Has someone experience with DLP Link Converter to Vesa 3D - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-27-2018, 01:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has someone experience with DLP Link Converter to Vesa 3D

Hallo

at ebay and amazon it is possible to buy a converter that promise the following:

DLP Converter-use your glasses and VESA emitter on ANY DLP Link projector

The little box costs 145 $ plus shipping to Europe.

I wanna buy a Optoma UHD 51 projector which also can handle 3D contents but only with DLP Link glasses.
My old Optoma HD161x uses Vesa 3D and I have 5 units of ZF2100 glasses. So I wanna keep the glasses and look for a good converter to change DLP link to Vesa 3D.

Who has experiences with such converters?

Best regards

didaschi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-28-2018, 02:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 969 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Although I can't provide an answer, it does sound like an interesting option to overcome the UHD 51's lack of a VESA 3D connector.

I for one will definitely not downgrade to DLP Link knowing how great 3D via RF works with the ZF2100 glasses.

So I'm very much interested in that myself, especially should VESA 3D ports become scarce in future projectors.

"It is only about things that do not interest one that one can give a really unbiased opinion, which is no doubt the reason why an unbiased opinion is always absolutely valueless." Oscar Wilde
post #3 of 4 Old 05-29-2019, 06:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

An older solution that could help you to continue use of 3D-RF glasses with a DLP Link-only DLP front projector

As someone who prefers 3D-RF technology with his older Optoma front projector HD83(00) I'm naturally concerned that the latest DLP projectors only offer "DLP Link" and that the RF-technology required "3D Sync" VESA port probably won't have a comeback (although Optoma's latest HD29H - apparently only available in Europe? - still offers a VESA "3D Sync" port, so there is still some hope).

Until AVS member longhornsk57 informed that he was using 3D-RF glasses with his DLP Link-only projector, I didn't even know that a DLP Link > 3D-RF converter solution in form of the Xpand 3D White Flash Converter existed:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-di...l#post58082340

Got my converter last night, set my HD83 to "DLP Link" to test and the converter worked flawlessly as suggested (no sync loss ever) but the red tint from the DLP Link red flash in dark and black image areas drove me nuts.

Since my HD83 is from 2011 I wonder whether DLP Link technology has improved to a point where such a red (or other) tint is no longer visible. Ain't giving up my HD83 for a new 3D DLP projector, if such color-messed up 3D images are an inevitable side effect.

Please consider this a solution proposal and invitation for 3D users to comment on their experience with the Xpand White Flash Converter or DLP Link in general.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Optoma-HD29H-rear view.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	2573034  

"It is only about things that do not interest one that one can give a really unbiased opinion, which is no doubt the reason why an unbiased opinion is always absolutely valueless." Oscar Wilde
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-29-2019, 10:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-di...l#post58113116

I'm thinking about returning the Xpand 3D White Flash Converter until there is a solid solution to get rid of the DLP Link typical red flash tint.

Update: Realized I needed to understand the difference between "Red Flash" and "White Flash" and apparently here is the answer: https://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12091

Simply put, it appears if your DLP projector has a color wheel with the segment "White" there won't be a red tint. If your DLP projector does not have a color wheel with the segment "White" it will have to use the red segment and you'll end up with the red tint.

If this is wrong I'd gladly appreciate the help of experts.

Last edited by Frank714; 05-29-2019 at 10:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Tech Talk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page