Samsung HW-MS650 Sound+ Soundbar Review - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 19Likes

post #61 of 145 Old 09-24-2017, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thinking about buying the Samsung HW-MS650 but i cant seems to decide between that and the Sony HT-CT800 . Seems an interesting option too . As for the sony Ht nt 5 tha most people tend to like i'm kind not convinced as it has one of the worst reviews on amazon and in tech sites. My third option for a nice home cinema was to combine my edifier luna speakers with a sub as a lot of people said that a nice 2.1 speakers are sometimes even better than soundbars. My setup is a 4k hdr tevelvision and a ps4 pro where i plan to take advantage of them. Some suggestions please ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 145 Old 10-22-2017, 10:31 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Hi guys, how will this Samsung HW-MS650 soundbar perform up against the Sonos Playbar (without any attached sub) in a room which is approximately 6.5 x 6.5m ?
post #63 of 145 Old 10-25-2017, 05:06 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by prat33 View Post
Hi guys, how will this Samsung HW-MS650 soundbar perform up against the Sonos Playbar (without any attached sub) in a room which is approximately 6.5 x 6.5m ?
I have the HW-MS650, and I've demo'd the Sonos at a Best Buy and both of them are fantastic, the MS650 sounds fantastic for music and so does the Sonos, they are equal in that department. The Bass is a bit tighter on the MS650, this is really a personal opinion so you might find the Sonos sounds better. The one thing I really like is the use of HDMI in the MS650 compared to the Sonos systems that still uses Toslink, which is a bit antiquated in my opinion. If you have the means demo both units, try to play some music on both systems that your very familiar with that would help you in your purchase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 145 Old 10-25-2017, 06:45 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just ordered mine today. Should receive it in two days hopefully.
As I'll only use the Netflix and Kodi app on my Sony XE900 for movie/series content, the MS650 will be more than enough for now.
post #65 of 145 Old 10-27-2017, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solohead View Post
Just ordered mine today. Should receive it in two days hopefully.
As I'll only use the Netflix and Kodi app on my Sony XE900 for movie/series content, the MS650 will be more than enough for now.

Received it yesterday. This is one heavy soundbar.
Watched some Netflix shows and was like 'mmmkay, nice bass, but nothing fancy'...
Then I switched to some internet radio via the wifi and played some dance music... hotdiggitydamn !!! Unbelievable that this unit can produce such bass! I have an Onkyo TX-SR605 with the Tannoy SFX 5. speakers (including sub), and this soundbar just plays it to shreds...

Went back to play some movies with a lot of rumble in them, and I really don't need a sub. This thing is awesome !

I have one question though: how do you now if it's actually playing Dolby 5.1 and not stereo? there's nothing on the display that's giving you info about this, right?
post #66 of 145 Old 10-27-2017, 04:10 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Received it yesterday. This is one heavy soundbar.
Watched some Netflix shows and was like 'mmmkay, nice bass, but nothing fancy'...
Then I switched to some internet radio via the wifi and played some dance music... hotdiggitydamn !!! Unbelievable that this unit can produce such bass! I have an Onkyo TX-SR605 with the Tannoy SFX 5. speakers (including sub), and this soundbar just plays it to shreds...

Went back to play some movies with a lot of rumble in them, and I really don't need a sub. This thing is awesome !

I have one question though: how do you now if it's actually playing Dolby 5.1 and not stereo? there's nothing on the display that's giving you info about this, right?
How is the sound clarity?
post #67 of 145 Old 10-27-2017, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prat33 View Post
How is the sound clarity?
For me the sound clarity is excellent. I can hear the dialogues very clear. Music sounds awesome.
The Clear Voice mode is pretty overkill to me. Voices really stand out, also sounds like there's a volume boost going on in that mode. But I guess this mode would be good for people who who have hearing issues or something.

Offcourse, what sound good to me, can sound crap to anyone else

But foor the price this thing is awesome.
post #68 of 145 Old 10-27-2017, 06:38 PM

Liked: 12
Hi, is anyone mounting this above their TV or only below? I just got my 650 (paid $309 for it ) and am waiting for my depth adjustable mount to come in. I am going to be mounting this above a 55" adjustable wall mounted TV that is currently mounted center at 45" above the floor. From what I have seen and read seems is best to mount the soundbar above the tv and if needed (if your TV is mounted high) slightly tilt it downward vs. mounting the soundbar below your TV.

