Official Nakamichi Shockwafe 9.2 and 7.2 dts:x dual subwoofers soundbars thread - Page 12 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1305Likes

post #331 of 5172 Old 01-28-2018, 08:57 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Anyone who doesn't lose signal with their oppo. Might share their settings?
I also no longer get dolby vision for some movies. Like Spiderman homecoming

Used to get dolby vision when I do dual set up but now it's not working.
Idk if it's the TV or the player.

LG 65 C9 OLED Display
Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray Player (49-XXXX MODIFIED )
Home Theater 7.1.4 with yamaha RX3070
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 5172 Old 01-28-2018, 09:58 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4klover View Post

You might try connecting the Oppo to the TV and letting it do the switching instead of the soundbar to see if the issue then goes away, and if so, you'd know that the soundbar was the culprit.
post #333 of 5172 Old 01-28-2018, 10:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Merc View Post
Admittedly I have not read each reply. My take of the Nakamichi Shockwafe DTS:X Ultra 9.2 Soundbar concerns setup and room shape. I do agree this system seems awesome yet the Nakamichi Shockwafe DTS:X Ultra 9.2 Soundbar is a full fledged, almost full size audio system requiring a defined shaped room, room size and dedicated speaker locations. Seemingly, this system is basically the reverse of a soundbars intent. That being a audio component which in itself and a sub to can provide excellent audio without taking up much placement space. I am sensitive to this issue since our home does not and can not provide the required physical parameters necessary for such a fantastic system. Sadly, the Nakamichi Shockwafe Ultra 9.2 seems to be too much of a good thing for many soundbar consumers. Heck, our room is such a odd design I can't even add rear wireless speakers.

Absolutely, no criticism intended. Simply my view point.
I’ve got my 9.2 System set up in arguably the worst possible configuration imaginable in my smallish 10x15 man cave. Seriously if the Nakamichi engineers saw my setup they would be rolling on the floor laughing hysterically! Just to give you an idea I have my recliner set up directly in front of my LG C6. I’ve got my right subwoofer positioned just to the right of my recliner( in fact I am using the top of the right sub as an end table to hold my Naka remote) The right satellite is in dipole config and is roughly 1 foot from my right ear but is elevated to about 48 inches with a stand which I’m sure helps with the effects. To the left of my recliner is a 6 foot sofa and the left sub and satellites are positioned just to the left of that sofa exactly parallel with the right sub.

Not exactly a Nakamichi recommended setup eh? Yet it still sounds FRIGGIN AWESOME! I am still getting tremendous 360 degree spatial sound effects when playing either DTS:X or Atmos demo material in what is likely the worst setup ever imagined for a system such as this. So the bottom line is ( at least from my personal experience) don’t let the parameters of the room dissuade you from considering this system.

LG 55C6P OLED Display
Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray Player (65-0131 firmware)
ELAC unifi B5 Speakers
NAD C316BEE Stereo Amplifier
Nakamichi Shockwafe 9.2 Sound Bar (3.2 firmware)/Xbox One X 4K Gaming Console/Apple TV 4K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #334 of 5172 Old 01-28-2018, 10:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I’ve run into this Dolby Vision playback issue a couple of times. What usually fixes it is a complete reboot of the 203. In settings change the Oppo to “Energy Efficient” instead of network standby, turn the Oppo off for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.

Also be aware that Oppo has just released a beta firmware that you might want to try out.

LG 55C6P OLED Display
ELAC unifi B5 Speakers
Nakamichi Shockwafe 9.2 Sound Bar (3.2 firmware)/Xbox One X 4K Gaming Console/Apple TV 4K
post #335 of 5172 Old 01-28-2018, 10:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD_99 View Post
I’ve got my 9.2 System set up in arguably the worst possible configuration imaginable in my smallish 10x15 man cave. Seriously if the Nakamichi engineers saw my setup they would be rolling on the floor laughing hysterically! Just to give you an idea I have my recliner set up directly in front of my LG C6. I’ve got my right subwoofer positioned just to the right of my recliner( in fact I am using the top of the right sub as an end table to hold my Naka remote) The right satellite is in dipole config and is roughly 1 foot from my right ear but is elevated to about 48 inches with a stand which I’m sure helps with the effects. To the left of my recliner is a 6 foot sofa and the left sub and satellites are positioned just to the left of that sofa exactly parallel with the right sub.

Not exactly a Nakamichi recommended setup eh? Yet it still sounds FRIGGIN AWESOME! I am still getting tremendous 360 degree spatial sound effects when playing either DTS:X or Atmos demo material in what is likely the worst setup ever imagined for a system such as this. So the bottom line is ( at least from my personal experience) don’t let the parameters of the room dissuade you from considering this system.
From what I've read about the Shockwafe models I actually suspected that this performance could be had for those of us with less than ideal rooms. You have pretty much just confirmed my suspicions. Unlike the exacting needs of an Atmos setup, the Shockwafe delivers in spite of not having optimum conditions to operate in.

If there's anyone in the Phoenix area that would be willing to demo this gear I'd love to hear it.
post #336 of 5172 Old 01-28-2018, 11:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
I’ve got my 9.2 System set up in arguably the worst possible configuration imaginable in my smallish 10x15 man cave. Seriously if the Nakamichi engineers saw my setup they would be rolling on the floor laughing hysterically! ...

,,,Not exactly a Nakamichi recommended setup eh? Yet it still sounds FRIGGIN AWESOME! I am still getting tremendous 360 degree spatial sound effects when playing either DTS:X or Atmos demo material in what is likely the worst setup ever imagined for a system such as this. So the bottom line is ( at least from my personal experience) don’t let the parameters of the room dissuade you from considering this system.
Great post. I was going to reply to the "this is not a soundbar" post, but your real world experience confirms my feelings as well. The 9.2 has a lot of flexibility with the dipole option in small rooms, and one can obviously adjust the volume to compensate, unless you're purposely experimenting with your eardrums.

