Official Nakamichi Shockwafe 9.2 and 7.2 dts:x dual subwoofers soundbars thread - Page 110 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1195Likes

post #3271 of 4577 Old 03-05-2019, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
I wonder if this is one of the reasons there are just so many refurbished units available. People have 1 thing that won't work and they send it back in frustration
Can you blame them? Some people are sick of buying a product and not having it work for them only to hope/be told a future update will fix only to find in the future it either does not fix it or fixes it but introduces new problems. When I buy something I want it to work with everything that it should work with. In my case I have a problem with CEC. It is 2019 and CEC should work. My soundbar always switches back to arc on power up. If I turn off cec-opt then it stays on hdmi 2, but then the soundbar will not power on with the tv (it powers off correctly). With cec-opt on it powers on and off correctly. My mother has the same brand of tv but different model with a yamaha receiver and cec works every time. It is in these cases where the more options a company gives you on the device the better off you are. If it just had an option to set a specific input at soundbar power on it would at least solve this. I also get audio dropouts randomly on roku (this could be a roku bug or soundbar but my moms works fine so I have to assume its soundbar). I was actually better off pre atmos firmware when I plugged roku into tv.

Last edited by Eric Van Boven; 03-05-2019 at 08:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3272 of 4577 Old 03-05-2019, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by utee05 View Post
I think this may be the problem with my Apple TV 4k. I had it set to 4:2:2 and just reverted it back to 4:2:0. I have the 7.2 pro and on stock firmware.
Technically 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 are very similar and it is mostly beneficial for displaying text. I guess when the new firmware coming out in April (saw the date on their website) should improve the case with dolby vision and hdr10 support.

TV: LG OLED65C7P
Soundbar: Shockwafe Ultra 9.2 DTSX, "Looking for another set for bedroom"
Device: Amazon Fire TV Cube, Apple TV 4K, PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, Sony BluRay Player UBP-X800, Roku Ultra 4K,
post #3273 of 4577 Old 03-05-2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman805 View Post
Hey guys. new to the forum this is my first post. i bought the 7.1 pro system from walmart about a month ago and it sounds great and i think i’ve got my preferred sound settings tweaked now. i’m waiting on the update for atmos and dolby vision to plug any of my sources into the bar itself. I’ve run into a couple issues that i can’t seem to work out and maybe there’s not real solution.

both issues seem to be with cec and i’m not sure if it’s the sound bar, my tv or my source device.

my equipment and setup right now are as follows.

nakamichi 7.1 pro dtsx hooked up to my vizio p65-f1 via hdmi arc. firestick 4k and ps4 hooked up to the tvs other hdmi ports.
Once the update comes out i’ll be hooking the fire stick and probably the ps4 to the bars other hdmi inputs.

The problem i’m tuning into is this. the tv has a couple of options for cec. cec enabled and cec arc only. the nakamichi setup guide for vizio tvs says to select arc only. in my current setup where my firestick is plugged into the tv the arc only option eliminates my fire sticks ability to switch inputs when pressing the home button on the firestick remote. with cec enable for all inputs however i run into an odd issue where my tv or sounbar power on on their own so i’ll come home from work to find my tv on. so this has forced me to chose cec for arc only but then i lose the convenience of pressing the home button on my firestick remote and having it switch the tv input to the correct one.

i tried setting up the firestick plugged directly into the soundbar to see if somehow the cec would get passed through the bar to the tv and switch inputs but no luck.

in the firestick settings there is an option to select which input it’s supposed to change on the tv and soundbar respectively when pressing the home button on the remote. i’ve selected hdmi 1 (arc) for the tv and hdmi 2 (where the firestick is connected) for the soundbar. with these settings and the stick plugged into the bar i can get the bar to switch the input to hdmi 2 as it should but the tv will stay on whatever input with no change.

so to sum it all up. if cec is enabled my tv turns itself on. if it’s set to arc only i lose the convenience of the firestick remotes cec home button functionality.

any advice would be greatly appreciated. i’ve done a couple hdmi refers sequences to no avail.
if your main streaming device is the Fire TV stick 4K, I believe you can try to connect it directly to Soundbar HDMI port, setting the fire tv stick audio to output Dolby Digital, and configure something called equipment control. As far as I know, it uses IR remote code to control the Soundbar instead. I tried it for my bedroom setup and it works as it should.

