Yamaha - Are they at CES? Or other sound bar announcements? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-05-2015, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Yamaha - Are they at CES? Or other sound bar announcements?

I've decided to go with the Yamaha YSP-2500 soundbar instead of a traditional surround sound system. Since we were so close to CES I thought I better hold off and see if anything new/better comes out or if they lower the price on it due to new products etc. But I haven't seen anything mentioning them there. Any idea if and when they will make an appearance?

Any other potential 7.1+ surround sound bars from popular/good companies expected to make an appearance other then Samsungs curved bar thing (I don't have a curved tv)?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-06-2015, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Sony announced a few new ones: http://store.sony.com/ces-2015-home-...y-ces-2015-hav

HT-ST9 might be what you are interested in...
post #3 of 6 Old 01-06-2015, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireballz View Post
Sony announced a few new ones: http://store.sony.com/ces-2015-home-...y-ces-2015-hav

HT-ST9 might be what you are interested in...
Yes, that is one I'd be interested in

Hope they let some magazines or something get their hands on it soon to compare against the Yamaha. Wonder what the price point will be too.

Wish these guys would include Apple Airplay in the stupid things. I know they have bluetooth and I think you can use their apps to play music etc from but I'd like to just use my iOS Airplay button The older Yamaha (or samsung) models had it I believe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-07-2015, 10:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
soundbars at CES

Any word on whether or not the Pioneer Elite SP-ESB53W Soundbar that was in prototype phase has become a reality at CES 2015?
post #5 of 6 Old 01-10-2015, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Well, Amazon put the YSP-2500 at a price today that I couldn't refuse! Only $631 saving $367! I'm very nervous because I have not heard the sound-bar and everybody on here seems to claim they have a sound you need to hear in-person to judge if you'll like it or not. BUT, I haven't had a sound system for YEARS and the only sound I have right now is coming out of my new 65 inch samsung tv. It's impressive for a tv 1 inch thick perhaps but movies like Star Wars made me want to cry because it just couldn't handle all those sounds at the same time and any kind of bass.

I also haven't listened to ANY sound bars or sound systems at any stores.

So, it would probably have to be pretty bad for me NOT to be impressed compared to my current situation and unknowing of other sound offerings. I'm just hoping the surround sound is semi-convincing. We have a square living room for the most part so it seems like a pretty good match as far as that goes.

Fingers crossed and I'll report back but if anyone else is looking for the 2500 then I'd jump on that Amazon deal while you can. It's a pretty good price. I've seen others discounted a lot but they are not from places I trust and this ships right from Amazon which I've had good luck with.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-10-2015, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 13
That is a great price, please report back once you have had some time with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page