Thanks,

Ppowr
post #69 of 145 Old 10-31-2017, 02:00 PM

Hello!
Has anyone had any problems with managing the inputs on this sound bar?
I have my xbox one connected to mine through HDMI in and routed out to an ARC input on the TV. When powering on (via the TV), the sound bar automatically switches to the ARC input even though HDMI was where it was left when powered off. I assume it does this automatically because of the connection to the TV but its a nuisance. Is there any way to set an input and leave it there?
I tried not using the ARC connection and set my xbox to turn on the sound bar but then another problem arose. Whenever the xbox powers on the soundbar, it cycles through all the inputs and then mutes, very strange.
Any suggestions for a way around these problems?
Thanks
post #70 of 145 Old 11-13-2017, 05:25 AM

Has anyone else that uses the MS650 played LPCM and or DolbyTrueHD/DTS HD soundtracks, I know the core of DTS's soundtracks have the initial sound sample so as long as you can play a DTS track it will work, but Dolby True HD displays on the information tab on my Xbox One S? Curious if this soundbar is transmitting the HD codecs?

I was demo-watching Hell Boy Directors Cut this past evening and it was in uncompressed LPCM 5.1? It played the soundtrack and sounded great Just curious as the MS650 is advertised as a "Dolby digital" product? Any thoughts of other users with high resolution content being played on the SoundBar? One last thought, the MS650 does have the capability of 24 bit High Resolution audio, i'd be delighted to know its playing high rez movie soundtracks too.
post #71 of 145 Old 11-24-2017, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I am having an issue with mine. My audio when using xbox one s with bitstream dolby digital lags considerably. Audio delay is set to 0.When turning on pcm stereo is does not. Dolby works fine with tv and netflix apps from the smart hub. Only when using Xbox One S does it lag. I have it hooked up through the arc. I tried hooking up straight to HDMI but I lose the HDR though UHD still goes through.Is the ARC the only port that can bypass HDR? I tried hooking up to a optical cable but can't figure that one out. If I go from Xbox optical to soundbar optical then HDMI arc on soundbar to HDMI arc on the tv then I can only choose HDMI audio and I get no sound when choosing optical. Its like the ARC overides it. My TV is a Samsung KS8000. Can anybody help me out. I mean I know its a soundbar and doesn't really output 5.1 but I would still like to be able to use it. Seems like the Xbox One S has an issue or delay processing the bitstream signal. Using PCM and DTS NEO 2.5 right now for Xbox ONE S content and it still sounds good. I gave my self a damn migraine messing with this thing for 4 hours last night while my wife just shook her head.....
post #72 of 145 Old 11-27-2017, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by persuazion View Post
I am having an issue with mine. My audio when using xbox one s with bitstream dolby digital lags considerably. Audio delay is set to 0.When turning on pcm stereo is does not. Dolby works fine with tv and netflix apps from the smart hub. Only when using Xbox One S does it lag. I have it hooked up through the arc. I tried hooking up straight to HDMI but I lose the HDR though UHD still goes through.Is the ARC the only port that can bypass HDR? I tried hooking up to a optical cable but can't figure that one out. If I go from Xbox optical to soundbar optical then HDMI arc on soundbar to HDMI arc on the tv then I can only choose HDMI audio and I get no sound when choosing optical. Its like the ARC overides it. My TV is a Samsung KS8000. Can anybody help me out. I mean I know its a soundbar and doesn't really output 5.1 but I would still like to be able to use it. Seems like the Xbox One S has an issue or delay processing the bitstream signal. Using PCM and DTS NEO 2.5 right now for Xbox ONE S content and it still sounds good. I gave my self a damn migraine messing with this thing for 4 hours last night while my wife just shook her head.....
Make sure you are using a high speed HDMI cable, I had some issues with the MS650 lagging with audio on ARC. I started to only use High Speed HDMI's and the problem has ceased this sound bar is sensitive to HDMI cables, I had dropouts and lag on some movies, for UHD playback from the Xbox One S. Also make sure you update the soundbar to the latest firmware, hope this helps.
post #73 of 145 Old 11-28-2017, 03:38 AM

