2016 Vizio SmartCast sound bars - Page 34 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 228Likes

post #991 of 1663 Old 10-05-2016, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by joolz26 View Post
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but with by SB4551-D5 connected to the TV via HDMI-ARC, when I turn the TV off, obviously the Soundbar turns of immediately, however later on when I turn the TV back on, the soundbar turns back on but fails to pair back to the Sub automatically, how do we fix this?

BTW: I have reset to factory numerous times.
You should call Vizio support. Assuming you've reset the Sound Bar many times it sounds like you SB is defective if so Vizio will send you a new one.

Vizio M75-C1 Go Big or Go Home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 1663 Old 10-07-2016, 07:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 817
Small annoyance: When I turn my P65 on it takes a couple seconds for the soundbar to come on. This usually results in a slight but noticeable audio delay. If I simply mute then unmute it syncs up perfectly. This is the first device I've used ARC with, is this a normal drawback to using it, and would optical be better?
post #993 of 1663 Old 10-07-2016, 09:11 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkachin View Post
Ah...It is as I thought. It is not true 5.1 but a pseudo 5.1 whereby the sound "emphasizes" at the appropriate time. My guess is their thinking was that the system is too small to have discrete channels.
No, it's because of the wireless soundbar to sub/satellites connection, and bandwidth issues. It was surmised from the earlier models (like my SB4051-C0) that the bar combines both rear channels into one channel to transmit to the subwoofer wirelessly. The subwoofer re-processes that signal into the LR & RR channels to send to the satellites. Because this process isn't perfect, it results in some cross-talk between the LR & RR channels, as people have noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntenseImage View Post
Can anyone confirm that I did my setup correctly ... When I tried the Disney WOW disc the 5.1 test was playing both rears together.
Does the sound "mostly" come from the proper side? Unless Vizio completely re-did their 5.1 bars for 2016, some crosstalk between the rears seems to be inherent in the design.

On mine, it's really only noticeable from test patterns. With real content, the channel separation is still good enough to get a true 5.1 surround effect.

Quote:
I have my TiVo ran into my XBox One S ... The XB1S is then connected to HDMI 2 on my P75-C1. I have the HDMI 1 port (ARC) connected to the sound bar.

Audio setting on the XB1S is Bitstream/Dolby Digital ... The TV audio out is set to Auto
If the P75 will pass DD bitstream over ARC, that should work. If it doesn't, you'll wind up with downmixed stereo @ the soundbar with this setup. I don't own a P75, so I don't know offhand what audio formats it will/will not pass over HDMI ARC.
_spasm_ likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #994 of 1663 Old 10-07-2016, 09:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1788 Post(s)
Liked: 1143
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXpilot View Post
No, it's because of the wireless soundbar to sub/satellites connection, and bandwidth issues. It was surmised from the earlier models (like my SB4051-C0) that the bar combines both rear channels into one channel to transmit to the subwoofer wirelessly. The subwoofer re-processes that signal into the LR & RR channels to send to the satellites. Because this process isn't perfect, it results in some cross-talk between the LR & RR channels, as people have noted.
Incorrect.

See Snowbob's earlier post after researching it with Vizio. The company "tuned the 5.1 sound" on the new bars. My 2014 54 inch Vizio, with speakers wired to the sub (same architecture) plays discreet channels per the Disney Worlds of Wonder test audio disc and isn't "tuned".
post #995 of 1663 Old 10-07-2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
See Snowbob's earlier post after researching it with Vizio. The company "tuned the 5.1 sound" on the new bars. My 2014 54 inch Vizio, with speakers wired to the sub (same architecture) plays discreet channels per the Disney Worlds of Wonder test audio disc and isn't "tuned".
I stand corrected, then. I always presumed they were doing it because of technical/cost limitations to minimize the bandwidth going between the sub and main bar, not that they actively added it as a desired processing effect.

I wonder when they decided to 'tune' things; my SB4051-C0 (2015 model, large box sub) definitely exhibits crosstalk, but only on the rear channels. And it also exhibits the 'focus' alluded to by Vizio, where the sound is certainly louder coming from the intended channel, and only heard softly through the other.

