Samsung HW-MS750 Soundbar & SWA-W700 10" Wireless Sub Hands-On - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 55Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 341 Old 08-17-2017, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 15,460
Mentioned: 424 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8810 Post(s)
Liked: 15466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oledtech View Post
I just want to know if those two little extra upfiring speakers even make a difference vs the MS650.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhisc View Post
Me too... i just purchased the 650 last week and had no idea about the 750. Thinking if i should take it back or not.
Yes, to my ears, what they did was lift the soundstage up, so the sounds appear to be coming from the screen, instead of underneath it. Beyond that, the 750 is physically a bit wider, and plays louder. So, there is more going on than just the upfiring tweeters, as far as upgraded performance vs. the 650. You are not paying extra for just a gimmick, if that's what you're asking.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
imagic is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 341 Old 08-17-2017, 09:55 AM
Newbie
 
rhisc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks for that... with current sale on there is about $150 aud price difference. Do you think the 750 is noticeably better than the 650? Just thinking if it's worth exchanging... i do want to buy the sub as well
rhisc is offline  
post #33 of 341 Old 08-17-2017, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 15,460
Mentioned: 424 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8810 Post(s)
Liked: 15466
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhisc View Post
Thanks for that... with current sale on there is about $150 aud price difference. Do you think the 750 is noticeably better than the 650? Just thinking if it's worth exchanging... i do want to buy the sub as well
Yes, the 750 being physically wider and playing louder directly translate to better performance. And the "Surround" mode absolutely benefits from those elevation channels. I demoed both side-by-side and with the same content at CES, and have reviewed both, and the difference is apparent.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
imagic is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 341 Old 08-17-2017, 10:41 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
Yes, the 750 being physically wider and playing louder directly translate to better performance. And the "Surround" mode absolutely benefits from those elevation channels. I demoed both side-by-side and with the same content at CES, and have reviewed both, and the difference is apparent.
Following up on that (I have the 650 with the rears and considering upgrading), what is the better system between the 750 with sub and rears, vs the atmos 950?
bbusch is offline  
post #35 of 341 Old 08-17-2017, 10:58 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks for your great review .
Does the MS750 sounds noticeably better than the MS650 in sound modes like movie, where the elevation channels are not in use?
I ask because I have no flat ceiling and don’t know if the elevation channels will have a good effect in my room.
Will the elevation channels play different sounds in comparison to the other tweeters in the system? So if it won’t work with my ceiling will I miss out sounds?
And a last question, have you heard the Bose Soundtouch 300 with the Acoustimass 300? Because I can get a good deal on the Bose system and it would be nice if you can give me a short comparison .
Thank you.
yodasopa is offline  
post #36 of 341 Old 08-17-2017, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 15,460
Mentioned: 424 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8810 Post(s)
Liked: 15466
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodasopa View Post
Thanks for your great review .
Does the MS750 sounds noticeably better than the MS650 in sound modes like movie, where the elevation channels are not in use?
I ask because I have no flat ceiling and don’t know if the elevation channels will have a good effect in my room.
Will the elevation channels play different sounds in comparison to the other tweeters in the system? So if it won’t work with my ceiling will I miss out sounds?
And a last question, have you heard the Bose Soundtouch 300 with the Acoustimass 300? Because I can get a good deal on the Bose system and it would be nice if you can give me a short comparison .
Thank you.
Movie mode will sound just about identical. Yes I heard this system directly compared to the Bose. I do think Samsung has Bose beat for fidelity.
49Merc likes this.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
imagic is online now  
post #37 of 341 Old 08-18-2017, 07:20 AM
Member
 
peekytoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I couldn't decide between the MS650 and the MS750, so I just ordered both. (Open Box deals at BB are really swell!) I'll have 15 days to audition both side-by-side, then can return one. This is for a small NYC apartment, and I don't have plans to add the SWA-W700, so we'll see how each unit sounds in my environment without the sub. (Neighbors wouldn't have appreciated a sub anyhow.) I'm really intrigued by the 750's elevation channels, and curious to see how much of a difference it will make in my space.
49Merc and imagic like this.
peekytoe is offline  
post #38 of 341 Old 08-18-2017, 08:09 AM
CHG
Advanced Member
 
