Samsung HW-MS750 Soundbar & SWA-W700 10" Wireless Sub Hands-On - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 55Likes

post #61 of 341 Old 09-01-2017, 04:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherid00 View Post
I just moved into a new home and have been looking for a soundbar / sub combo for my downstairs TV. After reading the review and the comments this seems like a badass soundbar for a fair price. Ive also seen a few people say they purchased it from BestBuy so I looked and my local Best Buy does have them in stock but I had a few questions before I picked them up. First the model # for the soundbar is Model: HW-MS750/ZA for $699 and the Sub is Model: SWA-W700 $449 after a $50 rebate. Is this correct?

They are also tossing in for free a -Samsung - Wireless Rear Loudspeakers - works with select Samsung soundbars (Pair) - Black - Mount this Samsung wireless rear speaker kit and enjoy enhanced surround sound without taking up a lot of space. "The lightweight system is easy to setup, adding home-theater-quality enjoyment without the tangle of wires and confusing diagrams. This Samsung wireless rear speaker kit boasts low standby power usage and a slim design, making it an ideal option for placement in your home".

First off is this the best deal I'm going to find and do you guys recommend getting them at Best Buy? I'm usually pretty simple and have bought the $150 soundbars from Costco or Sams in the past but was looking for something more for the new house. Second if I buy this set up from Best Buy do I need to buy the Geek Squad protection plan. Its $200 for both items and its good for 4 years - I think its few bucks cheaper if you go 2 years but they have another $50 rebate on the 4 year warranty. Thanks everyone I love reading all your comments and these awesome reviews.

Total out the door with the protection plan is $1,354.96
Without protection plan $1,149.98
That's the exact deal I got from Best Buy: MS750, the rears for free and the subwoofer at a $50 discount. I love this soundbar. The bass from the soundbar is amazing in my opinion. I haven't even opened the subwoofer yet. I'm not sure if I'll keep it. I live in a townhouse and I'm thinking the subwoofer might be too much. The bass from the soundbar might be plenty good for me.
49Merc likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 341 Old 09-03-2017, 11:14 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylishGum View Post
That's the exact deal I got from Best Buy: MS750, the rears for free and the subwoofer at a $50 discount. I love this soundbar. The bass from the soundbar is amazing in my opinion. I haven't even opened the subwoofer yet. I'm not sure if I'll keep it. I live in a townhouse and I'm thinking the subwoofer might be too much. The bass from the soundbar might be plenty good for me.
Hey guys. I have the MS750+W700 and the rear speaker deal wasn't on when I grabbed them. Luckily, Best Buy said they would honour it. Is it worth having those particular rear speakers though? I've heard their quality isn't as good as the MS750 and as a result the overall experience isn't as good. What are your thoughts? Thanks!
post #63 of 341 Old 09-04-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin007 View Post
Hey guys. I have the MS750+W700 and the rear speaker deal wasn't on when I grabbed them. Luckily, Best Buy said they would honour it. Is it worth having those particular rear speakers though? I've heard their quality isn't as good as the MS750 and as a result the overall experience isn't as good. What are your thoughts? Thanks!
I've done a little back and forth turning the rear speakers on and off. I think I prefer having them on to have the surround effect. They do feel a bit cheap but I'm not expecting much from rears, just there for the surround effects. I didn't notice a change in the overall experience, but I'm not an audiophile.

What do you think of the subwoofer? Have you tried listening to the MS750 without it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 341 Old 09-04-2017, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Update

Quote:
I just moved into a new home and have been looking for a soundbar / sub combo for my downstairs TV. After reading the review and the comments this seems like a badass soundbar for a fair price. Ive also seen a few people say they purchased it from BestBuy so I looked and my local Best Buy does have them in stock but I had a few questions before I picked them up. First the model # for the soundbar is Model: HW-MS750/ZA for $699 and the Sub is Model: SWA-W700 $449 after a $50 rebate. Is this correct?