Very curious.
post #996 of 1663 Old 10-08-2016, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Just got the 40" version of the new smartcast soundbar 5.1 system, excited that these will work with the new Google Home when that releases. Question though when casting from my P55 to this using HDMI-ARC, is bitstream, PCM, Dolby D, or Auto best, and is the best setting different when using something like casting Netflix vs PS4 games/movies? Looking for the best quality surround sound with the least amount of compression and still discrete channels obviously. Is there any drawback in quality to using optical (DD+ still?) besides no PCM support?
post #997 of 1663 Old 10-09-2016, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon11 View Post
Just got the 40" version of the new smartcast soundbar 5.1 system, excited that these will work with the new Google Home when that releases. Question though when casting from my P55 to this using HDMI-ARC, is bitstream, PCM, Dolby D, or Auto best, and is the best setting different when using something like casting Netflix vs PS4 games/movies? Looking for the best quality surround sound with the least amount of compression and still discrete channels obviously. Is there any drawback in quality to using optical (DD+ still?) besides no PCM support?
Since PCM is 2.0, I would go with DD.

LG OLED65B6P
Denon X3400H, Denafrips Ares II
KEF LS50. KEF Kube8b, KEF R200c, KEF R50
post #998 of 1663 Old 10-09-2016, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigxboss View Post
I'm in the market for one too.

Looking at the 45" flat subwoofer one or 40" cube sub one.

Is there a huge difference?

good question. did you ever decide? i still havent pulled the trigger.

Do these do 4K passthrough?
post #999 of 1663 Old 10-09-2016, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurob12 View Post

Excellent question. I've been trying to discover this also. I've searched the Vizio website and even downloaded the manual. No mention is ever made of the HDMI capabilities.

LG OLED65B6P
post #1000 of 1663 Old 10-09-2016, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:

Unlikely, and on my TV the ARC input doesn't support 4K anyway.
post #1001 of 1663 Old 10-10-2016, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Been reading through the last few pages of issues people have encountered and had a few questions:

1)For me this is a bedroom setup....I have only my laptop I want to connect to this. The laptop outputs HDMI but the TV doesn't support ARC. So am I accurate in assuming I can go Laptop --> HDMI IN to Soundbar --> HDMI OUT from soundbar --> TV?

2)Any word from Vizio or anyone else on the issues that SnowBob identified with these devices not outputting discrete 5.1 sound? What's the point of having a computer that can output 5.1 and content that you can play in 5.1 if your soundbar is not going to respect it? I want to know if this is something they intend to fix via firmware or is it just the way they want it?

3)Sound issues (static, dropping volume in wireless speakers etc). Has that been resolved via firmware updates yet? If not do they have a roadmap for its fix.

Basically I love the price point of these for a bedroom setup but if it doesn't work properly (and never will) I'm not interested and will look elsewhere

thanks gang!

TV: Sony XBR65A1E
RECEIVER: Denon 4200W
SPEAKER SETUP: 5.1.2
FRONT/CENTER/REAR: Paradigm CI-PRO P80-IW (in-wall)
SUB: Paradigm Seismic 110
ATMOS: Paradigm CI-PRO P80 (in-ceiling)
post #1002 of 1663 Old 10-11-2016, 07:30 AM

Just a heads-up. Amazon has the VIZIO S5451w-C2 (refurbished) as one of their "Deals of the Day" for $250.
I was going to order it, until I realized this older model doesn't support SmartCast.

LG OLED65B6P
post #1003 of 1663 Old 10-11-2016, 05:36 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Seems to be working well now after a few returns and firmware updates.

Mobile app still refuses to work properly or pair via Bluetooth or wifi on my s7.

And when turning on using HDMI arc my Sony x850d TV seems to have issues detecting that the sound bar is connected. It will turn the sound bar on and say "switching to external speakers" which is normal. Then it will say " no external speakers found using TV speakers" then it will say " switching to external speakers " then back to "no sound system found" then finally "switching to external speakers". During this there is no sound swaps or annoyances it seems to be outputting from the Vizio unit the whole time. This didn't happen with earlier firmware versions and feels like something in 1.0.0.8 causing the issue. It works its just odd and annoying.