CHG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 778
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by peekytoe View Post
I couldn't decide between the MS650 and the MS750, so I just ordered both. (Open Box deals at BB are really swell!) I'll have 15 days to audition both side-by-side, then can return one. This is for a small NYC apartment, and I don't have plans to add the SWA-W700, so we'll see how each unit sounds in my environment without the sub. (Neighbors wouldn't have appreciated a sub anyhow.) I'm really intrigued by the 750's elevation channels, and curious to see how much of a difference it will make in my space.
Hopefully, you will get the MS750.

I ordered the 750 as a open box item (excellent, like new condition) from Best Buys website, and it arrived yesterday. The box is correct, but the soundbar is not. I received the curved J7500. Thought it was a pretty big discount on a new product, even for a open box.
CHG is offline  
post #39 of 341 Old 08-20-2017, 09:54 AM
Newbie
 
rhisc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ok so i traded the 650 up to the 750... and also added the W700 sub. Obviously the sub makes a big difference, although going from the 650 to the 750 is quite noticeable on its own... Imagic was spot on with what he said - the soundstage moves up and grows, and the unit plays louder. I'm very happy with the upgrade. The 750 also has 2x HDMI inputs instead of 1x, which is a nice bonus.

I was originally going for the Bose 300, but i found that without the sub it wasn't great... with the sub it does sound very good.
49Merc likes this.
rhisc is offline  
post #40 of 341 Old 08-20-2017, 11:38 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Also got this bar yesterday, liked it a lot so far. Didn't get the sub but the surrounds, they are very small but provide good enough immersion on the back.
Did experience some dropouts which I'm still trying to figure, nothing like the Denon Heos I had before (and main reason I returned it).

I haven't felt much of the height effect yet but very satisfied with the sound quality overall.

Only thing I noticed is there is no way to check what type of signal is coming in (DD, DTS, PCM), not sure if I'm missing something.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
49Merc likes this.
merhault is offline  
post #41 of 341 Old 08-21-2017, 09:19 PM
Member
 
handruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I stopped at Bestbuy on Sunday and picked up the SWA-W700 to pair along with my 650 that I bought a few months ago. The sub does a pretty good job with the low end so far and feels non-intrusive to the existing setup. I need to spend more time playing around with it and possibly re-positioning it in my living room to get the most out of it. The setup was pretty easy and now that the sub is paired with my 650 soundbar, the bass adjustment on the remote controls the sub whereas it formerly controlled bass on the soundbar. I'm guessing it might still adjust the bass on the soundbar but I don't really know what Samsung is doing in this situation. Are they actually crossing over the bass from the built-in drivers to the sub or do they all play in unison?

Does anyone know if you can pair more than one of these W700 subs to a 650 soundbar?
handruin is offline  
post #42 of 341 Old 08-21-2017, 09:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
its sounds good! maybe a try...
kelm is offline  
post #43 of 341 Old 08-23-2017, 12:07 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question

Between the MS650 with SWA-W700 sub, and the MS750 without, which would you go for?

Also, I notice, at least in the instruction manual, that the MS750 does not come with feet to raise the soundbar a cm or two. Is this right?
msandford is offline  
post #44 of 341 Old 08-23-2017, 04:20 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 15,460
Mentioned: 424 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8810 Post(s)
Liked: 15466
Quote:
Originally Posted by msandford View Post
Between the MS650 with SWA-W700 sub, and the MS750 without, which would you go for?

Also, I notice, at least in the instruction manual, that the MS750 does not come with feet to raise the soundbar a cm or two. Is this right?
I would choose the MS650 along with the subwoofer, no question.

