Official LG SJ9 Thread - Page 67 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 266Likes

post #1981 of 1986 Old 06-21-2019, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnerOfLg View Post
No, you should only be gettings sound from sj9. I had this configuration and it worked fine (lg b6). Connections seem to be right, are you sure hdmi is in right arc port in your tv? And is sound output set to hdmi/arc? Have you "installed" sj9 in c7 hardware wizard? It is working right if/when you can adjust soundbar sound volume with tv remote. Oh yep, also simplink has to be enabled in tv.
1. Yes HDMI is in right port. On C7 its HDMI 2 ARC port. I can get dolby atmos sound on both TV and xbox.
2. sound output is set to HDMI IN not to Audio Out(Optical/HDMI ARC). XBOX only receives signal when set to HDMI IN. TV settings says it's "INternal Speaker" and ON SJ9 its HDMI IN. i set the TV volume to zero
3. Have you "installed" sj9 in c7 hardware wizard - Not sure what it means . Is it connecting to music flow app? If so i have done that.
4. Adjusting sound with TV remote will change the TV sound output. I have set it to zero to receive the output from soundbar which shows dolby atmos on xbox
5. simplink is enabled under Audio Out(Optical/HDMI ARC). ? It is enabled and works when i watch youtube/netflix and change sound output to it. For xbox one x i have to change sound output to HDMI IN in soundbar.

any idea what i'm doing wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1982 of 1986 Old 06-22-2019, 03:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay Kathuria View Post
1. Yes HDMI is in right port. On C7 its HDMI 2 ARC port. I can get dolby atmos sound on both TV and xbox.
2. sound output is set to HDMI IN not to Audio Out(Optical/HDMI ARC). XBOX only receives signal when set to HDMI IN. TV settings says it's "INternal Speaker" and ON SJ9 its HDMI IN. i set the TV volume to zero
3. Have you "installed" sj9 in c7 hardware wizard - Not sure what it means . Is it connecting to music flow app? If so i have done that.
4. Adjusting sound with TV remote will change the TV sound output. I have set it to zero to receive the output from soundbar which shows dolby atmos on xbox
5. simplink is enabled under Audio Out(Optical/HDMI ARC). ? It is enabled and works when i watch youtube/netflix and change sound output to it. For xbox one x i have to change sound output to HDMI IN in soundbar.

any idea what i'm doing wrong?
2. I meant tv setting not soundbar, soundbar setting should be hdmi in. Tv audio setting should be hdmi not internal speaker.
3. Atleast i used this menu to configure and input for sj9:
post #1983 of 1986 Old 06-22-2019, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
When I change the TV settings in sound to audio out optical/arc it changes the soundbar mode as well and there is no then no signal for Xbox. The only combination that is working for me right now is tv setting is set to internal speaker and then change the soundbar to HDMI in. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1984 of 1986 Old 06-22-2019, 11:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay Kathuria View Post
When I change the TV settings in sound to audio out optical/arc it changes the soundbar mode as well and there is no then no signal for Xbox. The only combination that is working for me right now is tv setting is set to internal speaker and then change the soundbar to HDMI in. Any suggestions?
Try to configure your hdmi input with that new hardware wizard (i gave you link where) for sj9 so you can control it's audio with your tv remote. Maybe that will help you, i have no other ideas.
post #1985 of 1986 Old 08-14-2019, 07:01 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey all,

Seems to have same problems as some of u and nobody seems to have found the solution already.

I have a LG uh610v TV (arc but not atmos) and the SJ9 and a Mibox3.

My miBox3 is plugged into the SJ9 hdmi in and the tv is plugged in hdmi out arc of the SJ9.

CEC is activated.

So far I have DTS as well as DD and DD+ sound woking fine. However on atmos audio file or truehd, no sounds only video. Moreovee kodi doesn t seems to identify that sj9 is capable of atmos because it doesn t (the option for teuehd passthrough are not shown).

That lead me to the conclusion that the sound is passing from the mibox to the sj9 then to the sj9 to TV, then TV resend the sound through arc to the SJ9 which plays it. Because my tv doesn t support atmos it cannt passthrough
post #1986 of 1986 Old 08-14-2019, 07:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
*it cannot passthrough atmos but only DD and dts.

Does this feel right to u? And does anyone have a solution? Or tests that i can runs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page