GoldenEar SuperCinema 3D Array XL 5.1 System Official AVSForum Review - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 42Likes

Old 12-04-2014, 02:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
It was a 5.1 system that included a pair of satellite speakers. Or are you talking about that other soundbar, the BIC?
I mean the front stage of the GE soundbar. If 3 channels are within the span of 62" or so and you're let's say 10 feet away, they're hardly providing an experience of 3 discrete channels are they? Can you get much imaging or sound stage when the L and R drivers are so close together?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2014, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Mentioned: 425 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8812 Post(s)
Liked: 15472
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post
I mean the front stage of the GE soundbar. If 3 channels are within the span of 62" or so and you're let's say 10 feet away, they're hardly providing an experience of 3 discrete channels are they? Can you get much imaging or sound stage when the L and R drivers are so close together?
That's the whole trick. And it works. File under "you've got to hear it to believe it." My friends and my wife were all stunned by effectiveness of the ICC implementation. It definitely still works from ten feet away.
Done Deal DR likes this.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
Old 12-04-2014, 02:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Well if they did it successfully then good for them. I just have a hard time understanding how it could be done without in-room assistance. But like you said, I guess I have to "hear it to believe it".

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2014, 02:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
That's the whole trick. And it works. File under "you've got to hear it to believe it." My friends and my wife were all stunned by effectiveness of the ICC implementation. It definitely still works from ten feet away.
Agree, and even more so with the XL. My theater's mains are like 14 feet across, I'm not saying it's as spacious as that, but the GE array sound extends far past it's physical "footprint" and you can easily hear stereo separation if that's what the source intends.

It's one of those cases where the result is more than the obvious or apparent sum of parts, IMO of course.

Home Theater Build in Progress (Contemporary living room, Klipsch RF-7 II 5.2 audio, Sony VPL-HW50ES Projector, Da-Lite 16:9 159" HP, recessed Mid Atlantic rack, etc)
Old 12-05-2014, 03:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 1483
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando87 View Post
Yes, it is a pretty large speaker. Here is a picture of how mine is set up.

Regarding the 6.5 woofers, I don't know exactly either how they are being used. I do know that the bar has 3 Horn Tweeters, one on each actual side of the bar and one in the center between the woofer.

Supposedly the bar is good for 96dB, but I haven't even turned it more than once just to make sure I hooked it up right.

Not trying to hijack this thread at all, was just curious to see how it compared. I figured they were roughly the same concept but I don't think they are after what you mentioned.
You are confusing speaker sensitivity with max spl.....your soundbar is a high efficient soundbar per the specs
get educated here, https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-spe...l#post21490281

Quote:
  • Price (MSRP): $599/Each
  • Design: 625 wat 3 or 5 Discrete Channel Bar Speaker System with wall mounts
  • Frequency Response: 37Hz-23kHz
  • Sensitivity: 96dB @ 1 watt, 1 meter, high efficiency output to 116dB
  • Drivers: (2) 6 1/2" injection molded woofers, (3) 6 1/2" mid/high frequency horns, (2) 4 1/4" side mounted surrounds.
  • Magnetic Shielding: YES
  • Gold-Plated Terminals:YES
  • Recommended Power: 10- 125 watts RMS per channel, 625 watts peak power
  • Impedance: 8 ohms
  • Dimensions: 8"H x 43W x 7"D
  • Weight: 35 Pounds
Nice review Mark, you've opened up my eyes to using a "real" soundbar in my bedroom for improved sound, over my self-powered $89 Vizio 2.1 unit....I'll need to do some research on that.
My real issue is the 37" HDTV would be dwarfed by a 62" soundbar.....
Old 12-05-2014, 04:13 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpp8140 View Post
People like me don't have the room or want to maintain that clean minimalist look, but still want good sound in comparison to other soundbar/sub packages. It would be a challenge mounting 3 speakers below the tv vs one bar.

