2017 VIZIO Sound Bar Collection - Page 18 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 60Likes

post #511 of 524 Old 06-24-2019, 06:37 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by pclement View Post
I will keep my eyes out for a good deal on the 3651.
Woot has these on a good price today. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 524 Old 06-25-2019, 07:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by edit4ever View Post
Woot has these on a good price today. :-)
Thanks. I have never used Woots. I will give that a try.
post #513 of 524 Old 06-27-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Thanks. I have never used Woots. I will give that a try.

The soundbar was just delivered today. I will give it a try tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #514 of 524 Old 06-28-2019, 05:36 AM

Quote:
The soundbar was just delivered today. I will give it a try tonight.
Ok. I got the soundbar hooked up via HDMI ARC and linked to the TV remote. The speakers and soundbar seem to work fine and are an improvement over the TV speakers (65" TCL series 6). I do have two issues. I did not receive the mounting hardware for the rear speakers (not too big of a deal). Second, I can not get the remote display to work (kind of a big deal). The remote will turn the volume up/down/mute and the speakers on and off. I can not use the menu or other buttons since there is no display. I put fresh batteries in the remote, but still no display. Does anyone know if there is something else I need to do?
post #515 of 524 Old 06-28-2019, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Ok. I got the soundbar hooked up via HDMI ARC and linked to the TV remote. The speakers and soundbar seem to work fine and are an improvement over the TV speakers (65" TCL series 6). I do have two issues. I did not receive the mounting hardware for the rear speakers (not too big of a deal). Second, I can not get the remote display to work (kind of a big deal). The remote will turn the volume up/down/mute and the speakers on and off. I can not use the menu or other buttons since there is no display. I put fresh batteries in the remote, but still no display. Does anyone know if there is something else I need to do?
Sounds like the remote is not working right - you probably want to get that replaced via warranty. But you can use the vizio smartcast app on your phone to control all the settings to get the soundbar setup. After that, you don't need the remote, since you can control the volume from the TV.
post #516 of 524 Old 06-28-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Sounds like the remote is not working right - you probably want to get that replaced via warranty. But you can use the vizio smartcast app on your phone to control all the settings to get the soundbar setup. After that, you don't need the remote, since you can control the volume from the TV.
Thanks for the advice. I pretty much knew it was the remote unit, but thought I would ask since today's tech sometimes has some quirky fixes. I tried Vizio on-line chat, but they were not much help. Kept asking if I had the speakers plugged in and whether other devices were plugged in. I had already told them the speakers were working and it was just the remote display that was not working. Asked me to pay to talk to a technician. I did not do that. I would think the remote display would come on without any hook ups as long as there were good batteries in the remote.
post #517 of 524 Old 07-02-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I pretty much knew it was the remote unit, but thought I would ask since today's tech sometimes has some quirky fixes. I tried Vizio on-line chat, but they were not much help. Kept asking if I had the speakers plugged in and whether other devices were plugged in. I had already told them the speakers were working and it was just the remote display that was not working. Asked me to pay to talk to a technician. I did not do that. I would think the remote display would come on without any hook ups as long as there were good batteries in the remote.
I was not able to get the display to light up. But I found if I put it directly under a light and looked at it at a 15 degree angle, I was able to faintly see the menu items. This allowed me to set up the speaker system. The one item I could not resolve was the AV Delay. Never quiet syncs with the picture. I think others have had that same issue.

I have contacted the seller about getting a replacement remote and mounting brackets.
post #518 of 524 Old 07-03-2019, 07:15 AM

Quote:
I was not able to get the display to light up. But I found if I put it directly under a light and looked at it at a 15 degree angle, I was able to faintly see the menu items.
I misunderstood what you meant by light up - the remote deosn't have a light on it - it can't be seen in the dark. It's just an lcd screen that turns black with "white" font. You have to have room light to see it.

I assume you connected the soundbar to the internet and updated the firmware? I have occasional sync issues, but it seems to be more specific app related than with the sound bar.
post #519 of 524 Old 07-08-2019, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Was just coming her to see if anybody has been able to fix the sync issues with these soundbars. Mine is so bad sometimes. Ive updated everything.. Ive factory reset it.. Still, depending on the channel, the sync goes way off.. to the point where I have to turn it off and back on again about every 5-10 minutes... generally I find a different channel to watch instead.

Ive tried, HDMI and Optical.. From my TV or from my cablebox... currently using optical from my TV. Whats wierd is I never have an issue with like Netflix from a Chromecast through my TV.. so I'm guessing its more which type of audio is getting passed?
post #520 of 524 Old 07-09-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
I misunderstood what you meant by light up - the remote deosn't have a light on it - it can't be seen in the dark. It's just an lcd screen that turns black with "white" font. You have to have room light to see it.

I assume you connected the soundbar to the internet and updated the firmware? I have occasional sync issues, but it seems to be more specific app related than with the sound bar.
Yes, thanks. I understand what the display should look like. I got the replacement remote last night and put new batteries in it. Now I can see the display fine. Just for kicks I put those same batteries in the previous remote. Wow, I could see that display fine too. Turns out the "fresh" replacement batteries I had previously used were not so fresh after all. I could not tell any difference between the remotes once I replaced the batteries. This is actually the third set of batteries I have tried. Problem solved!

Yes, I do have the latest firmware, but the sync issue continues. I do not notice it too much on Blu-ray discs just TV. And it varies depending on the channel I am watching. Audio is via HDMI-arc.
post #521 of 524 Old 07-24-2019, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Yes, thanks. I understand what the display should look like. I got the replacement remote last night and put new batteries in it. Now I can see the display fine. Just for kicks I put those same batteries in the previous remote. Wow, I could see that display fine too. Turns out the "fresh" replacement batteries I had previously used were not so fresh after all. I could not tell any difference between the remotes once I replaced the batteries. This is actually the third set of batteries I have tried. Problem solved!

Yes, I do have the latest firmware, but the sync issue continues. I do not notice it too much on Blu-ray discs just TV. And it varies depending on the channel I am watching. Audio is via HDMI-arc.

The audio sync issue continues. I have found that if I turn the TV and system off and then back on and do not change the channel the audio and vidio sync. But as soon as I change channels the audio and video do not sync. That is the only solution that consistently works. I would not recommend this soundbar system due to the sync issues.
post #522 of 524 Old 08-28-2019, 07:20 AM

Quote:
The audio sync issue continues. I have found that if I turn the TV and system off and then back on and do not change the channel the audio and vidio sync. But as soon as I change channels the audio and video do not sync. That is the only solution that consistently works. I would not recommend this soundbar system due to the sync issues.

Any updates on the sync issues? My solution is still to turn off the TV and soundbar and turn back on to the channel I plan to watch.
post #523 of 524 Old 09-12-2019, 07:57 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Any updates on the sync issues? My solution is still to turn off the TV and soundbar and turn back on to the channel I plan to watch.

Not that I have seen. Mine still does this constantly. Which sucks because I wanted to upgrade to a newer vizio bar when I buy a new TV to get some 5.1.2 goodness, but I'm not gonna drop coin on something that will continue to have this issue.

Sadly it seems Vizio isnt the only soundbar on the market that has sync issues. It seems inherent to soundbars in general for some reason. Never had a problem with my Onkyo receiver, so maybe its a form factor/heat issue or something.
post #524 of 524 Old 09-15-2019, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I’ve been experiencing a loss of connection to the subwoofer. You unplug both soundbar and subwoofer and plug them back in, all is good. Try synching via the pairing button and it can’t find it.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Model SB46514
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page