Yamaha Announces YSP-2700 7.1-Channel Soundbar - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

post #31 of 60 Old 11-27-2016, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Silly question and don't expect anyone to tinker with this but just wondered... I noticed the back of the bar has a "subwoofer out" port. Is this an alternate/wired option to run the provided sub? Or can a user run a 2nd/powered subwoofer in conjuction with the provided woofer? Ultimately I'm going to reach out to the Yamaha support team for answers. If I get any feedback, I'll post it. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 60 Old 11-28-2016, 04:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 1887 Post(s)
Liked: 1084
You can add a different sub wired to it and I would definitely recommend it as the 5" woofer in the Yamaha sub is not that impressive. I am not sure if you can use the wired and wireless subs at the same time. That would be helpful as you need to get a sub that can play upper bass and lower mid frequencies as the crossover in the Yamaha is 500hz. A lot of subs are not capable of playing frequencies that high.
post #33 of 60 Old 11-29-2016, 10:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2222 Post(s)
Liked: 2827
Yamaha Announces YSP-2700 7.1-Channel Soundbar

So after much research I decided on the 2700.

Got it set up this morning.... and have spent the last 2 hours trying to get it to pass 4K HDR properly.... to no avail......

My PS4 Pro reports it will only pass through 2k HDR... and the Xbox S give me a bunch of red and yellow X's.

I've swapped cables and all that jazz..... to no avail.... tried every trick I could think of. Also changed the HDMI mode to 1 after looking closely at the manual. ... didn't help.

FW has been updated....

EDIT... And I fixed it. It was indeed the HDMI mode that needed to be changed and then re turning on the subsampling input on my TV. Duh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by FilmMixer; 11-29-2016 at 11:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 60 Old 11-29-2016, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer View Post

Got it set up this morning.... and have spent the last 2 hours trying to get it to pass 4K HDR properly.... to no avail......

My PS4 Pro reports it will only pass through 2k HDR... and the Xbox S give me a bunch of red and yellow X's.

I've swapped cables and all that jazz..... to no avail.... tried every trick I could think of. Also changed the HDMI mode to 1 after looking closely at the manual. ... didn't help.

FW has been updated....

EDIT... And I fixed it. It was indeed the HDMI mode that needed to be changed and then re turning on the subsampling input on my TV. Duh

Do you have TV going through the xbox one S? I'm debating whether or not to keep the STB going thru my One S or put them on seperate inputs on the sound bar. I suppose it doesn't really matter since the FiOS STB isn't going to do 4k HDR anyway.
post #35 of 60 Old 11-30-2016, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSound86 View Post
Anyone picked this up yet? thoughts?
I bought this a few weeks ago for my 55" KS8000 in my living room. I have a split level and my living room is rectangular but very long in one direction (About 13'x27'). My TV and my seated position is in the short direction and centered. There is a huge bay window behind my head. To my right there is a stair going a half level up and a stair going a half level down to a entry foyer that is also open to the living room all the way to the back wall. So I do not have the "ideal" room situation.

I ran the auto setup with the intellibeam microphone but I don't think it did a great job. So I went to fine tune the sound beams. They let you adjust the angle of each beam for each channel (Front left and right, center and surround left and right) and there is a test sound that it emits so you can sit there and adjust it until you can hear the sound coming from the proper location. I did this and I must say that it was pretty darn cool hearing sounds coming from the corner of the bay window behind me. The sound projection technology really works. The only issue I had was that while I got the front left channel to come from the front left corner of the room, I could only get the right front channel to feel like it was coming from the center right side of the room... possibly from the foyer a half a level down. I guess that it what happens when you have the semi-open layout on the right side. Still, all things considered, overall I was satisfied with this setup. They let you adjust other things like beam length, focal length, volume of each individual channel, etc, and I did that.

I popped in The Force Awakens, and I was impressed with the surround sound effects. I felt the Millennium Falcon whizzing by from my back right the front left. Overall, I'm quite satisfied with this purchase. I wanted surround sound for my TV but did not want speakers on the window sill behind the couch or mounted to the wall. This solves that problem and it sounds great after fine tuning the settings.
narmi47 likes this.
post #36 of 60 Old 12-04-2016, 08:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 506 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis_C View Post
I bought this a few weeks ago for my 55" KS8000 in my living room. I have a split level and my living room is rectangular but very long in one direction (About 13'x27'). My TV and my seated position is in the short direction and centered. There is a huge bay window behind my head. To my right there is a stair going a half level up and a stair going a half level down to a entry foyer that is also open to the living room all the way to the back wall. So I do not have the "ideal" room situation.