As far as I can recall, Vizio TV CEC feature is not the fantastic one to start with. I have friend with Vizio Tv and Sony soundbar and the cec setup seems to be buggy. He said the best is to turn on his soundbar first before turning the rest of the device on. This helps the TV to pick up the cec connection. Not sure why this is happening and just a feedback from my friend.

Device: Amazon Fire TV Cube, Apple TV 4K, PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, Sony BluRay Player UBP-X800, Roku Ultra 4K,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3274 of 4577 Old 03-05-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Sylvain View Post
So I am having issues with support. I have called numerous times and I am never answered , but get a call back while I am listening to a message telling me no one is available. There is also a really bad language barrier and all I am getting is someone reading me things listed on the site. I am just trying to get clarification on the proper SSE setting. One section of the website says it is for different sound object location, but another says it’s just for room size. I have the 9.2 ultra 2018 with the upgraded firmware. I have the satellites configured in the full elevation position. My room is approximately 16’x13’ and I have the tv on the shorter wall. Satellites are 6’ away from sweet spot and just above head height. Both subs are just behind the sweet spot on each end of the sofa. Anyone care to help? I love the system and everything works fine. Just want to dial it in
I believe ultimately the SSE mode is for different vertical effect strength. I always go with SSE 3 for the best effect. Based on your room size, according to the user manual, small room size setting is recommended. there is a "room size" button on the soundbar remote to change that.

post #3275 of 4577 Old 03-05-2019, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhyena69 View Post
I have a 7.1 dts-x, too.
I dont have an option for cec on&off in the setup menu either.

I guess 7.1 model doesn't have that option.

나의 LM-Q815L 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
Ya this cec o&off feature was added in the new Atmos firmware for the 9.2. Looks like 7.2 and 7.2 will be having this issue soon once the soundbar is upgraded with the atmos firmware.

post #3276 of 4577 Old 03-05-2019, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Van Boven View Post
Can you blame them? Some people are sick of buying a product and not having it work for them only to hope/be told a future update will fix only to find in the future it either does not fix it or fixes it but introduces new problems. When I buy something I want it to work with everything that it should work with. In my case I have a problem with CEC. It is 2019 and CEC should work. My soundbar always switches back to arc on power up. If I turn off cec-opt then it stays on hdmi 2, but then the soundbar will not power on with the tv (it powers off correctly). With cec-opt on it powers on and off correctly. My mother has the same brand of tv but different model with a yamaha receiver and cec works every time. It is in these cases where the more options a company gives you on the device the better off you are. If it just had an option to set a specific input at soundbar power on it would at least solve this. I also get audio dropouts randomly on roku (this could be a roku bug or soundbar but my moms works fine so I have to assume its soundbar). I was actually better off pre atmos firmware when I plugged roku into tv.
I do agree with you that some people are expecting the product purchased to work straightaway and frankly speaking this isnt the easiest soundbar to setup in the market. However, the setup process is still pretty straightforward and all the setup instructions has been working very well so far. Nak is probably the only company that concerns about the users. They have a very comprehensive settings information for most of the main stream devices in the market.

You are right that we are in 2019 however the TV makers doesn't seems to standardize all the CEC protocols for best compatibility. it is all down to their own interest for the best of their ecosystem. If you spend some time to looks at amazon reviews for other soundbars, cec issue is always the top complain by users. This is just how bad and fragmented for the cec. I think it is unfair to blame the sound system for the cec issue as TV makers are the guys to decide how it should be. sound system is designed to react to the cec command only.