I received the wireless SWA-9000S speakers as part of a promotion from Sony for free. (I bought my soundbar TWO weeks before the promotion, but the store back-dated the purchase, so I could request the free speakers... talk about service :-) )

It really makes the system so much more enjoyable. I'm still doubting if I should get the wireless sub as well.. My GF is now already complaining about the bass when explosions are happening in movies. The bar alone is enough to rumble our livingroom, so not sure if the sub would be an advantage?
post #74 of 145 Old 11-28-2017, 06:19 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
I received the wireless SWA-9000S speakers as part of a promotion from Sony for free. (I bought my soundbar TWO weeks before the promotion, but the store back-dated the purchase, so I could request the free speakers... talk about service :-) )

It really makes the system so much more enjoyable. I'm still doubting if I should get the wireless sub as well.. My GF is now already complaining about the bass when explosions are happening in movies. The bar alone is enough to rumble our livingroom, so not sure if the sub would be an advantage?
I am still evaluating my MS750/700 combination as I just picked it up over the weekend, have been pleasantly surprised with the sound....it sits in a great room with high vaulted ceilings with a 75 inch Samsung TV and Sony BR player. The sub ROCKS, adds a ton of extra sound to the system especially with BR movies and music. Now I only need to add the rear surrounds assuming I am keeping it, the wife loves the simple look compared to my LCR speakers on the wall and older but powerful Onkyo AVR. Never thought I would go this way!
post #75 of 145 Old 11-28-2017, 09:36 PM

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Is this a good size soundbar with a 55 inch tv? what about 65inch?
post #76 of 145 Old 11-30-2017, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Just got my MS650 yesterday and need a little help with the setup...

I am running the MS650 with a Q9F and a M9500 4k player.

The Q9F is connected to the soundbar via optical. The Bluray player is connected to the tv via hdmi and a seperate hdmi is going from player to soundbar.

When i am watching regular tv everything seems to go well. I can use the samsung one remote to adjust the volume on the soundbar and everything is connected automatically.

When i use the player though, it doesnt switch automatically to the hdmi input. I have to switch source manually to hdmi and also i cant use my samsung one remote to adjust volume or anything else on the MS650. I have to use the remote which came with the soundbar.

What am I doing wrong here?
post #77 of 145 Old 11-30-2017, 10:26 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by YtotheEllow View Post
Just got my MS650 yesterday and need a little help with the setup...

I am running the MS650 with a Q9F and a M9500 4k player.

The Q9F is connected to the soundbar via optical. The Bluray player is connected to the tv via hdmi and a seperate hdmi is going from player to soundbar.

When i am watching regular tv everything seems to go well. I can use the samsung one remote to adjust the volume on the soundbar and everything is connected automatically.

When i use the player though, it doesnt switch automatically to the hdmi input. I have to switch source manually to hdmi and also i cant use my samsung one remote to adjust volume or anything else on the MS650. I have to use the remote which came with the soundbar.

What am I doing wrong here?
Just a guess, but in the M9500 settings, have you selected the correct "HDMI out" (the one going to the soundbar) for the sound?

Last edited by multicore; 11-30-2017 at 10:32 PM.
post #78 of 145 Old 12-20-2017, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Sounds Great...for a soundbar

Well, I finally got my Samsung up and running. Since I've been lurking on this forum for a while researching the different bars, I figured I should do my due diligence and contribute my feedback. Since I don't have much more to say about this bar that hasn't already been said in this thread, I've quoted several other replies where I had a similar experience.

In my case, I was shopping for a soundbar to put on my secondary television in the basement, although, this is the television that I primarily use. The bar's primary purpose would be to improve the sound over the built-in speakers on my Panasonic television, especially the dialogue. In order to sell this idea to my wife, my budget was: as low as possible! Due to this, I initially looked at the pair of low-budget Yamahas: the 107 and the 207. However, this bar, as well as several others, went on sale for $300 during the Christmas sales, so I jumped. I chose this bar over other bars due to several factors: the advertised "no sub required", it's 3.0 output with optional expansion to a full 5.1 system, the ruggedness of it (ie, it has a metal grill cloth instead of a cloth one, which is important when you have kids and a cat), and of course the good reviews!

