3D dlp glasses for wide viewing angle - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-16-2020, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Cool 3D dlp glasses for wide viewing angle

I sit 8 feet from my 105" screen, which makes a 50 degree wide viewing angle (might be too much for some, but I love it). Unfortunately, the bridge of my 3d glasses cuts off the edges of the screen: my right eye can't view the entire left edge of the screen and my left eye can't view the entire right side of the screen. Part of the problem is that the glasses I own have a wide "bridge", but more importantly, they can't get flush to my eyeball sockets. Here's a link to my current glasses:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anyone have recommendations for dlp link glasses that provide extremely wide viewing angle? I'm not interested in moving my sofa back to lower my viewing angle

Viewsonic PJD7828HDL, DVP-5000S, 105" DIY AT Screen, TCL 65R615
5.1.4- Pioneer VSX-LX303, Sony SS-CS5 x4, Sony SS-CS8 x1, Micca M-6C x4, Martin Logan Dynamo 1000
Samsung UBD-K8500, Roku Premiere+, Playstation 4 Pro, Nintendo Switch (Original Model)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-16-2020, 11:08 AM

Liked: 15
Oh yeah, I have a few of those, they are definitely not ideal glasses. EStar America ESG601 DLP Link 3D Glasses are the best I've owned. Rechargeable internal battery. So far they have held up (going on 4 years). I took one apart and the battery is a relatively common one that could be replaced and a new one soldered in. Not very restrictive in blocking the screen and pretty coomfortable. Not a good set to get if you are going to wear rx glasses underneath them, so I've been told. Amazon says out on stock, but if you can find a pair I would get it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 4 Old 01-17-2020, 10:15 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 51
These are the ones I use, perfect for 100" from 10 ft, and I have large nose bridge, they should be fine on thinner nose from 8 ft. I think they were the largest I could find when I was shopping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-17-2020, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roussi View Post
These are the ones I use, perfect for 100" from 10 ft, and I have large nose bridge, they should be fine on thinner nose from 8 ft. I think they were the largest I could find when I was shopping.
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll be getting a pair

Viewsonic PJD7828HDL, DVP-5000S, 105" DIY AT Screen, TCL 65R615
5.1.4- Pioneer VSX-LX303, Sony SS-CS5 x4, Sony SS-CS8 x1, Micca M-6C x4, Martin Logan Dynamo 1000
Samsung UBD-K8500, Roku Premiere+, Playstation 4 Pro, Nintendo Switch (Original Model)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Tech Talk

Tags
3d glasses , dlp link

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page