I think one thing the best to take away from here is Nak team has been very responsive and helpful for their customer support. My friend bought a Samsung soundbar and it doesn't compatible with his samsung q9fn. The customer support is fairly pathetic as he always getting the standard reply. this is where I am glad that I bought nakamichi product and their customer support is top notch. I think you should drop them an email to feedback about your case to them.

post #3277 of 4577 Old 03-05-2019, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrfighter View Post
Well, then, thats nice to hear. I am having a crappy day, I work in software, so when I am not in a good mood, I just assume the worse. Good thing I'm usually in a better mood than today. And you just made that happen... and a margarita at lunch.................. hope anyone I work for doesn't know my handle and googles me!
I have few colleagues who are working in software. not exactly a group of optimistic people but I guess you guys need that a lot more optimism than others. cheers man.

post #3278 of 4577 Old 03-05-2019, 10:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micarina View Post
if your main streaming device is the Fire TV stick 4K, I believe you can try to connect it directly to Soundbar HDMI port, setting the fire tv stick audio to output Dolby Digital, and configure something called equipment control. As far as I know, it uses IR remote code to control the Soundbar instead. I tried it for my bedroom setup and it works as it should.

As far as I can recall, Vizio TV CEC feature is not the fantastic one to start with. I have friend with Vizio Tv and Sony soundbar and the cec setup seems to be buggy. He said the best is to turn on his soundbar first before turning the rest of the device on. This helps the TV to pick up the cec connection. Not sure why this is happening and just a feedback from my friend.

So i do use the firestick 4k as my main device. i had it plugged directly into the tv to get dolby vision until the 7.1 system gets the update. i decided i’d try it out hooked up to the bar itself and i’ve already got the equipment control settings dialed in. the firestick allows the home button to send a cec signal to both the soundbar and tv with the press of the firestick remotes home button. this is supposed to switch the input of the tv to the arc port and the soundbar to whatever port the firestick is in. this works as it should when i have my tvs cec setting to enabled. however it does not work properly when i set the tv to cec arc only. so you might be thinking well then why set it to arc only just leave it enabled for all hdmi ports. well that’s where my issue arises. with cec enabled across the board the tv and soundbar are turning on in the middle of the night without any command. i’m not sure if this is an issue with the bar or the tv or the firestick but the only solution i found was to select cec arc only on my tv. this stopped the tv turning on in the middle of the night or while i’m at work but then i lose the input switch home button functionality of the firestick. this isn’t the end of the world. i can still use the voice remote of the firestick to change inputs but it’s nice to just be playing playstation and then grab my firestick remote and hit the home button and have it switch back to the right input on both the soundbar and tv. again it works with cec enabled but the tv turns itself on at random. and with cec to arc only the home button press only switches the soundbar input.

Last edited by Postman805; 03-05-2019 at 10:07 PM.
post #3279 of 4577 Old 03-06-2019, 12:30 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
I do agree with you that some people are expecting the product purchased to work straightaway and frankly speaking this isnt the easiest soundbar to setup in the market. However, the setup process is still pretty straightforward and all the setup instructions has been working very well so far. Nak is probably the only company that concerns about the users. They have a very comprehensive settings information for most of the main stream devices in the market.

You are right that we are in 2019 however the TV makers doesn't seems to standardize all the CEC protocols for best compatibility. it is all down to their own interest for the best of their ecosystem. If you spend some time to looks at amazon reviews for other soundbars, cec issue is always the top complain by users. This is just how bad and fragmented for the cec. I think it is unfair to blame the sound system for the cec issue as TV makers are the guys to decide how it should be. sound system is designed to react to the cec command only.

