Wiring Denon AVR-1912/Samsung 40D5000/Samsung HW-F450 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 12-26-2013, 01:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi everyone,

Just got the Samsung HW-F450 soundbar. I know it's not the best you could find but still, it's better than the TV speaker ;)

So here is my current setup :

Denon AVR-1912 http://usa.denon.com/us/Product/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?PCatId=AVSolutions(DenonNA)&CatId=AVReceivers(DenonNA)&Pid=AVR1912(DenonNA)

Samsung 40D5000 http://www.samsung.com/ie/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/led-tv/UE40D5000PKXXU-spec

Samsung HW-F450 http://www.samsung.com/ie/consumer/tv-audio-video/home-entertainment/soundbar/HW-F450/XU

The main issue is that eventhough I can play all HDMI device through my soundbar, I didn't manage to play the sound of the bulk Airplay/tuner/V.Aux of my Denon AVR-1912.

I tried 2 configurations :

1 : Denon AVR-1912 HDMI output => TV HDMI2 input & TV optical output => HW-F450 soundbar optical input. Denon set to TV mode.

2. Denon AVR-1912 HDMI output => HW-F450 soundbar HDMI input & HW-F450 soundbar HDMI output => TV HDMI2 input. Denon set to TV mode.

Same result in both case : I got sound for all HDMI device but no sound for Airplay/tuner/V.Aux. Moreover, sound volume of Denon amp isn't working, I have to control it with the HW-F450 soundbar.

So is there a way to make the Denon AVR-1912 bulk function Airplay/tuner/V.Aux go to my soundbar? (the Denon amp doesn't have an optical output)

Thanks in advance,

Olivier.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-26-2013, 04:14 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry for the duplicated thread :(

post #3 of 9 Old 12-26-2013, 04:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Maybe out of your headphone jack to an analog in on the sound bar. Honestly, with a receiver in the chain, I would probably would use a passive speaker bar and not a powered one. Any reason you didn't go this route? Or I would remove the receiver if possible.
supabib likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 12-26-2013, 04:47 AM - Thread Starter

1st of all, thanks for the reply. I made a bad assumption : I really thought that my Denon AVR-1912 had an optical output (I was so sure that I even did not take the time to look at its back).

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttlnb View Post

Maybe out of your headphone jack to an analog in on the sound bar. Honestly,

Wouldn't I lose all numeric benefits (DTS/Dolby....)?

Regarding passive soundbars, I looked at low budget soundbars and didn't find one :D

I can't possibly imagine getting rid of this amp, as this was a birthday present from my wife (she would divorce me :D).

post #5 of 9 Old 12-26-2013, 05:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Wouldn't I lose all numeric benefits (DTS/Dolby....)?

Ok I just realized how stupid this was : these "effects" don't apply to AirPlay/Aux/Tuner.

I'll give a try tonight thanks :)

post #6 of 9 Old 12-26-2013, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I would suggest getting rid of the Sasmung bar and get a passive one that works with the Denon. Having two different components that both have a volume control is not good. Here is the type of bar I am referring.

http://www.parts-express.com/bic-formula-fh56-bar-speaker-bar-system--303-442

http://www.atlantictechnology.com/default.asp?NodeId=162

http://www.definitivetech.com/products/sound-bars/

These type connect to the speaker terminals and are powered by your receiver.
supabib likes this.
post #7 of 9 Old 12-26-2013, 08:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Agreed with the above. I wouldn't recommend using an AVR and an active soundbar. If you must use the AVR, I would recommend a passive soundbar.
supabib likes this.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #8 of 9 Old 12-27-2013, 01:13 AM - Thread Starter

THanks for the advice. Now that I see better how all these work, I do agree with you, this sound bar wasn't a consistent choice. But for now I can't get rid of it as this is a christmas present (you can imagine how this would turn ;) ).

So for now the workaround (using headphone jack) will do the trick and next christmas, I'll sell the soundbar and buy a passive one :D

Thanks a lot,

Olivier (French inside, hope I was unsderstandable ;)  )

post #9 of 9 Old 12-27-2013, 03:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Is there any chance that you can use the soundbar on another TV? When you get your speaker situation taken care of, you can always just move the soundbar to another TV.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
Denon Avr 1912 Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page