Nvidia Drivers - Stereoscopic 3D support for Windows 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By ryudoadema
  • 2 Post By danutz75

post #1 of 5 Old 05-03-2019, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Nvidia Drivers - Stereoscopic 3D support for Windows 10

Beginning with Version 419, Nvidia removed support for 3D Stereoscopic drivers in their Game Ready Driver releases. The entire panel for enabling Stereoscopic 3D in Nvidia Control Panel is gone!

For HTPC rigs, this was somewhat vital. Considerable number of people like myself running Kodi or other media centers, used PowerDVD as an external player to playback their 3D ISO Blu-ray rips. This was all well & good and 3D ISO playback was no problem in PowerDVD with Nvidia drivers.

With the removal of Stereoscopic 3D driver support in newer Nvidia drivers, 3D is no longer supported in Windows 10 and PowerDVD is no longer able to play 3D.

The only option here for some folks is to rollback & stay stuck on Driver 418.

This solution is however not viable for some folks like me.

My HTPC doubles as a Gaming Rig as well. I have to believe there are others in the same place as me. I have an RTX 2080 Ti graphics card in the machine, and I need the latest Nvidia Drivers for graphics & gaming technologies & support.

I cannot keep my drivers stuck at 418.

I was wondering if there is an alternate or solution to this issue. This may be too early as this just happened, and usually some solutions take time to surface, but I figured I'd ask.

I know some people are able to extract Nvidia driver package and mix n' match some stuff in it. Not sure if someone can come up with a way to integrate the 418 3D Drivers in newer Nvidia Drivers.

Thanks!

7.1.4: Polk RTi12 Fronts, RTi8 Surrounds, Monitor70 Surround Backs, CSi A6 Center, Klipsch R-14M Front Height & Rear Height + Outlaw LFM-1 EX Subwoofer.
JVC NX5 True 4K HDR Projector / Denon X6300H AVR
Intel Broadwell-E 6 Core (H2O) / EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid (H2O) HTPC
LG UBK80 UHD Blu-ray / XBOX One X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-06-2019, 06:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1118 Post(s)
Liked: 607
I switched out my Nvidia card for an AMD card with latest drivers and Powerdvd 3D works fine.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-09-2019, 06:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Well that sucks... I do the same with my Nvidia HTPC. I don't game on it often and I have another main PC that's a bit stronger so I haven't updated the drivers in months. Do you happen to know if it's the same deal with mk3d's? I assume so since it is still using the same 3D method. I will have to hold off upgrading the drivers and will keep an ear open for a solution. Thanks for the heads up!
mickey79 likes this.

BenQ HT3050 (Previously BenQ W1070, Epson 8350, Mits HD1000u)
Elite 100" Spectrum Electric 16:9 Screen
Pioneer VSX-1131
SVS SBS-01/PB12-NSD 5.1.2 system
HTPC/Pimax5k+/XboxOneX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-09-2019, 10:41 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Red face Same situation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryudoadema View Post
Well that sucks... I do the same with my Nvidia HTPC. I don't game on it often and I have another main PC that's a bit stronger so I haven't updated the drivers in months. Do you happen to know if it's the same deal with mk3d's? I assume so since it is still using the same 3D method. I will have to hold off upgrading the drivers and will keep an ear open for a solution. Thanks for the heads up!
I ran into the same nVidia 3D lack of support BS.

The only solution I found is DVDFab Player 5. It plays my 3D Tron: Legacy. But crashes and burns with my Avatar 3D Blu-Ray.

I have the same card RTX 2080ti, with an Intel 6700K CPU, 32 GB of RAM, with SGX, all drivers up to date, etc. Power DVD keeps saying that I don't have a 3D display. Silly me, I payed 9K for this one: LG OLED77G6P...

I am done with this, after paying $1300, I did not expect this kind of BS. I plan to sell the 2080ti and get a Radeon VII. But eventually 3D support might disappear from the AMD drivers as well. Then I will go back to my SONY UBP-X800.

I honestly don't understand these people. There a plethora of dead video formats still supported for playback in both video player apps and video drivers. I don't understand the lack of support for 3D...
mickey79 and dmillionz like this.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-22-2019, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I found the solution to this problem, without switching to AMD graphic card, but it will only work if you have processor with built in integrated graphic card (intel preferably)
1) First you will need to go to your uefi and enable integrated graphic card
on asus motherboard go to advanced-> system agent->graphic configuration-> set primary display to IGFX and iGPU multi monitor to enabled
2) Reboot and install intel graphic drivers
3) Plug HDMI to your motherboard, reboot
4) [Optional] If you want to use your Nvidia graphic to do madvr magic (igpu is to slow for this), go to win 10 settings->display->graphics settings-> and set your player (I use mpc-hc) on high performance mode

And now you should be able to play mkv mvc and iso with 3d frame packing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Tech Talk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page