They are also tossing in for free a -Samsung - Wireless Rear Loudspeakers - works with select Samsung soundbars (Pair) - Black - Mount this Samsung wireless rear speaker kit and enjoy enhanced surround sound without taking up a lot of space. "The lightweight system is easy to setup, adding home-theater-quality enjoyment without the tangle of wires and confusing diagrams. This Samsung wireless rear speaker kit boasts low standby power usage and a slim design, making it an ideal option for placement in your home".

First off is this the best deal I'm going to find and do you guys recommend getting them at Best Buy? I'm usually pretty simple and have bought the $150 soundbars from Costco or Sams in the past but was looking for something more for the new house. Second if I buy this set up from Best Buy do I need to buy the Geek Squad protection plan. Its $200 for both items and its good for 4 years - I think its few bucks cheaper if you go 2 years but they have another $50 rebate on the 4 year warranty. Thanks everyone I love reading all your comments and these awesome reviews.

Total out the door with the protection plan is $1,354.96
Without protection plan $1,149.98
Quick update - Bestbuy has changed their discount so I can now get the HW-MS750/ZA for $629 and the SWA-W700 is still $449 but they have removed the wireless rear speakers. It sounds like those have been getting some negative reviews so that might not be that big a deal. Total $1079 without Geek Squad protection

or

They have the HW-MS750/ZA for $440 open box, but you lose the $50 rebate on the SWA-W700. Total would be $940

I realize there is no definitive answer but is this a solid choice for $1000. I would hate to spend this kind of money to find out I could have spent a few extra bucks and got something that either sound better or has some new tech that I need like Atmos? I don't understand half of the things it has I don't want to miss something that it lacks. Last thing is the warranty, it's only an extra $150ish for 4 years. But do I need it? Do these things fail often? Thanks again.
49Merc likes this.
post #65 of 341 Old 09-04-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
I've done a little back and forth turning the rear speakers on and off. I think I prefer having them on to have the surround effect. They do feel a bit cheap but I'm not expecting much from rears, just there for the surround effects. I didn't notice a change in the overall experience, but I'm not an audiophile.

What do you think of the subwoofer? Have you tried listening to the MS750 without it?
I'm no audio guru, but buddy believe me when I tell you having the sub really adds a great punch to the system.

I started with the MS650 on its own. I'm in a condo, sit about 7ft from the TV/soundbar, 9ft ceiling. I found myself turning up the volume quite high and still thinking it's not loud enough. Explosions in movies weren't even making me blink. I also wasn't satisfied with the amount of bass. It was ok for not having a separate sub, but I didn't feel the wow factor. This could be because a good friend of mine has a full Atmos SVS system with a >$2500 subwoofer and my ears bleed every time I go there. Either way I felt the MS650 was pretty good especially for a condo. My wifes' dad wanted it so he said get yourself something else and he will take mine. So the hunt began.

Great timing, the MS750 was just being released. We live in Toronto and at the time of looking, and still now, it was not available in Canada. So I took a blast to Buffalo, grabbed it and the W700 at the local Best Buy. When the sales guy was grabbing them for me he said "Dude, you're gonna like this". Already getting good vibes. Anyway, I get it home and start the set up. Super easy. Having a Samsung KS8000 TV made the set up even easier. I never dealt with older Samsung products but these products synced very easily. I set it to movie mode and threw in Mad Max 4K on my Xbox One S. Holy sh*t! I had the volume at 20 and already it was noticeably louder and better sounding than the MS650. That bass though, it really surprised me. I slowly raised the volume to 30. Perfect! Well perfect for me being on the top floor of our 8 story condo and having young, chill neighbours. The bass in movie mode was default at 0 and it was plenty, borderline overpowering, but I love it! Overall a blast for the movie experience.

