Oppo 203 and LG 3D OLED Component Combination 3D Tweak - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 15Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 Old 01-21-2018, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Paul H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Elk Grove, California,USA
Posts: 1,100
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
So the Oppo can universally affect 3D component setups, where convergence or depth settings can be left at default.
For my LG 3D OLEDs, I will personally keep using the "Oppo 203 and LG 3D OLED Component Combination 3D Tweak". Whether it is a placebo effect or not, I find I can identify 3D layering more readily with LG Auto mode selected and Manual 3D parameter levels set @ Depth +20 and Viewpoint -5.

I LOVE IT!
Antonino Barbera likes this.

Avatar: IMAX Header
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection

Last edited by Paul H; 01-21-2018 at 08:33 AM.
Paul H is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 36 Old 02-26-2018, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Paul H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Elk Grove, California,USA
Posts: 1,100
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exist_To_Resist View Post
So I just spoke to LG.
And they told me that Manual sets the depth and convergence point manually.
Automatic sets these settings based on the signal.

So automatic does not take any input whatsoever from the Manual setting.

As was evident during my testing.
Every 3D blu-ray I've viewed since the above afirmation, I have tested LG's 3D settings, choosing both manual with 3D values at default and Auto with 3D values @ 3D Depth +20, 3D Viewpoint -5; and I have to affirm without any doubt that Auto with manual settings at the extreme values visually highlight vital real-world depth cues that flattens out the ground surface as you see it go back in the Z-plane plus visually intensify's foreground foliage & objects as pertinent frame-of-reference props that highlight the existing depth cues allowing the senses to perceive a 3D scene with greater real-world existence. With the multitude of times I have compared each specified setting to the same 3D scene-specific time-lines, I now want to state the component combination is a reference setting choice.
wildbill722 likes this.

Avatar: IMAX Header
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection
Paul H is offline  
post #33 of 36 Old 06-29-2018, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Paul H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Elk Grove, California,USA
Posts: 1,100
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exist_To_Resist View Post
So I just spoke to LG.
And they told me that Manual sets the depth and convergence point manually.
Automatic sets these settings based on the signal.

So automatic does not take any input whatsoever from the Manual setting.

As was evident during my testing.
Exist_To_Resist, can you please duplicate the following tweak posted below.
It should show you beyond-a-doubt that 3D-Automatic-Mode takes input from 3D-Manual-Mode settings.

The settings will resolve 3D depth z-plane information at 100% levels when the OLED is set back to Auto Mode.

Instructions:
Look at a Blu-ray 3D scene in 3D with your current OLED 3D settings.
Then look at it again after changing "Manual Mode"- Depth and Viewpoint values maxed-out @ 3D Depth (20) & 3D Viewpoint (-10) (you have to use manual mode to set these values) and then Re-set 3D Mode back to Auto Mode before you exit Picture-Settings for values to take effect and work correctly.

Experiment with the Auto 3D Mode using maxed-out Manual 3D Mode settings on a feature like Ant-Man 3D or Black Panther 3D, but this will also fully resolve @ 100% levels the existing digital z-plane information present on any Blu-ray 3D movie.

Please let me know how it looks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Depth 20 Viewpoint -10 copy.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	2421824   Click image for larger version

Name:	put back to auto and exit copy.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	2421828  
wildbill722 likes this.

Avatar: IMAX Header
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection

Last edited by Paul H; 06-29-2018 at 11:15 AM.
Paul H is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 36 Old 06-30-2018, 02:26 AM
Member
 
wildbill722's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Beach in North Carolina
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 38
We got your back Paul.

We got your six Paul. Thank you for the updates on your research. You are a safe port in the storm.
Paul H likes this.

LG 77G6P/OPPO 203 REGION FREE
LG 65G6P/OPPO 203 REGION FREE
LG 65C6P/OPPO 203
wildbill722 is offline  
post #35 of 36 Old 07-05-2019, 02:17 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
Exist_To_Resist, can you please duplicate the following tweak posted below.
It should show you beyond-a-doubt that 3D-Automatic-Mode takes input from 3D-Manual-Mode settings.

The settings will resolve 3D depth z-plane information at 100% levels when the OLED is set back to Auto Mode.

Instructions:
Look at a Blu-ray 3D scene in 3D with your current OLED 3D settings.
Then look at it again after changing "Manual Mode"- Depth and Viewpoint values maxed-out @ 3D Depth (20) & 3D Viewpoint (-10) (you have to use manual mode to set these values) and then Re-set 3D Mode back to Auto Mode before you exit Picture-Settings for values to take effect and work correctly.

Experiment with the Auto 3D Mode using maxed-out Manual 3D Mode settings on a feature like Ant-Man 3D or Black Panther 3D, but this will also fully resolve @ 100% levels the existing digital z-plane information present on any Blu-ray 3D movie.

Please let me know how it looks!
scusa Paul allora come dobbiamo impostare LGE6V 20 -5 OPPURE 20 -10 NON CAPISCO QUALE DELLE DUE LASCISARE GRAZIE DI UNA CORTESE RISPOSTA
Antonino Barbera is offline  
post #36 of 36 Old 07-05-2019, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Paul H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Elk Grove, California,USA
Posts: 1,100
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonino Barbera View Post
scusa Paul allora come dobbiamo impostare LGE6V 20 -5 OPPURE 20 -10 NON CAPISCO QUALE DELLE DUE LASCISARE GRAZIE DI UNA CORTESE RISPOSTA
With "Manual" selected, set 3D Depth to 20 and 3D Viewpoint to -10 , then select "Auto" and exit the settings.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Depth 20 Viewpoint -10.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	2587776
Click image for larger version

Name:	put back to auto, then exit.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	2587778

Avatar: IMAX Header
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection
Paul H is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply 3D Tech Talk

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off