I think one thing the best to take away from here is Nak team has been very responsive and helpful for their customer support. My friend bought a Samsung soundbar and it doesn't compatible with his samsung q9fn. The customer support is fairly pathetic as he always getting the standard reply. this is where I am glad that I bought nakamichi product and their customer support is top notch. I think you should drop them an email to feedback about your case to them.
Ya I know a lot of the manufacturers suck with the hdmi cec (mostly samsung) but I have a Le Eco and like I said works perfect with yamaha so I have a feeling it is the soundbar that needs to be fixed. When I press the home button on the Roku I can see it makes sure to tell the tv the correct input, just does not wake up the naka with cec-opt off (roku connected to the naka so it obviously is sending some hdmi cec through to the tv). Just weird stuff and I know soundbars are known to have hdmi cec issues I just hoped naka would be different. In the end its not the end of the world because I can leave cec-opt on and when I turn on tv, naka turns on, but I have to be careful to wait till it switches to arc before pushing a button on the roku to get it to switch back to hdmi2 otherwise it sometimes get caught into a black screen where I have to change the input to arc then back hdmi2 to get it to show the roku screen. It is that part that I want to try and avoid and if nak would just add an option in firmware to select which input you want it to be at boot (instead of just arc) would be so much easier.
post #3280 of 4577 Old 03-06-2019, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhyena69 View Post
Cross over....ok simple explain.

110hz
140hz
180hz

Lets say If you set it at 180hz, any sound less than 180hz goes to sub woofer. Which means base sounds heavier.

Higher number of preq. Means more sound to subwoofer. Lower number of preq. Means less sound to subwoofer.

I hope you can understand my lousy english.

나의 LM-Q815L 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
Your English is not lousy at least when I'm dictating text through my microphone on my phone. This phone is very close to being very replaced and should have been a long time ago but I was not impressed with the last couple years of cell phones so I'm still hanging out on the Galaxy 7s Edge is broken is it maybe.

It's why I look like a nutcase most of the time but, see that's nice now my text is jittering, no comment.

Crossover exactly is what you said and you get a like!

Crossover just to put a little more perspective on it is something you can play around with because maybe you're the type of person who just likes your base booming in which case you want to at 180 and then turn up bass but you might be the type of person that doesn't want you know your neighbors to kill you or another thing is you don't want it to overpower Bass but when it's really important say in a Star Wars shooting fight maybe you have your crossover lower but your bass higher.

180 Hertz tends to be the default not just for the Soundbar but it does give you options more bass but only in the big booms which means you lower the Hertz or do you want bass crying all the time which means you use a 180 and then you turn the bass to 10 but that's up to you. And if you live in a condo and apartment building probably your neighbors one time someone thought I had a domestic disturbance going on because I was just listening to music very loud with you subwoofers although that makes my point actually they couldn't hear the music the bass is so loud to realize oh I just calling noise disturbance not a domestic disturbance. Good times that night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

post #3281 of 4577 Old 03-06-2019, 07:33 AM

Quote:
I have few colleagues who are working in software. not exactly a group of optimistic people but I guess you guys need that a lot more optimism than others. cheers man.
I appreciate that because this is usually the two scenarios we have. We're on a gigantic team and the communication is horrible because there has to be project managers who do not project manage well and I end up doing it usually and then it gets better but they lose their jobs or they get fearful of their jobs and get mad at me so then it's not so much better like a win lose lose scenario.

Or there was the time someone wanted me to write proprietary ticket system like zendesk by myself which is the most insane thing to ask one person to do ever I'm sure there are more insane things that people have been asked but for me that was just like why don't you just buy the zendesk you just made 12 million dollars last year I think you can afford it.

But for this project I hope there are about three sound enthusiastic who are also great programmers and that will get there when someone also mentioned that I said that the 9.2 probably needs one more update it's because I've just seen like they're pretty happy with it but I think I've seen enough posts to know that there's some still things that are off a little bit because if they do hit them run finally did the lay on the other two would not be occurring.