Scratch that it failed to switch over to the Vizio unit and I had to manually change from TV to external speakers s. Their arc detection needs some fixing. I was getting double sound from both speakers TV and soundbars.

Last edited by Boonta; 10-11-2016 at 08:52 PM.
post #1004 of 1663 Old 10-11-2016, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu7x7 View Post
Been reading through the last few pages of issues people have encountered and had a few questions:

1)For me this is a bedroom setup....I have only my laptop I want to connect to this. The laptop outputs HDMI but the TV doesn't support ARC. So am I accurate in assuming I can go Laptop --> HDMI IN to Soundbar --> HDMI OUT from soundbar --> TV?

2)Any word from Vizio or anyone else on the issues that SnowBob identified with these devices not outputting discrete 5.1 sound? What's the point of having a computer that can output 5.1 and content that you can play in 5.1 if your soundbar is not going to respect it? I want to know if this is something they intend to fix via firmware or is it just the way they want it?

3)Sound issues (static, dropping volume in wireless speakers etc). Has that been resolved via firmware updates yet? If not do they have a roadmap for its fix.

Basically I love the price point of these for a bedroom setup but if it doesn't work properly (and never will) I'm not interested and will look elsewhere

thanks gang!
I basically use the older 40" SB4051-CO in my bedroom attached to my 47" Vizio HDTV from 2011 that has 0 arc ports and yeah 1 is basically how it connects. Laptop/desktop/consoles to HDMI in on the soundbar then The ARC port out to my non arc HDTV. I dont need the smartcast feature since I use my Laptop and/or Desktop for watching movies and playing games as well as my PS3/WiiU for gaming as well on the 47" HDTV. It works perfectly in my bedroom and that is where I see a soundbar like these really shining compared to a full AVR+Speaker setup that is taking more time and money to get working and leaving wires hanging around the bedroom. Soundbar is under my TV and sub is back near the bed with the rear speakers on a couple of end tables pointed inwards with the wires hidden between the wall and bed/tables without wires running front to back in the way of the doors and walking around. So yeah this is why I was looking for a soundbar in the first place better sound then what the TV provides and 5.1 as well to boot for both gaming and watching movies/tv shows. I love my Vizio SB.
post #1005 of 1663 Old 10-11-2016, 11:15 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I've found on other forums these don't support 4k passthrough.

That said, if my setup is an Xbox One S with FioS STB going through it connected to HDMI on my samsung JS8500, could I just use optical to connect to it and get the improved sound w/o use of the HDMI ports on the sound bar? If so, would I still get the benefit of the better sound from a 4K blu-ray through the Xbox One S?

Found this article...http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/Do...tra-HDTV.shtml

This makes it sound like it would work, just curious if the sound will be as good using this method.
post #1006 of 1663 Old 10-12-2016, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:

That said, if my setup is an Xbox One S with FioS STB going through it connected to HDMI on my samsung JS8500, could I just use optical to connect to it and get the improved sound w/o use of the HDMI ports on the sound bar? If so, would I still get the benefit of the better sound from a 4K blu-ray through the Xbox One S?

Found this article...http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/Do...tra-HDTV.shtml

This makes it sound like it would work, just curious if the sound will be as good using this method.
You can't get True HD through optical, though I doubt you'd be able to tell a difference with a soundbar anyway.
post #1007 of 1663 Old 10-13-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Wow, that's really surprising, given that 4k UHD HDR is the new breakout feature for 2016 TV models.

What's more, on Vizio's M-series TVs, only HDMI 1 supports 4k/HDR10 (only HDMI 2.0a input), but it's also the ARC input. That means owners of M series TVs and smartcast soundbars are going to have to pick between using ARC, and being able to watch 4K HDR10 source material (UHD BD players).