I'm leaning toward the self amplified Paradigm Soundscape because I don't want a receiver with wires sitting around either lol. I heard the smaller SuperCinema 3D Array X and was pleased compared to other soundbar/sub packages I've heard. It's tough to find one that also sounds good with music.
Your picture and situation is a reality for most of the population living in New England; older homes built before TVs were even invented.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:46 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post
You are confusing speaker sensitivity with max spl.....your soundbar is a high efficient soundbar per the specs
get educated here, https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-spe...l#post21490281

Nice review Mark, you've opened up my eyes to using a "real" soundbar in my bedroom for improved sound, over my self-powered $89 Vizio 2.1 unit....I'll need to do some research on that.
My real issue is the 37" HDTV would be dwarfed by a 62" soundbar.....
I have two of the visio sound bars. Boughtt both of mine for $65, open box. Great sound bar for the price. Especially for the bedroom or office.

Just to put the width of the Golden Ear (62”) into perspective my Samsung HU8550 60” TV is 57”, the 65” TV is 57” wide and the 75” TV is 66” wide.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 643 Post(s)
Liked: 541
I think there will be a ton of people who will be interested in this type of product i.e. a small footprint, high WAF design, while still delivering a quality surround sound experience... heck, if I could get rid of my Klipsch towers, I would free up enough space to replace my 70" with an 84", and have floor space for dual subs
bruinsrme and imagic like this.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:34 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
Your picture and situation is a reality for most of the population living in New England; older homes built before TVs were even invented.
I've made things a little worse by replacing the 55" in the picture with a 64.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I have the non-XL version of this soundbar. My main HT system has discrete speakers with a SVS sub and projector, but my second TV system has a ZT60 plasma and this soundbar placed in front of it.

For me, it’s perfect because
1) the speaker has a grille with a plastic lattice so even when my little one pokes at the speaker, the drivers are pretty much protected.
2) no speakers to knock over (they have replaced the Paradigm Studio bookshelves that are in storage for now) compared to the soundbar which is anchored in place.

For its purpose, it works great. The separation is not as good as my separate bookshelf speakers but it’s not bad either, I do hear some left to right panning (better than the TV’s built in speakers). It looks good and the mids are solid and dialogue is clear and understandable. I like that the tweeters are high quality, they sound detailed and never harsh or metallic, so they aren’t really slumming it much compared to the equally expensive Paradigm speakers I had before.
bruinsrme and Done Deal DR like this.

Certified Ultra Professional AVS Special Member Class A
Old 12-05-2014, 10:46 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke M View Post
I'm struggling to think of how this would save space or look better than 3 speakers of the same type (tiny horizontal speakers). With separate speakers, you could exactly match the size of your TV.

Since a centered listener is closer to the center speaker than left/right, they actually should not be at the same height. :-)

I have the non xl version and this is why you buy a soundbar:

My TV is at an angle away from the wall. Directly across from the tv is a fireplace so all the seating is in the corner (where I took the picture from). So in my case the only thing that will work is a soundbar. Separate speakers would not work in my case because there is no where to mount them or put them on the ground. I had an old receiver lying around so I figured why not go with something like the goldenear and I think it sounds amazing. Ideally I would have separate speakers and full setup but since I can not I am happy there is another option out there for someone like me that doesn't require too many compromises.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post
Well if they did it successfully then good for them. I just have a hard time understanding how it could be done without in-room assistance. But like you said, I guess I have to "hear it to believe it".
I've heard it and I believed it enough to buy one on the spot. I had been planning to demo one last month but didn't have a chance until yesterday. I'm moving into a condo and had to sell my 5.1 system due to lack of room. A sound bar seemed like a good choice and the reviews I read about the GE X were positive enough that I thought it would be something I'd be happy with. I still doubted that it would sound as good as people said. It does, though. It's kinda amazing hearing a sound bar produce what sounded like a discrete system with pretty good imaging, to boot. It sounded good without the sub but after switching back and forth between sub and no sub it's pretty clear that it needs a sub for the low end. I'm planning on pairing it with an SVS SB1000 instead of the GE sub.

