Inverting glasses all the time suddenly?? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-24-2020, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Inverting glasses all the time suddenly??

Hey guys

A technical question, small bug thing ...

I have had an Epson TW6700 for about 3 years now, and enjoyed 3D on this immensely, using my Raspberry Pi 2B with OSMC, playing ripped 3D BluRays without a hitch.
Never once did I have to invert the image, all movies play pack flawlessly.

Now, wishing to upgrade to a 4K projector, without losing 3D, I bought and tested an Optoma UHD3200A (a special model, very much like the UHD52ALV), and when playing back 3D (with DLP Link glasses), I find that flipping through different movies, I have to invert the glasses all the time, although not always, for some weird reason ...
I never tried that before, and I'm a bit uncertain if the issue is related to OSMC on the Raspberry Pi, or the projector.

Anyone have any experience with something like that?
Thanx in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-25-2020, 05:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1153 Post(s)
Liked: 637
I have a similar issue with my UHD51ALV. Sometimes works fine, other times not. Don't know why. I just live with it. Basically sometimes it shows the Right eye first, sometimes the Left eye. And that is the issue. The glasses then have to sync to that. Trying different glasses might make a difference, but I use two different kind and it seems to be the same with both, but not always...hmmm.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-26-2020, 04:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DBob View Post
I have a similar issue with my UHD51ALV. Sometimes works fine, other times not. Don't know why. I just live with it. Basically sometimes it shows the Right eye first, sometimes the Left eye. And that is the issue. The glasses then have to sync to that. Trying different glasses might make a difference, but I use two different kind and it seems to be the same with both, but not always...hmmm.

My UHD51 is the same - nearly every 3D Blu-Ray disc or 3D file I play I have to invert and it is the same with three different types of glasses that I have. The projector should have a memory setting for invert the same as brightness, contrast etc.

Optoma UHD51 4K 3D Projector, 135" Screen, LG 70" LCD, Pioneer VSX531, Sony X700 UHD 3D Blu-Ray Player, Zidoo X20 Media Tank, Sony HDR-TD30V, Sony FDR-AX33, My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/256daddycool

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Tech Talk

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page