Virtual boy virtual tap anaglyph - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-15-2020, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Virtual boy virtual tap anaglyph

I did confirm from the maker of the virtual tap (a device to let you hook up a Virtual Boy to a TV screen) that if you have to Virtual taps you could have one set to the left eye and turn on red and get a black and red image, and the other device to the right I turn on both green and blue and get the other image in a black and cyan image.

There are two ways you could get virtual tap to a screen, you can either get it as a VGA adapter, or the preferred adapters of many RGB players which is SCART.

I assume the colors are light based system, and colors are additive, and I assume that red green and blue are separate inputs and the anaglyph is designed so that the left and right image is color coded separated yet combined.

Assuming One is using one VGA monitor, is there a way you can combine the red from one monitor and the green and blue from the other and just add them together to make an anaglyph image?

the only thing that prevents me from thinking that a passive RGB combiner woodwork is the sync issue with two separate TV screens with two separate sync signals.

I also know there's a more high-tech way where you could take two images and squeeze them into one side by side half image. But I don't know what the native image ratio of a virtual boy is so therefore getting side-by-side half image is a guess. Probably anaglyph is easier since the content is monochrome anyway.

Anyone got an idea how to merge one red eye with one cyan eye to make an anaglyph in VGA. Also anyone know how to do it in scart?

if you guys could come up with some sort of adapter maybe you could sell it at castlemaniagames.com where you could sell it with two virtual taps I call it the 3D virtual tap system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-15-2020, 10:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'd deff watch a youtube video about this
post #3 of 4 Old 05-16-2020, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'll just say this much at the same time you could get a left eye in black and red at a right eye in black and cyan.

I understand lights add to each other so therefore red plus cyan equals White.

If we were talking about Virtual Boy I were talking about a black and white film divided into RGB what the left guys are in the right eye is GB with a passive combiner work?

By the way I heard VGA is considered RGB.

The only issue maybe the sync.

if both sides are in sync with each other but in theory you surely need the sync signal one of them.

I know the color math makes sense when you isolate pins. Thankfully it's a lot easier than working in ycbcr.

I just want to know if that's the simplest way to combine images is to use the red pin of one and the green and blue paint of the other.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-23-2020, 10:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Man, this is over my head, but to be able to play a two player version (if they only would have finished the linking cables) of Mario tennis in all its red glory on my couch looking at a projected 3d image would be amazing. Good luck on your quest!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Tech Talk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page