That's correct, the Sound+ soundbars do not come with feet to raise 'em. On the other hand, I have yet to encounter a soundbar that does come with feet.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
imagic is online now  
post #45 of 341 Old 08-23-2017, 04:33 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
I would choose the MS650 along with the subwoofer, no question.
I did think that would be the case, I am just not sure about buying an all-in-one soundbar only to add a subwoofer anyway. Would you say the the MS650 with sub is up there with the best of other soundbars with sub included?
msandford is offline  
post #46 of 341 Old 08-23-2017, 04:57 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 15,460
Mentioned: 424 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8810 Post(s)
Liked: 15466
Quote:
Originally Posted by msandford View Post
I did think that would be the case, I am just not sure about buying an all-in-one soundbar only to add a subwoofer anyway. Would you say the the MS650 with sub is up there with the best of other soundbars with sub included?
A good subwoofer is a key component for any soundbar. If you add the W700 to the MS650 you'll wind up with a combo that's right up there with the very best soundbar offerings out there.
49Merc likes this.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
imagic is online now  
post #47 of 341 Old 08-24-2017, 08:26 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Granite State
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Netflix?

Just got this bar a couple days ago, doesn't seem to be pulling the surround audio from Netflix on any of my devices connected directly to it. I've got a PS4 Pro and Shield TV plugged into the soundbar, but neither of their Netflix apps are showing the 5.1 logo. Anyone else notice this?

Outside of this issue, the soundbar seems fantastic; I don't yet have the sub, probably get that closer to xmas. Seems like it has acceptable bass without it, but certainly doesn't rattle the apartment like the Def Tech W Studio Micro i upgraded from.
49Merc likes this.
Nelson2 is offline  
post #48 of 341 Old 08-24-2017, 08:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
49Merc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: North Texas
Posts: 2,424
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 675 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson2 View Post
Just got this bar a couple days ago, doesn't seem to be pulling the surround audio from Netflix on any of my devices connected directly to it. I've got a PS4 Pro and Shield TV plugged into the soundbar, but neither of their Netflix apps are showing the 5.1 logo. Anyone else notice this?

Outside of this issue, the soundbar seems fantastic; I don't yet have the sub, probably get that closer to xmas. Seems like it has acceptable bass without it, but certainly doesn't rattle the apartment like the Def Tech W Studio Micro i upgraded from.
Please help me better understand exactly what is a Shield TV? Have you tested the audio from a Blu-Ray movie or 5.1 HD movie?

Sony 4K XBR55X930E, Sony 4K UBPX800 Blu-Ray Player, Sony HTST 5000 SoundBar, DirecTV 4K HS17 w/2 Mini Genies, Panamax MR5100 Power Manager, Harmony Elite Remote, Monoprice Cables
49Merc is offline  
post #49 of 341 Old 08-24-2017, 08:50 AM
 
GordonTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Merc View Post
Please help me better understand exactly what is a Shield TV? Have you tested the audio from a Blu-Ray movie or 5.1 HD movie?
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shield/shield-tv/
GordonTV is offline  
post #50 of 341 Old 08-24-2017, 08:58 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Granite State
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Merc View Post
Please help me better understand exactly what is a Shield TV? Have you tested the audio from a Blu-Ray movie or 5.1 HD movie?
Not yet. Mostly just been watching TV, games, or streaming from Netflix. Using the native Netflix app on my TV (which is connected via ARC) does display the 5.1 logo when available. I'll try tossing The Hobbit Blu-Ray into my PS4 tonight, see if I get surround via that. Fairly new to this audio stuff, let me know if there are any other things I can do to test/fix. The whole reason I upgraded was to be able to have ARC and plug some inputs directly into the unit itself, as my TV had previously been sending only 2 channel to the Def Tech since it had to be connected via optical.
Nelson2 is offline  
post #51 of 341 Old 08-24-2017, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 15,460
Mentioned: 424 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8810 Post(s)
Liked: 15466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson2 View Post
Not yet. Mostly just been watching TV, games, or streaming from Netflix. Using the native Netflix app on my TV (which is connected via ARC) does display the 5.1 logo when available. I'll try tossing The Hobbit Blu-Ray into my PS4 tonight, see if I get surround via that. Fairly new to this audio stuff, let me know if there are any other things I can do to test/fix. The whole reason I upgraded was to be able to have ARC and plug some inputs directly into the unit itself, as my TV had previously been sending only 2 channel to the Def Tech since it had to be connected via optical.
I'm curious what to the output of both of the shield TV and the PS4 are set to. Multi-channel PCM? Bitstream?