But don't get me wrong I appreciate these from where people or software people whatever you want to call them actually commend them because I think they're also dealing with some business cross pollination that's the best way I can say it but to do sound and be a programmer is it's not a skill many people have. Maybe video game programmers but not the actual machine. I'm still rooting for Nakamichi all the way

post #3282 of 4577 Old 03-06-2019, 07:37 AM

Quote:
I appreciate that because this is usually the two scenarios we have. We're on a gigantic team and the communication is horrible because there has to be project managers who do not project manage well and I end up doing it usually and then it gets better but they lose their jobs or they get fearful of their jobs and get mad at me so then it's not so much better like a win lose lose scenario.

Or there was the time someone wanted me to write proprietary ticket system like zendesk by myself which is the most insane thing to ask one person to do ever I'm sure there are more insane things that people have been asked but for me that was just like why don't you just buy the zendesk you just made 12 million dollars last year I think you can afford it.

But for this project I hope there are about three sound enthusiastic who are also great programmers and that will get there when someone also mentioned that I said that the 9.2 probably needs one more update it's because I've just seen like they're pretty happy with it but I think I've seen enough posts to know that there's some still things that are off a little bit because if they do hit them run finally did the lay on the other two would not be occurring.

But don't get me wrong I appreciate these from where people or software people whatever you want to call them actually commend them because I think they're also dealing with some business cross pollination that's the best way I can say it but to do sound and be a programmer is it's not a skill many people have. Maybe video game programmers but not the actual machine. I'm still rooting for Nakamichi all the way

One more note about my phone just go with the phonetics because honestly it would be worse if I typed it. yeah you think this is bad you should see the screen on which I cannot type

post #3283 of 4577 Old 03-06-2019, 07:39 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I have been having issues with my Apple TV 4k connected to the nak. This is my main device I use for everything. I have it connected to hdmi 2 and I have cec turned off on the ATV and have audio set to 5.1 instead of auto. I am on stock FW on the 7.2 pro. Issues I have are picture going black or audio being dropped. I am using the hdmi cables that have been suggested from monoprice. I have also turned off CEC on my LG C7. I have unplugged the hdmi connections and reset the devices. Any other suggestions? I didn’t have any issues till this past week and I have had the nak for almost a month now. Nothing has changed in my setup at all.
post #3284 of 4577 Old 03-06-2019, 07:42 AM

Liked: 7
Hi guys,

I just purchased a Shockwafe Ultra 9.2 today.

Can you guys please give me some tips on how to best set it up connection wise and which sound settings and speaker placement should work best in your experience?

My room has a 9 ft ceiling and I sit about 12 ft from the soundbar.

My equipment:

Vizio PQ65F1 (Will upgrade to LG C9 when it’s out)
OPPO UDP203
Apple TV 4K
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro
Hades Canyon NUC
Xfinity 4K Box

Thanks in advance!
post #3285 of 4577 Old 03-06-2019, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by utee05 View Post
I have been having issues with my Apple TV 4k connected to the nak. This is my main device I use for everything. I have it connected to hdmi 2 and I have cec turned off on the ATV and have audio set to 5.1 instead of auto. I am on stock FW on the 7.2 pro. Issues I have are picture going black or audio being dropped. I am using the hdmi cables that have been suggested from monoprice. I have also turned off CEC on my LG C7. I have unplugged the hdmi connections and reset the devices. Any other suggestions? I didn’t have any issues till this past week and I have had the nak for almost a month now. Nothing has changed in my setup at all.

Maybe a reset will help? Disconnect all hdmi cables and power all devices off. Disconnect their power cord for like 10 mins and hook everything back on. You should be able to reset the hdmi connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #3286 of 4577 Old 03-06-2019, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrava View Post
Hi guys,

I just purchased a Shockwafe Ultra 9.2 today.

Can you guys please give me some tips on how to best set it up connection wise and which sound settings and speaker placement should work best in your experience?

My room has a 9 ft ceiling and I sit about 12 ft from the soundbar.