Due to a combination of the sale and some gift cards, I purchased the bar for $150 (out of pocket) from Crutchfield. As usual, Crutchfield was great, and the bar showed up in a few days. As others have noted, this thing is heavy! I was also impressed with the finishing details. The appearance of the metal brushing and the overall sturdiness of the bar are hard to appreciate until you can see and feel it in person.

I initially tried hooking up the bar through the ARC on my TV, which is connected to my cable box. That worked great...for about a day. Then the TV would randomly "forget" that it was supposed to be controlling the sound bar, and it would lose sync. Additionally, the sound bar has separate input setting for HDMI IN (from the cable box) and HDMI ARC (from the TV). So any time I tried to switch from the cable box to the Roku or Game, I would have to change the input on the soundbar, as well. Super annoying. I finally ripped out the ARC cables and connected it with a digital audio cable from the TV out and use my universal remote to control the sound bar. Oh, hey, guess what? This is exactly what Ellebob said to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellebob View Post
There is a reason why on many systems installers often turn off ARC/CEC and use optical or if the sound bar has multiple HDMI input then plug all the devices into it instead of the TV. Then use a decent universal remote to control the system.
So, now that it was set up, how does it sound? The answer is, initially, pretty disappointing. As others have noted, the volume is pretty low on this thing. I don't have an SPL gauge or anything, but I usually listen to my TV at about 20-25 (I think out of 50), and I listen to the soundbar at about...20. So volume-wise, it's about the same as my TV. After I got over the initial disappointment, I realized this is actually a good thing, as it give a more granular control at the levels I actually listen at. However, if you're expecting to blown away by sound, look elsewhere:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellebob View Post
If you need SPL, go big or go home. Sound bars or speakers to play louder need bigger speaker drivers. A 2.0 or 2.1 system would be better if you need more volume. If a sound bar fits your application then look for ones with larger drivers like 4" or greater and has a decent sub or can use a separate sub. Small speakers can only do so much.
But sound-wise, how is it? Pretty good, actually. Really good. I did not get the optional sub, but I found the bass response to be pretty fantastic, actually. After tinkering with the sound fields, I finally settled on "Clear Voice", although I debated between that and "Standard". Clear Voice seems to sacrifice some of the lower mid-range for an emphasis on the upper mid-range, without sounding as over-processed as "Music" or "Sports", which just seemed to add reverb. Maybe they sound OK with the surround speakers. I appreciated the depth of field that I got from "Movie", but I found it tiring to listen to after an hour or so (it actually gave me headache.)

After getting everything set up, the first thing I put on was Part 2 of "The Pacific", as I had just watched it on Prime Video through my Roku over Thanksgiving. I could tell right from the orchestral opening that this thing cranks on the low end. I was able to hear string basses and a bass drum punch in the opening theme that aren't even there when watched on my TV. Then the action kicks in. With the "Clear Voice" enabled, I could easily hear the soldiers screaming over the gunfire. I had to subtitles when playing through my TV speakers! Next up: Dr Who. I don't know what it about Dr Who, but I can never understand what they're saying. It might be the accents, but it likely has to do with how it is mixed, as I don't have a problem with the Top Gear/Grand Tour guys. This was again streaming through Amazon Prime Video on my Roku. Annnnddd...Success! I could clearly discern all of the syllables from Matt Smith.

So, it sounds great, what are the problems? I really only have 3:
1) There is no mute button. Why? I can't use the mute on my television cause I have a soundbar. Seems pretty basic to me.