Last edited by RolandOG; 12-12-2014 at 08:17 AM.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandOG View Post
I've heard it and I believed it enough to buy one on the spot. I had been planning to demo one last month but didn't have a chance until yesterday. I'm moving into a condo and had to sell my 5.1 system due to lack of room. A sound bar seemed like a good choice and the reviews I read about the GE X were positive enough that I thought it would be something I'd be happy with. I still doubted that it would sound as good as people said. It does, though. It's kinda amazing hearing a sound bar produce what sounded like a discrete system with pretty good imaging, to boot. It sounded good without the sub but after switching back and forth between sub and no sub it's pretty clear that it needs a sub for the low end. I'm planning on pairing it with an SVS SB1000 instead of the GE sub.
As it happens, I have a SB1000 in for review right now, and I can confirm it's a good combination with the 3D Array. I also have a SB2000 and that's even better, albeit more expensive. But neither sub measures up to the even more expensive ForceField 5 I'm using—that thing is a real powerhouse considering its size.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
Old 12-13-2014, 08:38 AM
Advanced Member

Late this past week I got my SVS PC-2000 in and am absolutely delighted with how well it pairs with my GE Array X in my bedroom. I don't doubt that a Forcefield 5 would have done a great job either (and be substantially smaller!), but the PC-2000 has really transformed my GE like I had hoped. Bass in music sounds very natural and full (but not bloated), and it will shake the house in movies. The subwoofer itself is rock solid and I haven't heard any port noise, case noise, and the built in isolation feet prevent it from rattling on my hardwood floors (I make no mistake of thinking it helps with sound escaping to neighbors). In any case, a good subwoofer is absolutely essential to the GE or any soundbar and I think it's a big advantage to the sound bars that aren't powered to be able to select your own AVR and subwoofer and calibrate it to your liking with Audyssey or likewise. As I'm sure other owners will attest to, the GE folded ribbons are amazing, and combine that with a quality subwoofer and you really have a great system that even the snobbiest of people will have to admit sounds great for TV, movies and surprisingly but perhaps most of all, music.

mbroadus likes this.

Home Theater Build in Progress (Contemporary living room, Klipsch RF-7 II 5.2 audio, Sony VPL-HW50ES Projector, Da-Lite 16:9 159" HP, recessed Mid Atlantic rack, etc)
Old 12-13-2014, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Done Deal DR View Post
Late this past week I got my SVS PC-2000 in and am absolutely delighted with how well it pairs with my GE Array X in my bedroom. I don't doubt that a Forcefield 5 would have done a great job either (and be substantially smaller!), but the PC-2000 has really transformed my GE like I had hoped. Bass in music sounds very natural and full (but not bloated), and it will shake the house in movies. The subwoofer itself is rock solid and I haven't heard any port noise, case noise, and the built in isolation feet prevent it from rattling on my hardwood floors (I make no mistake of thinking it helps with sound escaping to neighbors). In any case, a good subwoofer is absolutely essential to the GE or any soundbar and I think it's a big advantage to the sound bars that aren't powered to be able to select your own AVR and subwoofer and calibrate it to your liking with Audyssey or likewise. As I'm sure other owners will attest to, the GE folded ribbons are amazing, and combine that with a quality subwoofer and you really have a great system that even the snobbiest of people will have to admit sounds great for TV, movies and surprisingly but perhaps most of all, music.

