Sony HDR-TD10 Highest quality playback - URGENT! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-23-2019, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Sony HDR-TD10 Highest quality playback - URGENT!

Hello,

I know my emergency does not make it YOUR emergency but I only have a couple days to figure this out.

I have a PC connected to a Samsung 4k 3D TV, with Nvidia drivers and card capable of doing 1080p 3D. I have a good deal of footage shot on a Sony HDR-TD10. I'd like to play this back on my TV in the best quality possible. The footage, as I understand it, is 2x1080i. I have the .m2ts files pulled off the camera. I have Sony Vegas 13.0

To this point my playback options have been:

1. Connect the camcorder directly to the TV, and watch what I believe is a half resolution SBS output.
2. Render the videos to half resolution SBS output and upload to Youtube.

On both cases I can see my video, but it is only half the resolution of the footage shot.

Ideally, I'd like to see it full resolution.

1. Is there a program that would allow me to watch the .mt2s files in full resolution on the PC?
2. Alternately I could render BluRay .iso's (no idea what Sony Vegas settings to use), which would be great with menus and so forth, but everything I have read says rendering the 60i footage to the 24p necessary for 1080 3D looks horrible. and 720/60p gets up back to losing resolution again.

What is my best way for viewing these files in FULL 3D resolution on my Samsung 4k 3D TV?

Many thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-24-2019, 06:40 PM
Preditor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektre99 View Post
Hello,

I know my emergency does not make it YOUR emergency but I only have a couple days to figure this out.

I have a PC connected to a Samsung 4k 3D TV, with Nvidia drivers and card capable of doing 1080p 3D. I have a good deal of footage shot on a Sony HDR-TD10. I'd like to play this back on my TV in the best quality possible. The footage, as I understand it, is 2x1080i. I have the .m2ts files pulled off the camera. I have Sony Vegas 13.0

To this point my playback options have been:

1. Connect the camcorder directly to the TV, and watch what I believe is a half resolution SBS output.
2. Render the videos to half resolution SBS output and upload to Youtube.

On both cases I can see my video, but it is only half the resolution of the footage shot.

Ideally, I'd like to see it full resolution.

1. Is there a program that would allow me to watch the .mt2s files in full resolution on the PC?
2. Alternately I could render BluRay .iso's (no idea what Sony Vegas settings to use), which would be great with menus and so forth, but everything I have read says rendering the 60i footage to the 24p necessary for 1080 3D looks horrible. and 720/60p gets up back to losing resolution again.

What is my best way for viewing these files in FULL 3D resolution on my Samsung 4k 3D TV?

Many thanks.
If your TV accepts AVCHD 2.0 3D then it should accept frame packed 3D. Best bet, go into your TD10 menu under settings, and for HDMI output, change it from “Auto” to “Frame Packed”. If you see a 3D image, your Tv is compatible and you’re seeing the full 1920x1080i 3D signal. If you see nothing, then your Tv isn’t compatible. Then your only other option is to render top/bottom Full as your 3D settings from Vegas, and use a compatible media player to play the output file. Otherwise, you’re stuck with 720/60 or 1080p/24 Blu-ray output
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Tech Talk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page