To answer your question, I rewatched certain scenes in Mad Max with the sub unplugged. I can definitely see the MS750 on its own satisfying plenty of people. Noticeably more punchy than the MS650. I wouldn't say the addition of the W700 is a must...however, I feel that once you have experienced the combo, you won't feel the MS750 is enough on its own. That's just my experience and opinion. I love a good rumble and this combo does not disappoint.
49Merc likes this.
post #66 of 341 Old 09-04-2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:

To follow up on my observations with the surrounds, I now think there is a bit of a difference. It seems with the surrounds on, the bass output by the soundbar is lessened a little bit. Hard to decide if I like it with the surrounds on or off now. I think I'm leaning towards off now.
49Merc likes this.
post #67 of 341 Old 09-04-2017, 07:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 675 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Quick update - Bestbuy has changed their discount so I can now get the HW-MS750/ZA for $629 and the SWA-W700 is still $449 but they have removed the wireless rear speakers. It sounds like those have been getting some negative reviews so that might not be that big a deal. Total $1079 without Geek Squad protection

or

They have the HW-MS750/ZA for $440 open box, but you lose the $50 rebate on the SWA-W700. Total would be $940

I realize there is no definitive answer but is this a solid choice for $1000. I would hate to spend this kind of money to find out I could have spent a few extra bucks and got something that either sound better or has some new tech that I need like Atmos? I don't understand half of the things it has I don't want to miss something that it lacks. Last thing is the warranty, it's only an extra $150ish for 4 years. But do I need it? Do these things fail often? Thanks again.
Maybe just me but I would go stay away from the open box. Go all new.

Sony 4K XBR55X930E, Sony 4K UBPX800 Blu-Ray Player, Sony HTST 5000 SoundBar, DirecTV 4K HS17 w/2 Mini Genies, Panamax MR5100 Power Manager, Harmony Elite Remote, Monoprice Cables
post #68 of 341 Old 09-04-2017, 07:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm no audio guru, but buddy believe me when I tell you having the sub really adds a great punch to the system.

I started with the MS650 on its own. I'm in a condo, sit about 7ft from the TV/soundbar, 9ft ceiling. I found myself turning up the volume quite high and still thinking it's not loud enough. Explosions in movies weren't even making me blink. I also wasn't satisfied with the amount of bass. It was ok for not having a separate sub, but I didn't feel the wow factor. This could be because a good friend of mine has a full Atmos SVS system with a >$2500 subwoofer and my ears bleed every time I go there. Either way I felt the MS650 was pretty good especially for a condo. My wifes' dad wanted it so he said get yourself something else and he will take mine. So the hunt began.

Great timing, the MS750 was just being released. We live in Toronto and at the time of looking, and still now, it was not available in Canada. So I took a blast to Buffalo, grabbed it and the W700 at the local Best Buy. When the sales guy was grabbing them for me he said "Dude, you're gonna like this". Already getting good vibes. Anyway, I get it home and start the set up. Super easy. Having a Samsung KS8000 TV made the set up even easier. I never dealt with older Samsung products but these products synced very easily. I set it to movie mode and threw in Mad Max 4K on my Xbox One S. Holy sh*t! I had the volume at 20 and already it was noticeably louder and better sounding than the MS650. That bass though, it really surprised me. I slowly raised the volume to 30. Perfect! Well perfect for me being on the top floor of our 8 story condo and having young, chill neighbours. The bass in movie mode was default at 0 and it was plenty, borderline overpowering, but I love it! Overall a blast for the movie experience.

To answer your question, I rewatched certain scenes in Mad Max with the sub unplugged. I can definitely see the MS750 on its own satisfying plenty of people. Noticeably more punchy than the MS650. I wouldn't say the addition of the W700 is a must...however, I feel that once you have experienced the combo, you won't feel the MS750 is enough on its own. That's just my experience and opinion. I love a good rumble and this combo does not disappoint.
How are vocals with the 750? That aspect is very important to me. I hope you do not have to blast the volume to obtain clear vocals. Is there a setting to improve vocals? I'm glad the W700 is a good addition.

Sony 4K XBR55X930E, Sony 4K UBPX800 Blu-Ray Player, Sony HTST 5000 SoundBar, DirecTV 4K HS17 w/2 Mini Genies, Panamax MR5100 Power Manager, Harmony Elite Remote, Monoprice Cables
post #69 of 341 Old 09-04-2017, 08:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Liked: 402
The W700 only has 25W?
post #70 of 341 Old 09-04-2017, 08:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 1887 Post(s)
Liked: 1084
25W is plenty to keep up with a sound bar that only has 3" speakers. Plus it is probably a 'real' 25 watts and not some inflated figures others advertise.
post #71 of 341 Old 09-04-2017, 09:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Has anyone compared the MS75 & W700 with the Sony 5000 and Bose 300?