I ran the auto setup with the intellibeam microphone but I don't think it did a great job. So I went to fine tune the sound beams. They let you adjust the angle of each beam for each channel (Front left and right, center and surround left and right) and there is a test sound that it emits so you can sit there and adjust it until you can hear the sound coming from the proper location. I did this and I must say that it was pretty darn cool hearing sounds coming from the corner of the bay window behind me. The sound projection technology really works. The only issue I had was that while I got the front left channel to come from the front left corner of the room, I could only get the right front channel to feel like it was coming from the center right side of the room... possibly from the foyer a half a level down. I guess that it what happens when you have the semi-open layout on the right side. Still, all things considered, overall I was satisfied with this setup. They let you adjust other things like beam length, focal length, volume of each individual channel, etc, and I did that.

I popped in The Force Awakens, and I was impressed with the surround sound effects. I felt the Millennium Falcon whizzing by from my back right the front left. Overall, I'm quite satisfied with this purchase. I wanted surround sound for my TV but did not want speakers on the window sill behind the couch or mounted to the wall. This solves that problem and it sounds great after fine tuning the settings.
Are you able to control the volume with your soundbar with the Samsung tv remote?

Last edited by bluewhale1; 12-04-2016 at 10:39 AM.
post #37 of 60 Old 12-05-2016, 09:33 AM

Quote:

FW has been updated....

I just went to setup mine today and am coming across the HDR issue and another issue as well.

Ugh...hooked up my new Yamaha YSP-2700 sound bar today...issues already. :-\

TV is Samsung JS8500. OneConnect HDMI 4 (ARC) connnected to HDMI out (ARC) on the yamaha soundbar
STB tv out hooked Xbox One S TV IN
Xbox one S out hooked to HDMI 1 on Yamaha sound bar

1) When I turn on the xbox one S and it turns on the TV, STB, & Yamaha Soundbar, I don't get ANY sound initially. Nothing from the xbox itself. I need to hit the setup / menu button on the yamaha remote and then the sound can be heard fine.
2) The xbox is not detecting HDR capabilities hooked up through the sound bar in this manner. Before the soundbar, when I had my Xbox plugged into HDMI 1 and turned on UHD color for that port, it was working fine. I turned it on for HDMI 4 in the TV menu and it shows a check mark for 4k, but nothing with HDR.

Edit: Didn't realize the HDMI mode needed to be set on soundbar as well. Did that and now all green check marks again. Still having the issue on initial power on though where I need to hit the menu key to get sound to start.

Last edited by psurob12; 12-05-2016 at 10:07 AM.
post #38 of 60 Old 12-07-2016, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

how does this compare with Sony HT-ST9? in amazon, some ppl have mentioned about connectivity issues, bluetooth issues on YSP 2700. plz comment.
Thanks.
post #39 of 60 Old 12-08-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewhale1 View Post
Are you able to control the volume with your soundbar with the Samsung tv remote?
Sorry for the slow response, just saw this now. The answer is Yes. The soundbar is hooked up to the TV via the HDMI (ARC) and the volume can be controlled by the Samsung TV Remote.
post #40 of 60 Old 12-08-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Sorry for the slow response, just saw this now. The answer is Yes. The soundbar is hooked up to the TV via the HDMI (ARC) and the volume can be controlled by the Samsung TV Remote.
Are you having any blue tooth connectivity issues? some one in amazon complained that the it is getting disconnected very often.
post #41 of 60 Old 12-08-2016, 01:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 1887 Post(s)
Liked: 1084
Quote:
Originally Posted by quaker_18 View Post
how does this compare with Sony HT-ST9?
Sony has much better sound quality
Yamaha has better surround sound effect
Yamaha will pass HDR through its HDMI ports, Sony won't
post #42 of 60 Old 12-08-2016, 03:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
How are your device connected? It seems i can only get the soundbar to turn on when I have an optical cable attached. If i use just the Hdmi port I have to turn the soundbar on via the Yamaha remote.
post #43 of 60 Old 12-09-2016, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurob12 View Post
I just went to setup mine today and am coming across the HDR issue and another issue as well.

Ugh...hooked up my new Yamaha YSP-2700 sound bar today...issues already. :-\

TV is Samsung JS8500. OneConnect HDMI 4 (ARC) connnected to HDMI out (ARC) on the yamaha soundbar
STB tv out hooked Xbox One S TV IN
Xbox one S out hooked to HDMI 1 on Yamaha sound bar

1) Workaround - When I turn on the xbox one S and it turns on the TV, STB, & Yamaha Soundbar, I don't get ANY sound initially. Nothing from the xbox itself. I need to hit the setup / menu button on the yamaha remote and then the sound can be heard fine.
2) FIXED - The xbox is not detecting HDR capabilities hooked up through the sound bar in this manner. Before the soundbar, when I had my Xbox plugged into HDMI 1 and turned on UHD color for that port, it was working fine. I turned it on for HDMI 4 in the TV menu and it shows a check mark for 4k, but nothing with HDR.

