Official "help me choose a soundbar" thread - Page 64 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 69Likes

post #1891 of 1900 Old 11-04-2019, 04:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Real Wireless surrounds

It seems like a lot of rear surround speakers billed as wireless only means you have to run audio cables from a wireless subwoofer to the surrounds. In my setup I can easily get AC power to wall mounted surrounds (tapping into wall sockets beneath them) but getting audio cables to them would be difficult because the area beneath the floor is part of a finished basement, meaning the drywall ceiling blocks me from running wires under the floor. Is there any soundbar system that has wireless surrounds that need only AC power, with the signal getting to the speaker wirelessly?

Thanks.

MIKE

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.
--H. L. Mencken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1892 of 1900 Old 11-11-2019, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner89 View Post
I want to get a soundbar that supports both atmos and dts x. Has anyone compared the Sony Z9F and the Samsung Q70R?
I own a Nakamichi 7.2.4 that supports both dtsx and atmos. it sounds great! Besides, there's actually an ongoing giveaway for their flagship 9.2.4 system on their website No harm trying your luck lol
post #1893 of 1900 Old 11-11-2019, 07:35 PM

Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonderShark View Post
Hey everyone,

I have recently moved into a new place and I really want to find a good sound system to add to my setup. Unfortunately I don’t have space for a large bulky avr system. However, my room is not small so I don’t mind something that will work and sound good in a medium to large room.

I have been looking into a few different soundbars and have pretty much narrowed down my list. So far I’ve been looking at

-SamsungN950 (Really only because I’ve heard some people say that it is a really good high performance soundbar)

-SonyST5000

-2019 Nakamichi 9.2 SSE

I would also like to take advantage of Dolby Atmos. Is there certain soundbars that can sound better than others while playing Atmos?

These are my devices

Tv:Samsung q7 55 inch
Sources: PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, and a fire stick.

Nakamichi has been known for their good sound quality, however does anyone have any personal experience with a 9.2 system? Does it compare to other soundbars such as the Samsung?

Any advice would be great! I’m really just looking for a good reliable system.

Thanks!
I have a Nakamichi 7.2 for my apartment and it sounds pretty good. I reckon the 9.2 will be a beast! I had a Samsung. It was like a glorified slightly better tv speaker lol it was okay and that's about it. I play Detroit Become Human with my 7.2 and dude, it is life changing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1894 of 1900 Old 11-16-2019, 04:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Artison Savant Studio 55

Although is still works great, I am going to get rid of my Pioneer Kuro 50" Plasma display. I am liking the Sony 65" XBR65A9G. My display is mounted to an articulating Chief wall mount since I need to pull it out and angle it to towards the viewing area. The plasma has Artison Portrait speakers attached to either side of it and I have been happy very with them. I am going to mount the new OLED display to the same bracket and will need a passive soundbar. My wife likes that the Artison (now Savant) speakers came with custom enclosures that matched the height of the display. Their Savant Studio 55 soundbar can also be matched to the width of the new unit which is important to my wife. I have searched the forum and see lots of recommendations for the Definitive Technology and Golden Ear soundbars but see almost nothing on the Savant. Does anyone have any experience with the Studio 55?
post #1895 of 1900 Old 11-16-2019, 11:10 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I have a Nakamichi 7.2 for my apartment and it sounds pretty good. I reckon the 9.2 will be a beast! I had a Samsung. It was like a glorified slightly better tv speaker lol it was okay and that's about it. I play Detroit Become Human with my 7.2 and dude, it is life changing!
I have been leaning towards the Samsung HW - Q90R , just wished it had more bass and power. I picked this one over the Bose Soundbar 700 , with Sub, and rears all added ..since the Bose music was better but overall technology seems obsolete (I have the old Soundtouch 300 bar with sub)... thoughts on any Soundbars with Atmos , powerful sub and surround rears better than the Samsung Q90 R package in the $2k or less range.

The Q90R can be had for around $800 and Bose package around $1400 last I checked
post #1896 of 1900 Old 11-21-2019, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Outfitting for my uncle. Basement, open both sides.

Best soundbar the money can buy (OK, around $1,500 tops), no ability to mount rears or surrounds.

Preferably a 2-sub setup. Will be under a 75" TV.

Was looking into the Nakamachi 7.2.4, but no room for the subs in the back, hence, no way to wire the rear speakers.

Thanks!