My equipment:

Vizio PQ65F1 (Will upgrade to LG C9 when it’s out)

OPPO UDP203

Apple TV 4K

Xbox One X

PS4 Pro

Hades Canyon NUC

Xfinity 4K Box

Thanks in advance!
I'm totally letting someone else go through that but it looks pretty good in terms of what you got but why would you have the Apple TV and other items when you already have an Xbox that has all the apps on it except for one or two you know plus or minus one or two, give or take, and no drive, i just don't get it what is so great about it I asked in the LG TV thread i just get shredded multiple times like How Dare I ask such a question but everyone is nice here so I'm just curious what is without a UHD Drive helping you so much with your Apple TV I'm so curious.

post #3287 of 4577 Old 03-06-2019, 07:45 AM

Also, has anyone successfully replaced the wires that connect the surround speakers to the subs?

My cat likes to chew on thin wires and I’d like to get a thicker gauge wire if possible.

Thanks again!
post #3288 of 4577 Old 03-06-2019, 07:50 AM

Quote:
I'm totally letting someone else go through that but it looks pretty good in terms of what you got but why would you have the Apple TV and other items when you already have an Xbox that has all the apps on it except for one or two you know plus or minus one or two at a dead just don't get it what is so great about it I asked in the LG TV thread and I've been shredded multiple times like How Dare I ask such a question but everyone is nice here so I'm just curious what is without a UHD Drive helping you so much with your Apple TV I'm so curious.

I only rent movies from iTunes, I have a big digital library of movies on iTunes and I use a lot of AirPlay. Also, in my humble opinion, the Crunchyroll app works best with the Apple TV.

I do custom PC and console builds for a living so that’s why I have so many pieces of equipment.
post #3289 of 4577 Old 03-06-2019, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Also, has anyone successfully replaced the wires that connect the surround speakers to the subs?

My cat likes to chew on thin wires and I’d like to get a thicker gauge wire if possible.

Thanks again!
RCA cables are RCA cables there actually plastic surrounded by a thin coat metal unless you start buying the heavy duty type of cable the type of thing where they would try to sell you a monster cable surge protector in the year 2000 for a hundred bucks except it's cheaper than that now thank God but as long as you just have RCA cables you can buy whatever you want if you have the one side that plugs in straight and the other one that stands up it goes into the speaker that's even better I don't think you're going to get better sound but if your cat chews through cables I'm not sure if you want to buy the cheapest or more expensive ones anyway it's either the sounds going to get there or it's not I mean there could be interference issues that's why you buy a higher quality cables but not if they're going to get chewed through I was just buy a 10-pack of crappy cables

post #3290 of 4577 Old 03-06-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
I only rent movies from iTunes, I have a big digital library of movies on iTunes and I use a lot of AirPlay. Also, in my humble opinion, the Crunchyroll app works best with the Apple TV.

I do custom PC and console builds for a living so that’s why I have so many pieces of equipment.
UHD discs are so much better though and if you have a large library of iTunes stuff you're stuck in the ecosystem of Apple you can't bring it to Windows or Android like you can if you use Windows or Android or Vudu or movies anywhere or whatever. So I guess my question is is it really that much nicer on iTunes because it's certainly more expensive.

post #3291 of 4577 Old 03-06-2019, 07:56 AM

Quote:
UHD discs are so much better though and if you have a large library of iTunes stuff you're stuck in the ecosystem of Apple you can't bring it to Windows or Android like you can if you use Windows or Android or Vudu or movies anywhere or whatever. So I guess my question is is it really that much nicer on iTunes because it's certainly more expensive.