post #72 of 341 Old 09-04-2017, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Merc View Post
How are vocals with the 750? That aspect is very important to me. I hope you do not have to blast the volume to obtain clear vocals. Is there a setting to improve vocals? I'm glad the W700 is a good addition.
The vocals are very crisp in movie mode and I believe even more in smart mode. I don't find myself ever tinkering with volume during quiet speaking scenes which is nice.
49Merc likes this.
post #73 of 341 Old 09-04-2017, 10:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The vocals are very crisp in movie mode and I believe even more in smart mode. I don't find myself ever tinkering with volume during quiet speaking scenes which is nice.
I'm more concerned during television and dvr playback. Is that smart mode? I'm one of those find a good setting and leave it there.

post #74 of 341 Old 09-04-2017, 11:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellebob View Post
25W is plenty to keep up with a sound bar that only has 3" speakers. Plus it is probably a 'real' 25 watts and not some inflated figures others advertise.

Yeah Best Buy states 200W in the title. Samsung's actual site has no detailed info. I ordered this combo. Once it arrives, 14 days to love or hate it before pre-order ends on the NakaMichi Shockwafe Elite 7.2. I already have Samsung everything. Simple integration may keep a hold on me.
post #75 of 341 Old 09-05-2017, 03:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 1887 Post(s)
Liked: 1084
Quote:
Has anyone compared the MS75 & W700 with the Sony 5000 and Bose 300?
I haven't had the chance to try this Samsung bar but between the 5000 and 300, I would go with the 300 for sound quality. If you add the surrounds it can give a nice presentation. I think many of Bose products are over priced but I think Bose really upped their game with this particular unit and is competitive with other products in its price range.
49Merc likes this.
post #76 of 341 Old 09-05-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
I'm more concerned during television and dvr playback. Is that smart mode? I'm one of those find a good setting and leave it there.
We don't have cable. Just Netflix. All the shows on there sound great.
49Merc likes this.
post #77 of 341 Old 09-05-2017, 11:53 PM
Advanced Member

Does anyone know where to get the pass-through power cable that comes with the wmn300sb wall mount?
post #78 of 341 Old 09-07-2017, 05:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydeweyz View Post
Does anyone know where to get the pass-through power cable that comes with the wmn300sb wall mount?
That cable comes with the mount. Contact Samsung Customer Care for a replacement.

post #79 of 341 Old 09-07-2017, 05:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
That cable comes with the mount. Contact Samsung Customer Care for a replacement.
I don't own the mount. I just want the cable. If anyone owns the mount, is the cable labeled with a part number?
post #80 of 341 Old 09-07-2017, 08:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I don't own the mount. I just want the cable. If anyone owns the mount, is the cable labeled with a part number?
Goggle wmn300sb wall mount. The manual list the part number in the installation text. Time to go hunting.

post #81 of 341 Old 09-07-2017, 09:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
This what is shown in the mount MFR # WMN300SB/ZA owners manual - TV Power Cable X 1. If not correct contact Samsung Support at 1-800-726-7824, www.samsung/us/support.

Information and links found at Crutchfield site: https://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/Im...305WMN300S.PDF.

My research is a gift. With respect, you could have easily done it yourself.

post #82 of 341 Old 09-07-2017, 09:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Goggle wmn300sb wall mount. The manual list the part number in the installation text. Time to go hunting.
Thank you for your research gift. I already checked the manual online, but no part number listed. That's why I asked if anyone owns the mount had additional info. Not a big deal. It'll pop up eventually.
post #83 of 341 Old 09-07-2017, 11:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thank you for your research gift. I already checked the manual online, but no part number listed. That's why I asked if anyone owns the mount had additional info. Not a big deal. It'll pop up eventually.
MAJOR EDIT:'
More research revealed you should be able to acquired the need power cable from Samsung Parts, (J&J Parts) should be able to help you order the parts you are looking for.