Samsung JU7100 75" 4K | Denon x2300 | Oppo UDP-203 | Pioneer Andrew Jones 5.0.2 | Klipsch Sub-12HG
post #1897 of 1900 Old 11-27-2019, 01:52 PM

Liked: 0
Question Minimalistic setup help request

So I was an A/V guru many many moons ago (Back when Sony ES receiver meant something, Polk Audio was made in USA, and Dolby Surround was all the rage)...I am now older and out of that game for a very long time. (I am 52). I would like a good TV/Soundbar setup for my living room (Nicer setup downstairs in basement) and would like to future proof a bit if I could. I would like the TV to be Full array LED with bells & whistles and a bright screen as my room has lots of windows and is open concept. (Not ready for OLED). I was looking at Sony X950G series. I could most likely use apps like Netflix & Prime from the TV itself. However, when I want to watch Networks or something not as native app on TV (Disney+), I would be using a Roku Ultra. I have been recently reading a lot of articles about ARC/eARC. While all the audio formats are a bit perplexing, suffice it to say that whether I am watching TV Apps or Roku sourced Apps, I would like all the fancy audio formats they provide to be seamlessly heard from the soundbar without lip sync issues like I experienced about 6 or 7 years ago. The TV is eArc capable and so are affordable sound bars (Sony has eArc sound bars from $400 up). So the question...(sorry)...

With those three components (X950G TV, HT-Z9F SB, Roku Ultra), what should plug into what for best experience? (I will have the good HDMI cables, etc...)

Thanks, and be nice to this old vet (I am not stuck on the TV & SB, still looking)
post #1898 of 1900 Old 11-28-2019, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnunnsr View Post
So I was an A/V guru many many moons ago (Back when Sony ES receiver meant something, Polk Audio was made in USA, and Dolby Surround was all the rage)...I am now older and out of that game for a very long time. (I am 52). I would like a good TV/Soundbar setup for my living room (Nicer setup downstairs in basement) and would like to future proof a bit if I could. I would like the TV to be Full array LED with bells & whistles and a bright screen as my room has lots of windows and is open concept. (Not ready for OLED). I was looking at Sony X950G series. I could most likely use apps like Netflix & Prime from the TV itself. However, when I want to watch Networks or something not as native app on TV (Disney+), I would be using a Roku Ultra. I have been recently reading a lot of articles about ARC/eARC. While all the audio formats are a bit perplexing, suffice it to say that whether I am watching TV Apps or Roku sourced Apps, I would like all the fancy audio formats they provide to be seamlessly heard from the soundbar without lip sync issues like I experienced about 6 or 7 years ago. The TV is eArc capable and so are affordable sound bars (Sony has eArc sound bars from $400 up). So the question...(sorry)...

With those three components (X950G TV, HT-Z9F SB, Roku Ultra), what should plug into what for best experience? (I will have the good HDMI cables, etc...)

Thanks, and be nice to this old vet (I am not stuck on the TV & SB, still looking)

I have the X900F so this step may not be required for X950G since all the HDMI ports are full bandwidth ports. Set your HDMI ports to Enhanced mode. Click the Home button on the remote, scroll to Settings (the Gear symbol at top right), Go to external inputs and then HDMI signal format, Select Enhanced format.

Hook up the soundbar into HDMI 3 which is the eARC port

Hook up the Roku to any of the remaining ports

Hope that helps!

Sony XBR-55X900F | Xfinity Cable Box | Nvidia Shield TV | Roku 3 | Oppo DV-980H | Sony PS3
post #1899 of 1900 Old 12-04-2019, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sound Bar for Rental House

Our rental house is under construction, to be completed in about four weeks. It has two large entertainment spaces where I will put TCL 65” and TCL 55” (series 4) TVs. The space is large enough that I will likely need a sound bar to project voice, etc. so that guests have a decent watching experience. I’d like to spend less than $350 ea for the two sound bars and would like them to be mountable to the TV mounts and controlled by the Roku remote. Are there options out there that could meet my needs?
post #1900 of 1900 Old Yesterday, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Anyone having a problem with two external sources connected to the two HDMI inputs on this soundbar?

I have a cable box and a Roku Ultra connected to the soundbar (to avoid lip sync problem when they're connect to the TV), but the Samsung Q90R TV only seems to "see" the soundbar as a single device...when I switch inputs on the soundbar, only the Roku displays on the TV...switch to the cable box input on the soundbar, and there's nothing on the TV.

I started by connecting only the cable box to the soundbar, and with this one external device connection, everything works fine. I just can't figure out how to get two sources connected to the two soundbar HDMI inputs to work with the TV.

Any ideas? Anyone have both soundbar HDMI inputs working perfectly? Do I need to replace the soundbar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
passive soundbar , sound bar system