2) It's advertised as 3.0 sound bar, but it only decodes DTS 2.0 and Dolby Digital 5.1. So the center channel actually only gets used if you feed it a DD signal, which is truly a wasted opportunity. Why waste all the effort of including the 3 speakers that make up the center channel and not give it the ability to actually decode those formats?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post
Added mini-review:
- Only decodes DD 5.1 and DTS 2.0. Critically makes actually using the centre channel of this bar difficult.
3) And this is the one that really gets me: stereo separation. My previous experience with sound bars has only really been at the store or at friend's house during noisy football games. I've never owned one, much less watched a movie on one. Although I was purchasing this primarily as a dialogue enhancer, this product is billed as 3.0 speaker system, yet the speakers are so close there is essentially no separation between any of the channels. During the ambush at Guadalcanal scene in The Pacific, all of the bullets sound like they are coming from the television. When watching on my living room system (even in 3.1), there is a clear separation between the 3 front channels. Dialogue comes of the center channel and bullets are coming from all 3. You can really tell that the soldiers are surrounded and it really heightens the drama of the situation. Maybe I got my hopes up and was expecting too much out of a sound bar and this a fault of all sound bars. Or maybe I just needed to spend a LOT more, but then, why not just buy a small system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post
Added mini-review:
b) my expectations for sound separation were too high, or more likely my layout not appropriate in general.
[...]
I'm truly struggling with my own expectations of what a soundbar can deliver in terms of separation and imaging vs separate bookshelf speakers that are more widely seperated.
Overall, though, this soundbar not only sounds great, it does what I bought it for, and for the price I paid ($150), I don't think I could have gotten a better deal, so I am keeping it. However, I feel somewhat like it's a missed opportunity of what was advertised and expected versus what I actually received.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer!

A pic of my setup, please excuse the audio cable, I haven't routed it through the wall yet!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171220_114037.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	645.8 KB
ID:	2333156  
Makaveli40 likes this.
post #79 of 145 Old 12-24-2017, 05:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Can anyone tell me if this soundbar processes DTS as 2.0 or did it get a firmware update to decode it properly as 5.1?....

SONY Bravia KD-65XE9005BU 4K UHD tv PANASONIC TX-40CX400B 4K UHD tv SONY UBP-X800 4K HDR Ultra HD player SONY BDP-S3700 Blu-ray player (U.S.)-*new 04/04/2019 SONY BDP-S760 Blu-ray player ES certified- Elevated Standard (UK) SAMSUNG BD-C6900 3D Blu-ray player (UK) SAMSUNG HW-MS650 Sound+ Soundbar
post #80 of 145 Old 12-26-2017, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsinnott View Post
Can anyone tell me if this soundbar processes DTS as 2.0 or did it get a firmware update to decode it properly as 5.1?....
I have the MS650 and it decodes 5.1 DTS, and it sounds really good. I use the hdmi in on the soundbar with the Xbox One S set to "HDMI" on the soundbar, using ARC I gotta a lot of drop outs from using DTS.
post #81 of 145 Old 12-26-2017, 08:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Cuellar View Post
I have the MS650 and it decodes 5.1 DTS, and it sounds really good. I use the hdmi in on the soundbar with the Xbox One S set to "HDMI" on the soundbar, using ARC I gotta a lot of drop outs from using DTS.
Thanks for the reply- literally just in the door with my new soundbar- can't wait to test it out. Hopefully no issues with ARC 1...did you try another HDMI cable? Glad to hear it does in fact now decode dts 5.1 correctly.
This is a silly question but I'm assuming it is not necessary to attach the supplied rubber feet?...I don't want to to use them as the soundbar may block the bottom of my tv screen...
Peter T likes this.

SONY Bravia KD-65XE9005BU 4K UHD tv PANASONIC TX-40CX400B 4K UHD tv SONY UBP-X800 4K HDR Ultra HD player SONY BDP-S3700 Blu-ray player (U.S.)-*new 04/04/2019 SONY BDP-S760 Blu-ray player ES certified- Elevated Standard (UK) SAMSUNG BD-C6900 3D Blu-ray player (UK) SAMSUNG HW-MS650 Sound+ Soundbar
post #82 of 145 Old 12-26-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the reply- literally just in the door with my new soundbar- can't wait to test it out. Hopefully no issues with ARC 1...did you try another HDMI cable? Glad to hear it does in fact now decode dts 5.1 correctly.
This is a silly question but I'm assuming it is not necessary to attach the supplied rubber feet?...I don't want to to use them as the soundbar may block the bottom of my tv screen...
Yes, I have 3 high speed HDMI cables, the one movie I use to test is Planet Earth II something about playing 4k hdr/and DTS through ARC for this TV might be a challenge or maybe its a bandwidth issue for the TV(KS8000) itself, did you pick up the W700(sub) also?
post #83 of 145 Old 12-26-2017, 10:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yes, I have 3 high speed HDMI cables, the one movie I use to test is Planet Earth II something about playing 4k hdr/and DTS through ARC for this TV might be a challenge or maybe its a bandwidth issue for the TV(KS8000) itself, did you pick up the W700(sub) also?
I have a Sony tv so hopefully no issues with ARC...didn't get the sub but have heard it is excellent.