Edit: Didn't realize the HDMI mode needed to be set on soundbar as well. Did that and now all green check marks again. Still having the issue on initial power on though where I need to hit the menu key to get sound to start.
swapped to Premium certified HDMI cables to try to resolve issue #1. Didn't help.

Changed HDMI control to OFF in settings, now sound comes up fine on inital power on. Still get a no signal screen for a few seconds, sound starts, then picture appears and it's good. No soundbar volume control using TV remote though with HDMI control turned off, but i mainly use the xbox media remote anyway, and that still works.

Possibly another TV setting I need to find to get it to work with HDMI control mode on. Work in progress but it's functional at this point. Sound is a massive upgrade from TV sound and I am quite surprised by the surround effect. It's actually quite good with movies/games. Very impressed.
post #44 of 60 Old 12-09-2016, 08:34 AM

Quote:
How are your device connected? It seems i can only get the soundbar to turn on when I have an optical cable attached. If i use just the Hdmi port I have to turn the soundbar on via the Yamaha remote.
i experience the same, but don't have to turn it on with the yamaha remote since I set my xbox to turn it on and off since TV is going through the xbox.
post #45 of 60 Old 12-09-2016, 09:03 PM

Quote:
That is strange. I have an HDMI cable going from the OneConnect HDMI ARC to the HDMI ARC on the soundbar. Do we have the same TV? Samsung KS8000? It might be a TV issue. Or maybe run the yamaha setup again for the soundbar. Make sure HDMI control is on. Setup Menu -> HDMI -> HDMI Control
post #46 of 60 Old 12-10-2016, 12:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That is strange. I have an HDMI cable going from the OneConnect HDMI ARC to the HDMI ARC on the soundbar. Do we have the same TV? Samsung KS8000? It might be a TV issue. Or maybe run the yamaha setup again for the soundbar. Make sure HDMI control is on. Setup Menu -> HDMI -> HDMI Control
I have the 55KS8000. HDMI control is on I will try it again this afternoon.
post #47 of 60 Old 12-10-2016, 08:44 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

FW has been updated....

Please tell me how you do it ?
I have this problem too , it only show 2k hdr on my ps4pro.
post #48 of 60 Old 12-10-2016, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2222 Post(s)
Liked: 2827
Yamaha Announces YSP-2700 7.1-Channel Soundbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachmat-d View Post
Please tell me how you do it ?

I have this problem too , it only show 2k hdr on my ps4pro.

You need to go into the Advanced Setup menu and change 4K HDMI mode from 2 to 1

Last edited by FilmMixer; 12-10-2016 at 09:47 AM.
post #49 of 60 Old 12-10-2016, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Can't get it to work with just using Hdmi. Have looked over the instructions several times and still a no go. I can get it to turn off but can't get it to turn on with the tv.
post #50 of 60 Old 12-16-2016, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
You need to go into the Advanced Setup menu and change 4K HDMI mode from 2 to 1

Thank you so much.
post #51 of 60 Old 12-18-2016, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smccracken View Post
Thanks so much for the input! Your experiences and feedback are greatly appreciated
i got one and i should say am not impressed with it.

i as a layman, was expecting a wow factor, which i didn't get so am returning it. below are my observations

1. the out of box unit sounds horrible. one has to do the intellibeam configuraiton before the first use. even though it is mentioned in the manual, for a layman, it is quite a bit of work.
2. i have a high celing living room with open kitchen. After i ran the auto configuration, i didn't feel any sound projection for this type of room. i just experienced the same lounder sound
that i used to get from the TV. since there was a subwoofer, there was some sound which i couldn't get from TV.
3. the volume levels from 0-20 were almost not hearable. i have to keep the volume level to > 35 to get some reasonable sound.

again am a layman and thought that spending $1200 was a bit too much for the sound effect that am getting.
post #52 of 60 Old 12-19-2016, 02:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

i as a layman, was expecting a wow factor, which i didn't get so am returning it. below are my observations

1. the out of box unit sounds horrible. one has to do the intellibeam configuraiton before the first use. even though it is mentioned in the manual, for a layman, it is quite a bit of work.
2. i have a high ceiling living room with open kitchen. After i ran the auto configuration, i didn't feel any sound projection for this type of room. i just experienced the same lounder sound
that i used to get from the TV. since there was a subwoofer, there was some sound which i couldn't get from TV.
3. the volume levels from 0-20 were almost not hearable. i have to keep the volume level to > 35 to get some reasonable sound.

