I need help w/ audio on my Soundbar: - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-03-2016, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question I need help w/ audio on my Soundbar:

This Christmas I got myself a Samsung Smart TV, a Oppo BDP-103D bluray player, and a VIZIO SB4051-C0 40-Inch 5.1 Channel Sound Bar. I initially set up the system w/ an HDMI cable connecting the bluray player to the TV, and another HDMI connecting the TV to the sound bar via the HDMI-ARC connection. Everything worked fine, but I read in the Oppo manual that you can get better audio by connecting the Oppo to the TV and the sound source separately because the processor can then send the A/V over two signals instead of one.

So today I tried connecting the Oppo's HDMI Out 1 connection to the TV and the HDMI Out 2 connection to the Sound Bar's HDMI In. Meanwhile, the TV stayed as is. I got no sound when I turned on a movie. I tried unplugging the TV's HDMI connection to the sound bar, and hooked the HDMI 2 from the Oppo into the HDMI-ARC, still no sound.

Is there something I need to adjust on the settings? I tried adjusting the sound bar's input between the two HDMI settings, still nothing. Should I also try posting this in the TV or bluray player forums?

Thank you for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
Oppo , Samsung , sound bar , troubleshooting , Vizio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page