post #84 of 145 Old 12-26-2017, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
...I'm guessing there is an issue somewhere with the XBox One S...plugged my soundbar in, updated to latest firmware and everything working perfectly- zero issues with ARC. I find I have plenty of bass for my particular room so will not be adding a subwoofer.

post #85 of 145 Old 12-27-2017, 04:59 AM

Quote:
...I'm guessing there is an issue somewhere with the XBox One S...plugged my soundbar in, updated to latest firmware and everything working perfectly- zero issues with ARC. I find I have plenty of bass for my particular room so will not be adding a subwoofer.
Yea I went back to my set up, re-routed the HDMI to HDMI 1 slot with the Xbox One S, changed it all to bit stream, watched Blade Runner 2049 and it played just fine(man that movie sounds good, has a ton of synth and the bass notes from the guns firing sure are fun). Im glad I went back to check try another avenue of approach with my set up thanks man.
hsinnott likes this.
post #86 of 145 Old 12-28-2017, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Yea I went back to my set up, re-routed the HDMI to HDMI 1 slot with the Xbox One S, changed it all to bit stream, watched Blade Runner 2049 and it played just fine(man that movie sounds good, has a ton of synth and the bass notes from the guns firing sure are fun). Im glad I went back to check try another avenue of approach with my set up thanks man.
Went back to HDMI in on the MS650, W700 subwoofer sounded subdued on ARC. I tested the bass from Spider Tank scene on ARC it was not as impactful changing to the "HDMI IN' the subs power came through stronger, need to go back and rewatch Blade Runner 2049.
post #87 of 145 Old 12-29-2017, 03:16 AM
Advanced Member

Hi guys, I had few questions...

1. are there any other compatible rear speakers that will work with this soundbar other than the Samsung SWA-9000S Wireless Rears...?

2. how do you access the graphic equalizer type app to adjust the sound setting on your phone?

3. On the left hand side of the soundbar is there a light that is supposed to light up similar to the one on the right hand?

4. Is there any way to remove the front speaker grill as I would like to compare the sound quality with it removed?

post #88 of 145 Old 01-02-2018, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 44
What is the difference between the MS650 and the MS660?
I just ordered the MS660
Is there a difference in sound quality when connecting thru optical or HDMI?
Thanks
post #89 of 145 Old 01-02-2018, 11:19 AM

Liked: 2
I bought one of these for our family room TV. Sounds great. I connected my DirecTV Genie to the HDMI input and then connected to my HDMI ARC input on my Samsung TV. My only complaint is that it does not turn on automatically with the TV and DirecTV box. I have to turn them on, then pick up the remote for the soundbar and turn it on. I have tried programming the DirecTV remote to work with the soundbar, and I managed to get the volume up/down on the soundbar to work with the DirecTV remote, but no joy on the soundbar power. I even turned off the "auto power down" feature on the soundbar, hoping that it would just stay on all the time, but no luck with that either. I just wish Samsung stuff would work the way it should.

Edit - I installed the Samsung Multiroom app on my phone and updated the firmware of the soundbar. I will let you know if the "auto power down" feature is actually disabled now and keeps the soundbar turned on. Here's hoping!

Last edited by JayDeeBee; 01-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
post #90 of 145 Old 01-02-2018, 06:33 PM

Liked: 2
After upgrading firmware, soundbar still shuts off after 5 minutes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
ms650 , Samsung , soundbar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page