You can reach them at 1-800-627-4368 (Mon - Fri from 9:00 A.M to 8:30 P.M EST)

Alternatively, you can contact them at Samsung Parts, Accessories, DLP TV Lamp, Remote Controls, AC Adapters Samsung Parts, Accessories, DLP TV Lamp, Remote Controls, AC Adapters Authorized Samsung parts and accessories distributor for cell phones, consumer electronics, digital cameras and ...

When you contact either of these locations be sure to have the mounts MFR # WMN300SB/ZA Good luck and let me know if you were successful!
cydeweyz likes this.

post #84 of 341 Old 09-09-2017, 02:28 PM
Advanced Member

Ok. I get it now. For those of you who kept talking about this sound bar sounds good even without a subwoofer, I could not believe it. Listening to whatever Best Buy was demoing was not inspiring. I took a gamble on an open box for both pieces and the MS750 arrived early. I've been listening all day and I can't believe how good this sounds by it self. That makes me just that much more excited about the arrival of the W700.
49Merc likes this.
post #85 of 341 Old 09-11-2017, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Ok. I get it now. For those of you who kept talking about this sound bar sounds good even without a subwoofer, I could not believe it. Listening to whatever Best Buy was demoing was not inspiring. I took a gamble on an open box for both pieces and the MS750 arrived early. I've been listening all day and I can't believe how good this sounds by it self. That makes me just that much more excited about the arrival of the W700.
Yeah man, it'll knock your socks off.

As a separate thought, is anyone else having some trouble with syncing the sound to the picture? I have a Samsung KS8000 and currently have the sound delay set to 100ms. Default was 80ms but it still felt off to me. I watch movies from my xbox one S. Anyone else having this? It's so distracting to me when someone in a movie is speaking and the lips are off.
post #86 of 341 Old 09-11-2017, 09:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yeah man, it'll knock your socks off.

As a separate thought, is anyone else having some trouble with syncing the sound to the picture? I have a Samsung KS8000 and currently have the sound delay set to 100ms. Default was 80ms but it still felt off to me. I watch movies from my xbox one S. Anyone else having this? It's so distracting to me when someone in a movie is speaking and the lips are off.

Same TV. No issues thru AppleTV, Samsung 4k player or Xfinity X1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #87 of 341 Old 09-11-2017, 09:32 PM
Advanced Member

Samsung HW-MS750 Soundbar & SWA-W700 10" Wireless Sub Hands-On

Got the W700 setup. It definitely changes something and Samsung provides no documentation. Soundbar seems to lose its bass. I discovered the remote Bass/Treble don't seem to be tied to the Multiroom app Tone-Bass/Treble or EQ. I had to use the remote to turn the Bass +6 to get my music sounding decent again. I also discovered you can turn the top height speakers up thru the remote settings, so I +6'd those as well. Too late to test how that sounds now, but I played a few scenes from Oblivion thru my AppleTV and it seems positive.

post #88 of 341 Old 09-12-2017, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Same TV. No issues thru AppleTV, Samsung 4k player or Xfinity X1.

Quote:
Got the W700 setup. It definitely changes something and Samsung provides no documentation. Soundbar seems to lose its bass. I discovered the remote Bass/Treble don't seem to be tied to the Multiroom app Tone-Bass/Treble or EQ. I had to use the remote to turn the Bass +6 to get my music sounding decent again. I also discovered you can turn the top height speakers up thru the remote settings, so I +6'd those as well. Too late to test how that sounds now, but I played a few scenes from Oblivion thru my AppleTV and it seems positive.

Could you go into your Expert Sound Settings and tell us how many ms your delay is set to? I think 80 was default.
Let us know how it sounds with +6 on bass and top speakers. Awww yeah
post #89 of 341 Old 09-12-2017, 09:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mine is set at 80 default. So far it sounds nice with the volume low but I can't test loud until the weekend.

post #90 of 341 Old 09-14-2017, 10:52 PM
Advanced Member

I ordered the 9000s rear speakers from Amazon Marketplace a few days ago (deal too good to pass on). I actually prefer Surround mode to Smart mode with the rears connected. Chart below explains why. 7.1 with the sub. Without them, Smart mode seemed like the smarter choice. Only a few hours in. The weekend will be the true test.
hsinnott likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
hw-ms750 , Samsung , soundbar , swa-w700