My 3D Project and Equipment... any thoughts? - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 38 Old 02-26-2018, 09:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1263 Post(s)
Liked: 500
I take it that aux. port on top is power for cameras, would need to convert that.

C mount may be a tight fit given the close proximity of the output tubes. Is the entire device a lens that is then spaced apart in the output section?

There are cheap micro cmos cameras, here's a dual setup:

That is if it could focus on the image.

This line intentionally left blank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 02-26-2018, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 7
So it came in today. Its a 30 degree scope, I was hoping it was a 0 degree, but otherwise the optics are fine. No electronics at all and the two optical ports are 4 cm center to center and the YI 4K can be fitted as close as 3 cm center to center, so it is going to be easy. It has a central optical port that I dont understand, that one may be 0 degrees and has a standard endoscope light port. I have all sorts of light sources at my office that fit it.
It?s gonna be easy to fit this thing with modern cameras. Its a bit big for some of the things I plan to document, but some of the skull base surgery that I do like pituitary tumors, I can stuff it in intermittently to get shots, tonsillectomies, and laryngeal surgeries. I hope I can find one like this that is 0 degree too.
I pulled out all of my old stereo bars and mounts for 35 mm from 20 years ago and I?m about to get back in the saddle. Im even scanning up a big pile of photos that I had in NTSC but need in 4K or at least 1080 x 2 of time lapse cadaver dissections.
My kids finally moved out, hence the now.
post #33 of 38 Old 10-31-2018, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you guys for some guidance over the past months.. I finally updated my website to modern code and mobile friendly and such... I have my new intro video that explains my project and plays with the 3D model some. You can stream or download various 3D formats from the link or see it in 2D

Download or Stream Stereoscopic Formats From Here

View 2D Intro Video Here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 38 Old 11-02-2018, 03:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Intro looks great! 3D has many practical applications besides entertainment.

I need to get back into macro 3D. I finished up my 3D rig for my Sony cameras late last year but haven't moved onto testing it yet. It's based on the Robert's Rig 100.00 beamsplitter project. I made a few alterations from that design. I just plan on using it under 3" interocular distance where I can't get closer with my side by side rig.

BTW, what did you end up deciding on the Stream TV glasses free screen? Keep or return? It's too bad it's not closer to what the smaller glasses-free screens can do. I've always been impressed with my Fuji W3, Panasonic Z10k, Sony TD10 and Nintendo 3DS with their glasses-free 3D, but TV-size is much harder to get right given distance and position.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ax1003d-1.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	256.8 KB
ID:	2477234   Click image for larger version

Name:	ax1003d-2.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	2477236  

post #35 of 38 Old 11-02-2018, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
Intro looks great! 3D has many practical applications besides entertainment.

I need to get back into macro 3D. I finished up my 3D rig for my Sony cameras late last year but haven't moved onto testing it yet. It's based on the Robert's Rig 100.00 beamsplitter project. I made a few alterations from that design. I just plan on using it under 3" interocular distance where I can't get closer with my side by side rig.

BTW, what did you end up deciding on the Stream TV glasses free screen? Keep or return? It's too bad it's not closer to what the smaller glasses-free screens can do. I've always been impressed with my Fuji W3, Panasonic Z10k, Sony TD10 and Nintendo 3DS with their glasses-free 3D, but TV-size is much harder to get right given distance and position.
Thanks.. The glasses free just wasn't nearly as fun to watch as the LG TV sets or projectors it had to compete with. I like the displays on 3D cameras too. There are several tablets you can find that supposedly do that for one person at a time, I've been meaning to find one and try one...
post #36 of 38 Old 11-02-2018, 11:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Izon has a product line of glasses free tablets and a 3D phone coming soon. Have to inquire on price but I noticed in the specs they list Android 4.4 which is old now the phone is listed as 6.0. There's also the Hydrogen One phone but it seems its only useful feature for 3D enthusiasts is the 3D screen. It only records 3D in 1080p and at a low 11mbps, seems pretty pathetic in 2018 and for 1300.00.

post #37 of 38 Old 09-11-2019, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Behold the new Geobox 702
While not necessarily helpful for everyone... it lets me input 3840 x 1080 at 60 hz through HDMI 2 and output dual projectors with hardware edge blending.. easy as pie to set up two projectors for my roving 3D demonstrations. I play them from a cheap Roku Pro 4K with a USB drive slot encoded with H264 at 3840x1080. I have 2 new screens now, they aren't the best as far as crosstalk but for what I'm doing they are perfectly acceptable and if I dont bring a screen I have to use my Omega system... and I hate how any ambient light reflects off of the inside of the glasses. And if anyone is interested to see some of my early videos they are on my website as below... You may not be interested in sinus or nasal anatomy, but I think the 3D really helps demonstrate the concepts to students. Im about to put out Chapters 2 and 3 of my series and they are more complicated and interesting than the ones currently online.. And Ive set up a very effective stereoscopic microscope. Records separate 1080 p 60hz to two blackmagic Video Assist mini monitors/recorders, then I just sort it out and synch it in Premier pro. As I have played with a few fabricated stereo cameras, I have found that despite everything, you either have wide angle or autofocus. These are autofocus cameras on this microscope rig.

my website where you can download my stereoscopic videos www.ent3d.com

my new screens.. a 120" and a 165" version of these silver screens https://www.carlofet.com/shop/backya...on-screen-kits

Geobox - http://www.vnstw.com/ptslist.php?catid=26
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3650.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	967.1 KB
ID:	2614110   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E3652.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	894.4 KB
ID:	2614116  

Last edited by Morgus1; 09-11-2019 at 01:39 PM.
post #38 of 38 Old 09-11-2019, 06:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Something I have found a useful 3D tool lately is the Hydrogen One. It has pretty close lenses 12.5mm main cameras on back (7mm front spaced lenses). For most 3D it's too close but for closeup shots I'm liking it. The screen is also 3D and accepts side by side half files for video, can also show 3D stills taken from other cameras if they're converted to the quad format it accepts (a little more time involved).

Overall, I think the screen is pretty good considering it's glasses free. They will be releasing the Hydrogen 2.0 here at some point. 5.7" screen and portable and always have it with you. Of course they tout it as holographic. But really it's a glasses-free 3D phone.

Onboard recording is side by side full files if you're interested in using them off the device. they record 3840x1080 30p @40mbps. Stills are 8.3mp for 3D.

I take it you sent back that Steam TV? I'm hoping Leia gets these screens into production for monitor size and larger soon. There are limits to how much depth and pop out is possible but it impresses me more and more considering there's no glasses.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Tech Talk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page