As it happens, I have a PC2000 review unit on its way. I'll be able to offer some perspective on how it stacks up versus the ForceField 5. I also have a pair of JL AUdio E-Sub e112s on the way, and I'm curious how the 3D Array XL will sound with a pair of those (considerably more expensive) subwoofers. I also happen to know that GoldenEar has something special planned for introduction at CES, but that's all I can say for now.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
Old 12-13-2014, 09:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
As it happens, I have a PC2000 review unit on its way. I'll be able to offer some perspective on how it stacks up versus the ForceField 5. I also have a pair of JL AUdio E-Sub e112s on the way, and I'm curious how the 3D Array XL will sound with a pair of those (considerably more expensive) subwoofers. I also happen to know that GoldenEar has something special planned for introduction at CES, but that's all I can say for now.
I'm looking forward to hearing those comparisons! I'd be very surprised if you didn't like the GE/PC-2000 combination.

I spoke with Sandy a month or so back and I'm pretty sure I know what the introduction will be as well, but likewise promised I would keep a tight lip on it. I will say that it makes my decision tougher whether to stay with my Klipsch system for my theater or go to a GE set up, as one of my main concerns seems to be rectified with this release. I love the GE sound profile... it seems like you're on the bandwagon as well.
imagic likes this.

Old 12-13-2014, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Quote:
I'm looking forward to hearing those comparisons! I'd be very surprised if you didn't like the GE/PC-2000 combination.

I spoke with Sandy a month or so back and I'm pretty sure I know what the introduction will be as well, but likewise promised I would keep a tight lip on it. I will say that it makes my decision tougher whether to stay with my Klipsch system for my theater or go to a GE set up, as one of my main concerns seems to be rectified with this release. I love the GE sound profile... it seems like you're on the bandwagon as well.
That is correct. It sounds just right to my ears.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
Old 12-13-2014, 11:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Hopefully a self-ampified 3D array x to keep me from buying an ebay special paradigm soundscape
Old 12-14-2014, 02:08 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Didn't see this topic till now but nice reviews in this topic

I can totally understand the reason for making a passive version of a soundbar. For me the freedom of choice how you want to go with your setup is great. With a good AV-receiver you will have all the sound formats you need and you can play with all the settings as we are used to.

On the other hand I can understand the bashing by some people of a passive one. The ease of installing an active soundbar and not having to break your head on which amplifier, etc. A good quality active soundbar is going into the direction of, for example, B&O Beolab 5. It does all the things for you including room measurements and corrections.

I'm very curious ti know how two super subs like a pair of JL AUdio E-Sub e112s will do in combination with the 3D array of GoldenEar. When the GE can focus on everything but the low level sounds will it sound even better? With floorstands this often is a fact.

So, can't wait for that review Mark Keep us posted.
imagic likes this.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
As it happens, I have a SB1000 in for review right now, and I can confirm it's a good combination with the 3D Array. I also have a SB2000 and that's even better, albeit more expensive. But neither sub measures up to the even more expensive ForceField 5 I'm using?that thing is a real powerhouse considering its size.
That's great to hear. I'm sure it doesn't beat the other two subs but given that I'm in a condo that might not be a bad thing for my installation. I can't rumble the house like those two would allow me to do.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I have a question for my fellow GE owners. I finally had a chance to set up and play around with my SuperCinema X tonight and I'm a bit disappointed in the sound. I can still hear the separation like in the store but overall the sound is, well, dull. It's lacking the clarity that I really liked in the demo. I've never been a believer in the 'speaker break-in' period but I'm wondering if any of you had the speakers sound improve from initial use to now.

I don't have a sub yet so all the bass is going to the SC3DAX. It's not the bass coming from it that's bothering me; it's the lack of detail and clarity. Did any of you play around with and without a sub and notice a difference beyond bass levels?

I'm powering it with a Marantz SR7002, which is a warm to neutral amp, IMO. It went wonderfully with my Klipsch. Maybe the GE likes a brighter sounding amp? IIRC, the store demo'd it with either an Anthem or maybe an Integra unit. I wasn't paying much attention to that, even though I should have.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I have a question for my fellow GE owners. I finally had a chance to set up and play around with my SuperCinema X tonight and I'm a bit disappointed in the sound. I can still hear the separation like in the store but overall the sound is, well, dull. It's lacking the clarity that I really liked in the demo. I've never been a believer in the 'speaker break-in' period but I'm wondering if any of you had the speakers sound improve from initial use to now.