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
imagic is online now  
post #52 of 341 Old 08-24-2017, 09:15 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Granite State
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
I'm curious what to the output of both of the shield TV and the PS4 are set to. Multi-channel PCM? Bitstream?
I'm at work, so I'll have to double check, but I believe the PS4 is set to bitstream - Dolby Digital (5.1). I don't remember seeing any of those options (PCM, LPCM, bitstream) with the Shield TV.
Nelson2 is offline  
post #53 of 341 Old 08-24-2017, 10:58 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson2 View Post
I'm at work, so I'll have to double check, but I believe the PS4 is set to bitstream - Dolby Digital (5.1). I don't remember seeing any of those options (PCM, LPCM, bitstream) with the Shield TV.


Where do you see the 5.1 logo you mention? I have one but see no messages on screen, only in the corner of the bar itself (but no surround info)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
merhault is offline  
post #54 of 341 Old 08-24-2017, 11:28 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Granite State
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by merhault View Post
Where do you see the 5.1 logo you mention? I have one but see no messages on screen, only in the corner of the bar itself (but no surround info)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5.1 logo appears in the Netflix app. It should be next to the Ratings area, with the quality of the video; or when playing a video you should be able to open the options and select 5.1 or stereo, if available.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Surround img.jpg (175.2 KB, 116 views)
Nelson2 is offline  
post #55 of 341 Old 08-24-2017, 03:18 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson2 View Post
5.1 logo appears in the Netflix app. It should be next to the Ratings area, with the quality of the video; or when playing a video you should be able to open the options and select 5.1 or stereo, if available.


I thought you were referring to the soundbar itself, this feature is dependent on the Netflix app within each platform I would think.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
merhault is offline  
post #56 of 341 Old 08-24-2017, 08:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
49Merc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: North Texas
Posts: 2,424
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 675 Post(s)
Liked: 133
For those uninformed souls such as myself the Shield Android TV is an Android TV-based digital media player produced by Nvidia.

Sony 4K XBR55X930E, Sony 4K UBPX800 Blu-Ray Player, Sony HTST 5000 SoundBar, DirecTV 4K HS17 w/2 Mini Genies, Panamax MR5100 Power Manager, Harmony Elite Remote, Monoprice Cables
49Merc is offline  
post #57 of 341 Old 08-24-2017, 10:38 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson2 View Post
I'm at work, so I'll have to double check, but I believe the PS4 is set to bitstream - Dolby Digital (5.1). I don't remember seeing any of those options (PCM, LPCM, bitstream) with the Shield TV.
I have the ms650 soundbar and a shield and ran into this issue. In a nutshell, the Samsung soundbar scan only decode Dolby digital. Not Dolby digital plus. Netflix streams in Dolby digital plus. The shield recognizes your soundbar doesn't decode Dolby digital plus and passes along a pcm stereo signal.

In contrast, appletv, firetv, native apps on your TV, also recognize that your soundbar doesn't except DD+, but they will the. pass along a Dolby digital signal. The shield will not do that. Folks surmise it is because the shield doesn't actually license the Dolby technology. Whereas the other devices and your tv do.

You will not get the shield and this soundbar to play true Dolby surround for any service that streams in DD+, like Netflix and amazon video. Your best bet is to go into the shield settings and set it to upconvert all PCM signals to 5.1 PCM.
bbusch is offline  
post #58 of 341 Old 08-25-2017, 06:52 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Granite State
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusch View Post
I have the ms650 soundbar and a shield and ran into this issue. In a nutshell, the Samsung soundbar scan only decode Dolby digital. Not Dolby digital plus. Netflix streams in Dolby digital plus. The shield recognizes your soundbar doesn't decode Dolby digital plus and passes along a pcm stereo signal.