again am a layman and thought that spending $1200 was a bit too much for the sound effect that am getting.
I am no expert on sound and vision. This is my first soundbar. To some extent I agree with you. It does a good job at shooting sound at you(for a lack of a better term). I also just brought a Samsung HWK500 and especially with dialogue can hear it better. Have to turn the volume up to hear it but sometimes have to turn the volume down as explosions tend to become too loud. Its in my bedroom so for now i am putting the Samsung in my bedroom and putting the Yamaha in the living room. Could be due to me not knowing how to adjust advanced settings.
post #53 of 60 Old 12-20-2016, 04:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Just played with adjusting the channel levels and it much better.
post #54 of 60 Old 12-21-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Just played with adjusting the channel levels and it much better.
would this help voices be louder so they don't get overpowered by action? What did you adjust specifically?
post #55 of 60 Old 12-21-2016, 03:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurob12 View Post
would this help voices be louder so they don't get overpowered by action? What did you adjust specifically?
Yes.
Hold the Ch Level button for more than 3 seconds
The display on the sound bar will say Ch Level. Keep clicking the Ch level button until you see C(for center channel). My setting was at -6. I changed to to +6. It on page 43 of the owners manual.
post #56 of 60 Old 12-27-2016, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Bought this unit to pair up with an LG oled65b6p. Ive b (een using the ysp-2700 for a few days and The sound quality is really impressive. The only thing I can complain about is the sub. Its good but not compared to a 10" sub. Even though it has a sub out, not sure if you can add your own external. Will purchase one and try and see if it can support one. Also for those have issues with the beam calibration. At the end of test it says to disconnect the intellibeam microphone cable and then save to system memory. SAVE to system memory FIRST and then disconnect. If you do the latter it will not save. You will think you will have saved but it will be the default ( which sounds god awful ) My setup is ps4 pro, xbox one s, samsung 4k player. Everything works as intended. Room is very wide and getting great sound even though it isn't the ideal layout. Pictures attached. Very discreet system. build is great too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	1856841   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	1856849  
post #57 of 60 Old 07-10-2018, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis A Romero View Post
Bought this unit to pair up with an LG oled65b6p. Ive b (een using the ysp-2700 for a few days and The sound quality is really impressive. The only thing I can complain about is the sub. Its good but not compared to a 10" sub. Even though it has a sub out, not sure if you can add your own external. Will purchase one and try and see if it can support one. Also for those have issues with the beam calibration. At the end of test it says to disconnect the intellibeam microphone cable and then save to system memory. SAVE to system memory FIRST and then disconnect. If you do the latter it will not save. You will think you will have saved but it will be the default ( which sounds god awful ) My setup is ps4 pro, xbox one s, samsung 4k player. Everything works as intended. Room is very wide and getting great sound even though it isn't the ideal layout. Pictures attached. Very discreet system. build is great too.
hi , how are you guys liking this now ..
post #58 of 60 Old 11-05-2018, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Has anyone heard of any announcements or rumors (Official/Unofficial) for a Yamaha Soundbar model between the YSP-2700 and the YSP-5600? A Yamaha Soundbar that would be in the same price range, same/similar features and the approximate same size + aesthetics of the YSP-2700. A Soundbar with upwards firing drivers (Dolby Atmos + DTS:X) - The YSP-5600 is just too big to pass the wife approval process and a little too expensive.

Last edited by tamanaco; 11-05-2018 at 02:05 PM.
post #59 of 60 Old 11-05-2018, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Not that I've seen - all the models announced in the last 12 months or so have been entry level models, rather than replacements for the existing high end models
post #60 of 60 Old 12-31-2018, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy YSP 2700 Setup Advise Needed

Quote:

2. i have a high celing living room with open kitchen. After i ran the auto configuration, i didn't feel any sound projection for this type of room. i just experienced the same lounder sound

Hi Guys, me too on the same boat ..being a layman, unable to get the best out of it as everybody is claiming.

> Getting just a loud noise that my 5yrs old son is scared of and does not want the unit in our house .
> The volume level need to be > 35 to hear something understandable.
> You can feel the 'Basse' or moderate 'effects' only on high volume, i.e > 70 or 80, but we can't blast the house ALWAYS and for everything, you watch on TV rt!!? That too in a rented unit, especially during quiet hrs.
> Don't find it compatible with average TV entertainment like drama, talk shows or enjoying music videos on YouTube in low volume with those so-called "Effects".
> Done with Intellibeam setup, but don't feel the surround. If not surround, not happy with the other modes either.
> Our living room also extends to the dining area and then to the kitchen, maybe it is not suitable for such a room which is not a closed walls setup as they show in their demo pics, or I failed to set it up rt.
> I have the soundbar connected to Sony 49" 4K HDR Smart TV which has HDMI ARC supported, and the Sub is connected wirelessly. Don't have any other devices. I have connected the Optical cable as well, along with the HDMI ARC from the TV to the Soundbar.

This is where I request your expert advice. Please help guys. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
soundbar , Yamaha , ysp-2700

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page