Klipsch Energy Powerbar Elite problem/question - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-24-2013, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ok so I got my ol man the Klipsch Energy Elite Sound bar and Wireless subwoofer for Christmas. I got it all hooked up tonight, and seemed to be the easiest hook up with the Audioquest optic cable that I got. So I hooked up the optic cable and the power cord to the sound bar first and changed my TV settings on his Samsung Tv to External Audio function rather than the TV speakers. Sound immediately came out of the sound bar and sounding just fine. I then took the subwoofer out of the box and went to place it and hook the power up and sound quit coming out of the sound bar before I even placed the sub on the floor. All the lights on the sound bar are still on and operating. So I tried everything I could think of to get sound back out of the sound bar, i.e. changing over to the supplied optic cable, changing over to supplied audio cables instead of the optic cable, checking and double checking my tv settings, NOTHING is working, I don't believe its a sound bar issue cause when I touch my fingers to the audio cables going to the sound bar you can hear that buzzing noise coming out of the sound bar speakers, I could be wrong. I hooked up the subwoofer just to see If any sound comes out of that, no sound but the light on the back does turn blue to signify it is connecting with the sound bar. Does anybody have any clue what could be going on? I am all out of ideas and pissed off. On a side question with the optic cable hooked up sound should come out from all sources hooked to the TV correct? Any ideas on this issue would be a huge help.

Klipsch RF-82II Floors
Klipsch RC-62II Center
Klipsch RS-42II Surrounds
SVS PB12-NSD Sub
Marantz SR7010 Receiver
2016 Vizio P65-C1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-25-2013, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Update from messing around with it this morning. Tried it first thing when I got back over to my parents, worked perfectly for about 5 min, then shut off, would not come back on no matter what I did. I unplugged it and left it for about 1 hour and came back, it works normally for about 5 mins again then shuts off. So then we decided to take it upstairs and try it in our older flat screen to see if it did the same thing. The sound at has been playing normally for about 1 hour without issue. Now I am really confused, the optic port has never been used on the newer nicer tv we were trying originally, any ideas

Klipsch RF-82II Floors
Klipsch RC-62II Center
Klipsch RS-42II Surrounds
SVS PB12-NSD Sub
Marantz SR7010 Receiver
2016 Vizio P65-C1
post #3 of 3 Old 01-05-2014, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm not a guru or anything like that, but obviously the problem is with the TV and not the soundbar. It sounds to me like a capacitor involved with the optical out on the TV is weak and when placed in service by connecting the soundbar to it works until it heats up and then fails. In other words a problem with a circuit board in the TV.

Just my .02 worth. Good luck on finding the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
Energy Power Bar Elite Soundbar With Wireless Subwoofer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page