HARMONY 800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Tech Talk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page