Vankyo Burger 101 Mini Projector 3-D Sync Problem - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-27-2019, 06:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Vankyo Burger 101 Mini Projector 3-D Sync Problem

I am relatively new to 3-D hardware and may not understand something here. I have the Vankyo Burger 101 mini projector, which is identified as an RD-606. Looks same a Elephas RD-606. I have purchased the recommended BobLov active shutter glasses and also Elephas recomended GL25 active shutter glases, but they won’t sync up. He is how I proceed as I think is descrbed in a few online videos:

1) power up a 3D movie which presents itself as Top Bottom
2) Using remote I hit 3D but which presents the 3D menu.
3) I scroll to Top/Bottom and hit 3D button which projector shows as frame packing. Screen now looks like normal 3D screen.
4) Power up glasses by pressing on/off button once. Button continues to periodically flash a single time. No 3D through glasses.
5) Image and glasses do not sync or produce a 3-D image

On first round through this problem, I sent the projector back to the seller and re-ordered from a different seller. Without results Insuspect something I’m doing wrong. Both projector and glasses are fully powered/charged.

I do have an Optoma 3-D projector with active shutter glasses that works fine and no issues w setup.

Thanks

Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-27-2019, 08:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1087 Post(s)
Liked: 586
This projector uses a DLPlink 3D image generator based on the chip being used. You can tell--if the 3D image (without glasses on) is tinted white or green or some other color it's DLPlink 3D. Make sure your glasses support DLPlink 3D. Also, charge the glasses before using. If they have batteries, then make sure they are new. To sync glasses, there is usually a button on top or in the right side bottom of the glasses. This will need to be pressed to sync. Also, beware of inverse right/left eye 3D, which you will need to correct, some glasses can be corrected by pressing the sync button twice. Some require that it be done through the projector menu if possible. If you already have 3D glasses used with your Optoma projector, then try those.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-29-2019, 06:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks for your reply Bob,

All the glasses are DLP Link. Pushing button twice doesn’t seem to make a difference. A few videos online show a simple operation for setup and using glasses. I even bought one video’s suggested glasses they used for the Elephas RD-606 projector model (which the Vankyo projector is marked on bottom as an RD-606). Frustrating w very minimal instruction/trouble shooting in owners manual.

I’ve contacted Vankyo support but haven’t gotten a reply yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Tech Talk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page