Klipsch SB 3 Discontinued ??? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-19-2014, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I searched, and couldn't find any mention of this

Going to build a new house later this year, and planning to buy a soundbar to go with the TV we will also buy... can't buy now (garage is a mess of packing boxes) but listened to an SB3 in a store and decided that is the one we want for balance of sound and price

When I went to Amazon yesterday to add the link to my notes file for future purchase, the Amazon page says the SB3 is a discontinued model... and the Klipsch page does not indicate anything new that is comparable (and also does not say discontinued)

Does anyone have any information on what Klipsch is going to do to replace the SB3?

Or, an idea for a different soundbar with equal features at about the same $500 price? (or less?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-21-2014, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

Found a few possibilities, if the SB3 is not replaced by Klipsch... will keep looking, and checking for an SB3 replacement

$400 http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/ch.Speaker+Bar.Compare

$450 Sony HTCT660 4.5 stars at Best Buy

$400 http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-NB3740A-Subwoofer-Bluetooth/dp/B00IQ581DO

And, a bit above my comfortable spending limit
$700 http://www.amazon.com/PLAYBAR-Soundbar-Wireless-Speaker-Streaming/dp/B00AEMGGU2
post #3 of 5 Old 04-22-2014, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

Oh well, Amazon got it wrong... the SB3 http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Theater-Soundbar-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B0092QGSHM is NOT discontinued, according to Klipsch when I email to ask

So, I'll keep it in my buying spreadsheet for when we move
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-21-2020, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi, I have a Klipsch HD Theater SB 3...which has been great over the years, now the sub woofer has developed a 'rumble'.
I've tried changing power sockets etc...but can't discern the problem. *puzzled look*.
Anyone got any ideas...or have I got to chuck it?
Cheers Folks
Jimbo2907
post #5 of 5 Old 05-22-2020, 06:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John T Smith View Post
I searched, and couldn't find any mention of this<br><br>
Going to build a new house later this year, and planning to buy a soundbar to go with the TV we will also buy... can't buy now (garage is a mess of packing boxes) but listened to an SB3 in a store and decided that is the one we want for balance of sound and price<br><br>
When I went to Amazon yesterday to add the link to my notes file for future purchase, the Amazon page says the SB3 is a discontinued model... and the Klipsch page does not indicate anything new that is comparable (and also does not say discontinued)<br><br>
Does anyone have any information on what Klipsch is going to do to replace the SB3?<br><br>
Or, an idea for a different soundbar with equal features at about the same $500 price? (or less?)
The Klipsch R20-B, its no longer made but was/is the flagship soundbar for klipsch. I own one and its incredible. 10 inch wireless sub, 8 drivers, 3D surround sound. It sounds better than any other SB I test drove. You can still buy them new and they are a lot cheaper than they were. Down from 899 to 399-599 range
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page