Has it been confirmed that the 2016 SmartCast soundbars really don't pass 4K (HDMI 2.2/2.0a)?
TVinator likes this.
post #1008 of 1663 Old 10-14-2016, 10:01 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprandini View Post
Are you on iOS or Android? What version of the Spotify app is working? I just tested last night and still having the same issue. I'm on Android so updates may lag behind iOS. Would really like to get this resolved. Thanks.

Still broke for me too. i can now select the sound bars from the spotify app but it sounds terrible.

Theres a spotify support thread out there i cant link where people are experiencing the same issues.
post #1009 of 1663 Old 10-14-2016, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Originally bought last years 38" Vizio model a few weeks ago from Target. It was nice, sounded good, good 5.1 surrround but the sub fluttered sometimes with heavy bass watching a movie or playing X360. Ended up returning it a couple days aago before the 30 days was up after finding out it was last years model and the sub thing and then researched the newer models.

Fast forward to today...I picked up the SB4551-D5 (45" 5.1 system) today from Best Buy for about $498.00 out the door price matched to Sam's Club at $399 and the 4 year Geek Squad Plan for $69. I hate buying plans but 4 years and reading some reviews of units breaking after a year or so I rather have piece of mind.

So far using it a few hours playing the ol' Xbox 360 I had no sound drop outs. I have the sub under my couch and adds a nice rumble to the couch. I was surprised to see that the bar and rears speakers were a lot smaller than the old 38" 2015 model. Sound wise they both sound pretty much the same to me clarity wise. The sub though seems a lot better. Have it tucked under my couch. Adds a nice rumble to the couch while gaming or watching a movie. Haven't heard bass distortion yet but not sure if it will be a little harder to hear since its under me instead of out in the corner of the room like the cube from the older model was. Playing Black Ops 2 sounded pretty cool.

Only issue I'm having with it is I can't seem to get 5.1 working correctly. Speaker test is all good but there's a specific part of Avatar I watch to hear if the speakers are working correctly. On the 2015 38" model I heard the sounds coming from where they're supposed to. But on this new 45" model I don't hear the sounds like they're supposed to sound. I have the latest firmware. I have it connected thru the HDMI ARC option. Tried out the Optical option to like I had the 2015 model set and still its not playing right.

Am I missing a setting here or something? I believe I have it all set up right. The old model i didn't adjust anything..it just worked.
post #1010 of 1663 Old 10-14-2016, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by vice86 View Post
Originally bought last years 38" Vizio model a few weeks ago from Target. It was nice, sounded good, good 5.1 surrround but the sub fluttered sometimes with heavy bass watching a movie or playing X360. Ended up returning it a couple days aago before the 30 days was up after finding out it was last years model and the sub thing and then researched the newer models.

Fast forward to today...I picked up the SB4551-D5 (45" 5.1 system) today from Best Buy for about $498.00 out the door price matched to Sam's Club at $399 and the 4 year Geek Squad Plan for $69. I hate buying plans but 4 years and reading some reviews of units breaking after a year or so I rather have piece of mind.

So far using it a few hours playing the ol' Xbox 360 I had no sound drop outs. I have the sub under my couch and adds a nice rumble to the couch. I was surprised to see that the bar and rears speakers were a lot smaller than the old 38" 2015 model. Sound wise they both sound pretty much the same to me clarity wise. The sub though seems a lot better. Have it tucked under my couch. Adds a nice rumble to the couch while gaming or watching a movie. Haven't heard bass distortion yet but not sure if it will be a little harder to hear since its under me instead of out in the corner of the room like the cube from the older model was. Playing Black Ops 2 sounded pretty cool.

Only issue I'm having with it is I can't seem to get 5.1 working correctly. Speaker test is all good but there's a specific part of Avatar I watch to hear if the speakers are working correctly. On the 2015 38" model I heard the sounds coming from where they're supposed to. But on this new 45" model I don't hear the sounds like they're supposed to sound. I have the latest firmware. I have it connected thru the HDMI ARC option. Tried out the Optical option to like I had the 2015 model set and still its not playing right.

Am I missing a setting here or something? I believe I have it all set up right. The old model i didn't adjust anything..it just worked.