I don't have a sub yet so all the bass is going to the SC3DAX. It's not the bass coming from it that's bothering me; it's the lack of detail and clarity. Did any of you play around with and without a sub and notice a difference beyond bass levels?

I'm powering it with a Marantz SR7002, which is a warm to neutral amp, IMO. It went wonderfully with my Klipsch. Maybe the GE likes a brighter sounding amp? IIRC, the store demo'd it with either an Anthem or maybe an Integra unit. I wasn't paying much attention to that, even though I should have.
I'm not a big speaker break in guy, but I felt it noticeably sounded better after a brief period, maybe a day. That said, the 3d Array absolutely requires a subwoofer, the sound won't be balanced without one. I'm powering it with a receiver down a couple notches from yours, a Denon AVR-X2100, so I don't think that's the problem.

What do you have the crossover set at? I've found between 100-120hz to be ideal, I currently have it set at 120hz. I'm also assuming you have run Audyssey? If you're still using the Klipsch configuration that'd be a problem. How large is the room?

I have a Klipsch system in my theater and I'm very familiar with its sonic signature. The 3D Array won't have the same sort of clarity, in fact I'd personally classify all GE speakers I've heard as fairly laid back. I'm not saying they aren't accurate, clear, or have proper clarity, it's just a more mellow sound compared to the on edge Klipsch sonic signature. For me that was ideal for a bedroom setting, and it's a toss up for me on which speakers I enjoy listening to music on more, Klipsch RF7 II's or the 3D Array. Very different experiences.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm not a big speaker break in guy, but I felt it noticeably sounded better after a brief period, maybe a day. That said, the 3d Array absolutely requires a subwoofer, the sound won't be balanced without one. I'm powering it with a receiver down a couple notches from yours, a Denon AVR-X2100, so I don't think that's the problem.

What do you have the crossover set at? I've found between 100-120hz to be ideal, I currently have it set at 120hz. I'm also assuming you have run Audyssey? If you're still using the Klipsch configuration that'd be a problem. How large is the room?

I have a Klipsch system in my theater and I'm very familiar with its sonic signature. The 3D Array won't have the same sort of clarity, in fact I'd personally classify all GE speakers I've heard as fairly laid back. I'm not saying they aren't accurate, clear, or have proper clarity, it's just a more mellow sound compared to the on edge Klipsch sonic signature. For me that was ideal for a bedroom setting, and it's a toss up for me on which speakers I enjoy listening to music on more, Klipsch RF7 II's or the 3D Array. Very different experiences.
Thanks for the reply.

I have the crossover set at 80hz and speakers set to Large seeing as I don't have a sub yet. Maybe I'll try it at 120 and set the speakers to small and see how it changes the sound.

I reset the receiver from the Klipsch setup prior to posting here. The room is 13'x20'x7.5'. I'm not trying to fill the room with sound, though. I'm in a condo so I can't play it too loud.

The more I think about it, the more I think it's a matter of sonic signature. I've been listening to Klipsch for 25 years and I'm not used to a laid back speaker. I suspect that after I get a sub I'll be following it up with a new receiver. Is there a popular receiver match with GE? Yamaha, Anthem and Integra come to mind as brighter sounding receivers.
Old 12-27-2014, 08:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

I have the crossover set at 80hz and speakers set to Large seeing as I don't have a sub yet. Maybe I'll try it at 120 and set the speakers to small and see how it changes the sound.

I reset the receiver from the Klipsch setup prior to posting here. The room is 13'x20'x7.5'. I'm not trying to fill the room with sound, though. I'm in a condo so I can't play it too loud.