In contrast, appletv, firetv, native apps on your TV, also recognize that your soundbar doesn't except DD+, but they will the. pass along a Dolby digital signal. The shield will not do that. Folks surmise it is because the shield doesn't actually license the Dolby technology. Whereas the other devices and your tv do.

You will not get the shield and this soundbar to play true Dolby surround for any service that streams in DD+, like Netflix and amazon video. Your best bet is to go into the shield settings and set it to upconvert all PCM signals to 5.1 PCM.
Yeah, I was coming to this conclusion. After playing the Hobbit blu-ray on my PS4, which did seem to be processing surround correctly, the Netflix app is now showing 5.1 as an option. Actually, checked my Apple TV which is hooked up to the TV and sends the audio through ARC, and that is using the Dolby Digital stream as well.

The Shield TV, no matter how many settings I change, just won't play any surround from the apps that use Dolby Digital + (Netflix, Amazon, Vudu). Pretty unfortunate, since it seems like the most advanced STB. I guess Android TV still needs some refinement.

Thanks to all that helped me troubleshoot this. Much Appreciation
Nelson2 is offline  
post #59 of 341 Old 08-27-2017, 03:34 PM
Member
 
peekytoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 15
So I’ve spend a week with both the MS750 and the MS650. A little laborious to constantly switch between the two, but it’s been an interesting comparison. The elevation channels on the 750 are great for movies, but I find that dialogue in Surround Mode is a little hard to hear. On both soundbars the Smart Mode button seems to be the best setting for dialogue. (Which, honestly, is the main reason I got a soundbar in the first place.) To my ears and in my space, I don’t think the small premium for the 750 will be appreciated. Especially since it seems like I’ll just be setting it on Smart Mode all the time. I will say though, going back to using my Samsung F8500’s built-in speakers is remarkably inferior to using either soundbar. Both the 650 and 750 offer a much richer sound, and the built-in bass is pretty extraordinary for a soundbar at this price, and without a sub.
hsinnott likes this.
peekytoe is offline  
post #60 of 341 Old 08-31-2017, 10:40 AM
Member
 
sherid00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
A few questions before I buy

I just moved into a new home and have been looking for a soundbar / sub combo for my downstairs TV. After reading the review and the comments this seems like a badass soundbar for a fair price. Ive also seen a few people say they purchased it from BestBuy so I looked and my local Best Buy does have them in stock but I had a few questions before I picked them up. First the model # for the soundbar is Model: HW-MS750/ZA for $699 and the Sub is Model: SWA-W700 $449 after a $50 rebate. Is this correct?

They are also tossing in for free a -Samsung - Wireless Rear Loudspeakers - works with select Samsung soundbars (Pair) - Black - Mount this Samsung wireless rear speaker kit and enjoy enhanced surround sound without taking up a lot of space. "The lightweight system is easy to setup, adding home-theater-quality enjoyment without the tangle of wires and confusing diagrams. This Samsung wireless rear speaker kit boasts low standby power usage and a slim design, making it an ideal option for placement in your home".

First off is this the best deal I'm going to find and do you guys recommend getting them at Best Buy? I'm usually pretty simple and have bought the $150 soundbars from Costco or Sams in the past but was looking for something more for the new house. Second if I buy this set up from Best Buy do I need to buy the Geek Squad protection plan. Its $200 for both items and its good for 4 years - I think its few bucks cheaper if you go 2 years but they have another $50 rebate on the 4 year warranty. Thanks everyone I love reading all your comments and these awesome reviews.

Total out the door with the protection plan is $1,354.96
Without protection plan $1,149.98
sherid00 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Soundbars

Tags
hw-ms750 , Samsung , soundbar , swa-w700

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off