I mean the thing is I just I've never seen a streamed movie look anywhere close to the disc ever and you said you had an Xbox which is good but I guess that's where I'm wondering because they cost the same except one is a disk drive that completely UHD and all sound formats all over the place an apple does not for the same exact price never mind the games just saying I keep seeing that people who bought stuff and iTunes maybe just want it I'm just curious to know if there's any other over arching reason that would make me want to watch it only on an Apple TV as opposed to disc or the many many streaming services there are out there that's what confuses me or do you just have a lot of hard drive space

post #3292 of 4577 Old 03-06-2019, 07:56 AM

Quote:
RCA cables are RCA cables there actually plastic surrounded by a thin coat metal unless you start buying the heavy duty type of cable the type of thing where they would try to sell you a monster cable surge protector in the year 2000 for a hundred bucks except it's cheaper than that now thank God but as long as you just have RCA cables you can buy whatever you want if you have the one side that plugs in straight and the other one that stands up it goes into the speaker that's even better I don't think you're going to get better sound but if your cat chews through cables I'm not sure if you want to buy the cheapest or more expensive ones anyway it's either the sounds going to get there or it's not I mean there could be interference issues that's why you buy a higher quality cables but not if they're going to get chewed through I was just buy a 10-pack of crappy cables

The cat does not chew on thick wires. If both ends of the cables are regular RCA connectors, I can use 12 AWG Speaker Wire with High Reflex Nylon Sleeving (I sleeve cables for my PC builds).

I can also cut them in custom length. That way I wont have extra wire hanging out and I minimize the chance of him chewing the cable.
starrfighter likes this.
post #3293 of 4577 Old 03-06-2019, 07:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Maybe a reset will help? Disconnect all hdmi cables and power all devices off. Disconnect their power cord for like 10 mins and hook everything back on. You should be able to reset the hdmi connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll give that a try. Didn’t let things sit unplugged for that long so won’t hurt to try that.
post #3294 of 4577 Old 03-06-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:

They charge 5.99 for a rental (same as Comcast), but they have Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos (unlike Comcast).

Also, I don’t buy movies on iTunes, I simply redeem the codes from my UHDs.

My cable service is included with the HOA.
post #3295 of 4577 Old 03-06-2019, 08:00 AM

Quote:
The cat does not chew on thick wires. If both ends of the cables are regular RCA connectors, I can use 12 AWG Speaker Wire with High Reflex Nylon Sleeving (I sleeve cables for my PC builds).

I can also cut them in custom length. That way I wont have extra wire hanging out and I minimize the chance of him chewing the cable.
Then do it

post #3296 of 4577 Old 03-06-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:
They charge 5.99 for a rental (same as Comcast), but they have Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos (unlike Comcast).

Also, I don’t buy movies on iTunes, I simply redeem the codes from my UHDs.

My cable service is included with the HOA.
It's been a long time since I've had Comcast but it's funny this many years later it really is still Comcast want to do that. Maybe you should consider although I don't know if they actually will save you money because you still need internet cutting the cord Comcast has never been good to me

post #3297 of 4577 Old 03-06-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Then do it

Are the inputs on the Surround speakers and Subwoofers regular RCA or are they proprietary?
post #3298 of 4577 Old 03-06-2019, 08:03 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I read that many people have an issue with black screen and audio drop outs with Apple TV on all different types of devices unless they use that 30 dollar Belkin HDMI cable that they sell I the Apple store
post #3299 of 4577 Old 03-06-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Are the inputs on the Surround speakers and Subwoofers regular RCA or are they proprietary?
They're not at all proprietary the only thing is that one side that goes to the subwoofer is straight and the one that goes in the speaker has that kind of stand-up fixture was just makes it easier to mount somewhere but it is so not proprietary

Last edited by starrfighter; 03-06-2019 at 08:09 AM.
post #3300 of 4577 Old 03-06-2019, 08:06 AM

Quote:
It's been a long time since I've had Comcast but it's funny this many years later it really is still Comcast want to do that. Maybe you should consider although I don't know if they actually will save you money because you still need internet cutting the cord Comcast has never been good to me

Comcast is terrible all around. We only use it (TV and internet) because it is included with our HOA maintenance.

Only my wife watches TV. I cut the cord a long time ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
button* , nakamichi shockwafe , nakamichi soundbar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page