The more I think about it, the more I think it's a matter of sonic signature. I've been listening to Klipsch for 25 years and I'm not used to a laid back speaker. I suspect that after I get a sub I'll be following it up with a new receiver. Is there a popular receiver match with GE? Yamaha, Anthem and Integra come to mind as brighter sounding receivers.
I do think it will help tremendously adding a subwoofer. When I first installed mine I didn't have a subwoofer connected and of course it was lacking because it's not able to play low frequencies well, I mean there is even some spoken voice in that frequency range. Then I went and grabbed a spare Klipsch RW-12D subwoofer to use which is pretty mediocre, my experience was vastly improved by going to a better subwoofer in a SVS PC-2000. Bass is tighter, deeper, very musical and blends much better.

Right now you're asking it to play frequencies that it really can't play, I suspect this is distorting the sounds it is able to play, in turn making it seem like it is lacking clarity. Then again it's entirely possible you're just very used to the Klipsch sound. Setting the crossover at 120hz with a quality subwoofer and running Audyssey should help a lot. I think your receiver is up to par and don't think it's that, but it's got a few years on it. If you're lacking features you want then I'd upgrade it, but you have a quality receiver with plenty of power so I don't think it will notiiceably improve the sound.

Old 12-28-2014, 06:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

The subwoofer is on the "to buy" list. Hopefully that will resolve what I'm hearing but if not then I'm going to update the receiver as well. I've been wanting to add streaming capability so this is an excuse. I think Yamaha might be a good match. I used to run one with the Klipsch and it was a ridiculously bright combo. Assuming their current receivers have a similar sound I think it would probably pair well with the GE. I do see that Marantz is recommended as a good match so we'll see how the subwoofer impacts the overall sound of my current setup.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:38 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Sub'd

I have a 20'x18' living room with a 10' ceiling. I am looking for a good soundbar, and have this in mind. I don't have alot of AV experience but need better sound mostly for TV. I have a panny 60"gt plasma that has terrible audible. I also have a hardly used Sonance "son of sub" that I can use as my sub. My question is because it is available to use does that translate into "can it be used effectively" and is it possible to use? I also would like to use in wall speakers for surrounds. The walls I would use them in are 2x3 construction, so they can't be deep.
Any suggestions or help are greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Rich
Old 01-06-2015, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Any recommendations on a soundbar of this quality that doesn't need a separate receiver?

The whole idea of going to a soundbar from a full 5.1/7.1 tower system is because I want my living room to look like a living room again, and not a theater room...
Old 01-07-2015, 07:17 AM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVAV View Post
Any recommendations on a soundbar of this quality that doesn't need a separate receiver?

The whole idea of going to a soundbar from a full 5.1/7.1 tower system is because I want my living room to look like a living room again, and not a theater room...

I have the paradigm soundscape paired to a svs pc2000 sub. No complaints. You can also check out the monitor audio & b & w offerings. During my research the paradigm blew away the competition and I haven't been disappointed
Old 01-09-2015, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just purchased the GE X not XL. Paired with polk rc65i rears and denon AVR S900-W. How would the SVS PC12-NSD sub work with this?
Thanks
Rich
Old 01-12-2015, 02:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs414 View Post
Just purchased the GE X not XL. Paired with polk rc65i rears and denon AVR S900-W. How would the SVS PC12-NSD sub work with this?
Thanks
Rich
I'd imagine pretty well, as long as you can keep the subwoofer fairly close to the GE for imaging purposes.

I have almost the exact same set up in my bedroom, with a GE 3D Array X and Denon AVR-X2100W (which inside is identical to the S900W but with one grade higher Audyssey), and recently paired it with a SVS PC-2000. It's everything I could ask for in my application... TV dialog is now easily understood, movies have impact and music is so much more than you'd think possible with a soundbar. Without a subwoofer the GE would sound pretty flat, given it starts tapering off pretty substantially around about 120hz.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
frontpage , Goldenear , soundbar