I really don't think the new sound bar is actual 5.1. When I do speaker test it does show all channels working the way they should but any 5.1 test makes the rears output the same sound . I've read elsewhere that it was done purposefully to give a fuller sound . But it's annoying . I would like true 5.1 .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #1011 of 1663 Old 10-14-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbuchanan813 View Post
I really don't think the new sound bar is actual 5.1. When I do speaker test it does show all channels working the way they should but any 5.1 test makes the rears output the same sound . I've read elsewhere that it was done purposefully to give a fuller sound . But it's annoying . I would like true 5.1 .

well that's friggin stupid. Why have 5.1 on the box then?? Sounds of creatures are supposed to be coming from behind me and they're not. If this is actually how they work then these things are going back. Will research a little more before boxing them back up.
post #1012 of 1663 Old 10-15-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
well that's friggin stupid. Why have 5.1 on the box then?? Sounds of creatures are supposed to be coming from behind me and they're not. If this is actually how they work then these things are going back. Will research a little more before boxing them back up.
From what I understand this is what Vizio calls their "tuned" sound for the rear speakers. It's really only one channel for both speakers. Crazy - right?
I just bought and returned the SB4051-D5. While the sound quality was okay, I had a couple of issues that were a show-stoppers for me. The boomy subwoofer that many people mentioned in their reviews was very apparent (even in the redesigned, flat subwoofer). When watching movies, it was okay. But when watching TV the boominess was driving be nuts. It would come and go. I had the sub dialed down to -9 before it went away. But that's almost turning the sub off, so what's the point of having it? Then the final straw was every time I exited the Smartcast function all of the other inputs died. No signal would be detected on optical or HDMI. The only fix was to do a factory reset and go through the setup procedure again. This was with the latest firmware installed too.

Well, after reading of all the glitches in this thread, I knew I was taking a chance.

LG OLED65B6P

Last edited by tpro8; 10-15-2016 at 02:39 PM.
post #1013 of 1663 Old 10-16-2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpro8 View Post
From what I understand this is what Vizio calls their "tuned" sound for the rear speakers. It's really only one channel for both speakers. Crazy - right?
I just bought and returned the SB4051-D5. While the sound quality was okay, I had a couple of issues that were a show-stoppers for me. The boomy subwoofer that many people mentioned in their reviews was very apparent (even in the redesigned, flat subwoofer). When watching movies, it was okay. But when watching TV the boominess was driving be nuts. It would come and go. I had the sub dialed down to -9 before it went away. But that's almost turning the sub off, so what's the point of having it? Then the final straw was every time I exited the Smartcast function all of the other inputs died. No signal would be detected on optical or HDMI. The only fix was to do a factory reset and go through the setup procedure again. This was with the latest firmware installed too.

Well, after reading of all the glitches in this thread, I knew I was taking a chance.
Ill contact Vizio chat and see what they tell me.

As for the no 5.1 on xbox...i think i figured it out. I was trying to watch thru the PLEX app. Googling I learned that the Xbox 360 Plex app doesn't support 5.1. That seems useless for a "home theater" app if you can't even do surround.

I played the same files through the Xbox's video app and I was getting surround. At least it sounded like I was. I heard the rear speakers but i didn't see the indicator on the bar light up to show its detected a DD or DTS stream. But it did sound the same as the surround sound that comes from my projector on the main TV.

I may just get a Roku box and see how that works. At least that supports DD and DTS for sure.
post #1014 of 1663 Old 10-16-2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Ill contact Vizio chat and see what they tell me.

As for the no 5.1 on xbox...i think i figured it out. I was trying to watch thru the PLEX app. Googling I learned that the Xbox 360 Plex app doesn't support 5.1. That seems useless for a "home theater" app if you can't even do surround.

I played the same files through the Xbox's video app and I was getting surround. At least it sounded like I was. I heard the rear speakers but i didn't see the indicator on the bar light up to show its detected a DD or DTS stream. But it did sound the same as the surround sound that comes from my projector on the main TV.

I may just get a Roku box and see how that works. At least that supports DD and DTS for sure.

