Soundbar HW-FM55C ARC setup??!? Problems....Help! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-16-2013, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I am rather new at this, so I apologize ahead of time.  I just bought a Samsung Crystal Surround Soundbar and I'm having some issues.

The setup:

TV: Samsung 60" 3D Smart TV: UN60F7050af
3D Blu-Ray: Sony BDP-S5100 

Soundbar:  AirTrack HW-FM55C 

HD CableTV box 

Before purchasing the soundbar I had my HD CableTV box plugged into HDMI 1 on the TV.  My Blu-Ray player was plugged into HDMI 2 (ARC).  The soundbar has 2 HDMI ports (IN and OUT), and initially, I plugged the soundbar (using HDMI OUT) directly into HDMI 3 on the TV.  After powering on soundbar, set source to HDMI and got no sound.  I double checked my TV's audio settings, changed to external speakers and got nothing.

I then plugged the included optical cable into the soundbar and plugged into the back of the TV.  After doing this, I was able to get it working as long as the source on the soundbar was set to D.IN (Digital Optical in).  However, it's a bit annoying to have to use 2 remotes.  One to change channels and one to handle volume.  Also, even though both the soundbar and TV are Anytime+ ready devices, kicking on the TV won't turn on the soundbar.  

I then read about ARC and thought about trying that. I took my 3D Blu-Ray's HDMI out of the TV (HDMI 2 ARC) and plugged it into HDMI IN on the soundbar.  Then from my HDMI OUT on my soundbar to HDMI 2 (ARC) on the back of the TV.  If I am playing a Blu Ray, my soundbar works off the HDMI and the audio is perfect.  The minute I switch back to the Cable TV box, it goes back to using D.IN.  I  At one point, (and I don't remember what I did) I had it working on ARC.  I could turn the TV on (the soundbar would automatically turn on as well) and 1 remote controlled volume and channels.  And it displayed ARC on the soundbar.  Then one day it all stopped working and now I am back to using D.IN and having to go into the TV audio settings and use "external speakers". Can't seem to figure out how to get ARC working.

I tried using soundshare - which does work - however there seems to be a slight but noticeable audio delay.  

What am I doing wrong? How do I get ARC to work again?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-16-2013, 12:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 54
In theory, disconnect the digital cable from the TV to soundbar.

Next check TV settings to insure that all HDMI ports are set to HDMI for sound output.

Things should then begin to work.

David

David Freeman
post #3 of 5 Old 12-17-2013, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Got ARC working.  I ended up powering off everything.  Unplugging all my HDMI devices from the TV.  Plugged back in my HD CableTV Box into HDMI 1.  Plugged the Soundbar into HDMI 2 (ARC) and then plugged my 3D Blu-Ray player in to HDMI IN on the soundbar.  Powered on the soundbar with the soundbar remote.  Powered on the TV with my Cable remote.  My soundbar display said D.IN but a few seconds later switched to saying TV ARC.  Everything seems to work now.  Soundbar will power on and off with my TV remote.  Anynet+ is enabled on both the TV and soundbar.  Looks like we're in good shape!!!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-17-2013, 02:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Excellent trouble shooting and glad you are in business.

David Freeman
post #5 of 5 Old 12-17-2013, 07:51 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Can your samsung tv remote control the bluray player via hdmi arc?

sig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Hw Fm55c Premium Slim Soundbar With Wireless Subwoofer And Hdmi Cable , Sony Bdp S5100 3d Blu Ray Disc Player With Wi Fi

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page