3D movies for prescription glasses wearer - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By PCummins

post #1 of 5 Old 05-28-2020, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
3D movies for prescription glasses wearer

Hi Guys,

I used to enjoy watching 3D Blu-Ray movies on my JVC projector when I wore contact lenses. Now that I am older, I have problems wearing contacts so I wear glasses for vision. Can I still enjoy 3D movies? Are there shutter glasses that work with prescription glasses? Or does anyone make 3D shutter glasses with a prescription correction that works with a JVC projector with IR emitter? Thanks

-Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-28-2020, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Hi Eric

Can you wear the jvc glasses on prescription glasses? If they are large enough, that is what people usually do, if possible. Otherwise smaller prescription glasses, quite expensive solution if you have them yet.

Moreover older jvc pjs used panels-lenses with different polarization than other rf 3d glasses, affecting brightness if wrong, so if you change glasses with bigger ones you should check for polarization compatibility with that jvc model. I don't know if they exist.

Old JVC projectors 3D polarization

Dark 3D image, an example....
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/194-3...ed-advice.html

JVC 3D compatible glasses
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...r-jvcs-11.html

Epson TW5350(HC 2045), Darbee DVP-5000S, Himedia Q5 Pro, Sony BDP-S6700, 3D RF glasses: Epson, Samsung, Xpand. Fuji FinePix REAL 3D W3, LG Otimus 3D Max, Elephone P11 3D, 3D Tablet F892B

Last edited by Car67; 05-29-2020 at 12:32 PM.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-28-2020, 10:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricCrowder View Post
I used to enjoy watching 3D Blu-Ray movies on my JVC projector when I wore contact lenses. Now that I am older, I have problems wearing contacts so I wear glasses for vision. Can I still enjoy 3D movies? Are there shutter glasses that work with prescription glasses? Or does anyone make 3D shutter glasses with a prescription correction that works with a JVC projector with IR emitter? Thanks
There's no issues for Passive/Active 3D glasses with prescription glasses excepting for the size of the 3D glasses you're using vs the prescription glasses to provide a good fit/experience. I personally wear Sony Passive 3D glasses easily over my existing prescription glasses as they were designed to sit slightly further out to avoid impeding with my prescription glasses, however it's pretty easy to get good/large Passive glasses vs Active ones. I'd give your existing 3D glasses a go to see how they fit; if they aren't fitting well as Car67 mentioned you'd have to check to see if there's any larger suitable ones available that are compatible with your projector, buying from places that have a good return policy seems a good idea in case there's still issues once you've received them (size, compatibility, etc).
Car67 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-29-2020, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I updated my previous post with links about the old JVC projectors polarization compatibility, or problem, just in case...

Epson TW5350(HC 2045), Darbee DVP-5000S, Himedia Q5 Pro, Sony BDP-S6700, 3D RF glasses: Epson, Samsung, Xpand. Fuji FinePix REAL 3D W3, LG Otimus 3D Max, Elephone P11 3D, 3D Tablet F892B
post #5 of 5 Old 05-29-2020, 09:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car67 View Post
I updated my previous post with links about the old JVC projectors polarization compatibility, or problem, just in case...
It looked like it was possible to also get the PK-EM2G RF 3D Synchro Emitter for certain JVC projectors (in case going for RF was a better option), EricCrowder would need to specify what projector he's got to ensure compatibility. Those links looked like it had enough information in there to evaluate some of the other glasses like the Xpand ones to see if they were large enough for use.

Forgot to mention the only group that seems to adapt prescription glasses is http://www.optics3d.co.uk, however due to the complexity they're only doing Passive 3D systems at this point in time which doesn't surprise me - unfortunately that locks out 99% of projector systems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Tech Talk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page