Gotta remember the Xbox 360 is an extremely old device that came out 11 years ago ... can't expect it to play nice .

post #1015 of 1663 Old 10-16-2016, 10:09 AM

Vizio chat support says its a true 5.1 surround sytem that supports DTS and DD...no "tuned" one channel sound from the rear 2.

Ill have to test out with either a Roku, connect a BD player to it or test out on my computer. have 14 days left to return to BB if unsatisfactory.
post #1016 of 1663 Old 10-16-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpro8 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbuchanan813 View Post
Gotta remember the Xbox 360 is an extremely old device that came out 11 years ago ... can't expect it to play nice .

Yeah, i keep forgetting how old it is lol. When playing BlackOps or Moder Warfare, the surround sounds correct. Spinning around I can hear certain sounds spin around the speakers too. So I guess I'm getting 5.1 like I'm supposed to for games.

Video may be a different story on the 360. I watched a little bit of TMNT thru Amazon and while the rears were producing sound...not sure if 5.1 or just mixing to the speakers. The DTS/DD indicator light never came on the soundbar...if xbox 3rd party apps don't support DD/DTS then I guess its the xbox and not the speakers.
post #1017 of 1663 Old 10-16-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Vizio chat support says its a true 5.1 surround sytem that supports DTS and DD...no "tuned" one channel sound from the rear 2.

Ill have to test out with either a Roku, connect a BD player to it or test out on my computer. have 14 days left to return to BB if unsatisfactory.

Please remember you are talking to people through chat correct ? They are paid customer service reps and have no real knowledge on what they are talking about . They are like Best Buy employees ...not saying that's bad just stating you are prob more knowledgeable than them

post #1018 of 1663 Old 10-17-2016, 04:53 PM

Sorted out the technicals. Roku Ultra and Xbox 360 connected to TV by HDMI. Optical from TV to soundbar. Games on Xbox are in surround. Movies through Plex on Roku also come through in 5.1. Not hearing any mix of one channel between 2 speakers...or at least I don't think do...lol...who knows. Reading some old posts here, I have no clue.

Only thing is now that I have it all set up I'm not completely thrilled with it. The soundbar and rear speakers sound small and hollow to me. I think the 2015 model with the bigger sound bar and rears sounded a little better. Not sure if its the same speakers in the 2016 model as in the 2015 model but from what i remember the old model just sounded better. I do like the flat sub better than the cube sub though.

If these were $200-250 I wouldn't be that unsatisfied by them...but $500 is a good chunk of change to pay for something I'm not completely happy with. Probably return them and just get the old cheaper model for $250. Don't care about the smart cast google cast features that much.

Anyone else think the SB4551 sounds kinda hollow/thin? Like its just coming out of small cheap speakers. I was hoping for a little fuller sound. I'm not an audiophile but I know for $500 you're not gonna be getting top of the line theater sounds.

Ok, i'm rambling on long enough. Just wanted to share my issues/opinions on the SB4551.

Last edited by vice86; 10-17-2016 at 05:03 PM.
post #1019 of 1663 Old 10-23-2016, 03:48 PM
N T

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
My Sb4551 is connected to a P75 and when turning on both, no sound will come out until pressing the selection button one time even though it already says optical on the SB remote. I suspect it's defaulting to ARC when powered on. It worked as expected the first month. It's possible this behavior began after the P75 firmware update. Its just annoying I need to select optical everytime the TV is turned on. Is there a way to default the SB to optical when powered on?
post #1020 of 1663 Old 10-24-2016, 01:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1788 Post(s)
Liked: 1143
Quote:
Originally Posted by N T View Post
My Sb4551 is connected to a P75 and when turning on both, no sound will come out until pressing the selection button one time even though it already says optical on the SB remote. I suspect it's defaulting to ARC when powered on. It worked as expected the first month. It's possible this behavior began after the P75 firmware update. Its just annoying I need to select optical everytime the TV is turned on. Is there a way to default the SB to optical when powered on?
Perhaps it is ECO/sleep mode. Try pressing just a volume button and wait for about 4 seconds to see if it wakes up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page