soundbar help - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-23-2013, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone, I just ordered an LG LM8600 and need some av help. I want to keep it as basic as possible so I prefer my system to include:

TV
Soundbar
Blue ray player

I do not plan to get cable and for simplicity I would also like to not have a receiver. After some basic searching around it seems that it is smarter to plug both the soundbar and blue ray into the tv via hdmi. This would allow my to keep my blueray off while using the netflix opttion on the tv and also allow for optimal sound without a receiver because the tv doesn't offer some sort of pass through (or something like that). Basically I'm having an issue finding the right soundbar. I was keen on the Sony CT260 because of it's awesome reviews but it lacks hdmi. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. Bluetooth is also a + so I can stream music from my phone.

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-23-2013, 08:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 42
What's your budget? Do you not stream through the BD player? I have heard bad things about streaming with smart TV's. Either way, you could connect the BD player directly to the soundbar via HDMI and then utilize ARC for your smart apps as long as you have enough HDMI ports on your soundbar and both your TV and your soundbar are ARC compatible.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-24-2013, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

My budget is $300-$500 and I'd like a BR player included in that. I am new to all of this. I was stuck in the dark ages :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Tough budget, especially on the low end. I would start my search by looking at the Sony BDP-S590 or the newer BDP-S5100 and try pairing it with the Sony HT-CT660 soundbar. If you look hard, you might be able to find both for $500. Otherwise, you might have to increase your budget slightly.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-24-2013, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely check them out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
Sony Htct260 Sound Bar Home Theater System , Sony Bdp S5100 3d Blu Ray Disc Player With Wi Fi , Sony Ht Ct660 46 Inch Sound Bar With Wireless Subwoofer , Sony Bdp S590 3d Blu Ray Disc Player

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page