I'm still curious if Neural X gives any height effects in the absence ot any ceiling or even height speakers. It's uncharted territory.

Last edited by taichi4; 01-28-2018 at 11:31 AM.
post #337 of 5172 Old 01-28-2018, 11:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi4 View Post
Great post. I was going to reply to the "this is not a soundbar" post, but your real world experience confirms my feelings as well. The 9.2 has a lot of flexibility with the dipole option in small rooms, and one can obviously adjust the volume to compensate, unless your purposely experimenting with your eardrums.

I'm still curious if Neural X gives any height effects in the absence og any ceiling or even height speakers.
I'm really tempted to order!

I've been waiting for the LG 2018 models to release to see if I grab one of them or a reduced price 2017 model. In the meantime I'm using my old 52 LG70, non 4K, non HDR, and non a few other modern things too. Sound is delivered by my old Denon E300 in a 3.1 congig since our move to our current location.

No way do I want to move into a new OLED TV without a serious audio upgrade that will let me enjoy the full experience.
post #338 of 5172 Old 01-28-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I’ve run into this Dolby Vision playback issue a couple of times. What usually fixes it is a complete reboot of the 203. In settings change the Oppo to “Energy Efficient” instead of network standby, turn the Oppo off for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.

Also be aware that Oppo has just released a beta firmware that you might want to try out.
Thanks.
My oppo is modified lol so no updating for me
Anyway, will try your way
I guess you have it dual set up in other to get dolby vision right?
Single set up wouldn't work. Only hdr10
post #339 of 5172 Old 01-28-2018, 02:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 675 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:

Roll Tide!

Sony 4K XBR55X930E, Sony 4K UBPX800 Blu-Ray Player, Sony HTST 5000 SoundBar, DirecTV 4K HS17 w/2 Mini Genies, Panamax MR5100 Power Manager, Harmony Elite Remote, Monoprice Cables
post #340 of 5172 Old 01-29-2018, 02:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Admittedly I have not read each reply. My take of the Nakamichi Shockwafe DTS:X Ultra 9.2 Soundbar concerns setup and room shape. I do agree this system seems awesome yet the Nakamichi Shockwafe DTS:X Ultra 9.2 Soundbar is a full fledged, almost full size audio system requiring a defined shaped room, room size and dedicated speaker locations. Seemingly, this system is basically the reverse of a soundbars intent. That being a audio component which in itself and a sub to can provide excellent audio without taking up much placement space. I am sensitive to this issue since our home does not and can not provide the required physical parameters necessary for such a fantastic system. Sadly, the Nakamichi Shockwafe Ultra 9.2 seems to be too much of a good thing for many soundbar consumers. Heck, our room is such a odd design I can't even add rear wireless speakers.

You have a point there but I disagree with you regarding the system requiring a defined shaped room and dedicated speaker locations. I think there isn't a better solution because of the true surround sound that this soundbar delivers. If you had an oddly-shaped room, it would be much worse if you used a soundbar that relied on virtual/simulated surround effects to bounce off your walls. My living room is oddly-shaped due to the existence of my tall book shelves on the left and a large opening on the right to my kitchen. However, I have positioned the 4 surround speakers individually so that the surround sound is affected minimally by the shape of the room. There are indeed more cables because of the surround speakers but they are kept at the back of the room since they are connected to the 2 subwoofers (also placed at the back of the room). With the help of some tape, everything looks neat and there are no wires running across. As for having dedicated speaker locations, you can still get a surround sound experience that is very close to when the speakers are placed individually when you attach them together as dipoles. I used this configuration during the first few weeks after receiving my 9.2 system and loved it.
49Merc and taichi4 like this.
post #341 of 5172 Old 01-29-2018, 04:35 AM
Mark Henninger

Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9165 Post(s)
Liked: 16162
Quote:

It's a "Home Theater in a Box" in a soundbar form factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsLover View Post
You have a point there but I disagree with you regarding the system requiring a defined shaped room and dedicated speaker locations. I think there isn't a better solution because of the true surround sound that this soundbar delivers. If you had an oddly-shaped room, it would be much worse if you used a soundbar that relied on virtual/simulated surround effects to bounce off your walls. My living room is oddly-shaped due to the existence of my tall book shelves on the left and a large opening on the right to my kitchen. However, I have positioned the 4 surround speakers individually so that the surround sound is affected minimally by the shape of the room. There are indeed more cables because of the surround speakers but they are kept at the back of the room since they are connected to the 2 subwoofers (also placed at the back of the room). With the help of some tape, everything looks neat and there are no wires running across. As for having dedicated speaker locations, you can still get a surround sound experience that is very close to when the speakers are placed individually when you attach them together as dipoles. I used this configuration during the first few weeks after receiving my 9.2 system and loved it.
Yamaha's YSP approach relies on bounced sound. You need a shoebox-shaped room with hard walls and ceiling to get the best effect. It is highly room dependent.

But most virtual surround uses beamforming and phase shifting to create the 3D illusion. This works even if you have no walls i.e. in an open field.

Also, the Nakamichi does have side-firing drivers, so it is using reflection to widen the front soundstage.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum

Last edited by imagic; 01-29-2018 at 04:38 AM.
post #342 of 5172 Old 01-29-2018, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
yup
this sums it up perfectly
it does more than just your typical soundbar
I put man of steel last night just skipped through some chapters, I was where superman and faora were fighting

my goodness. i was just amazed. I could hear when the planes were coming all behind me and when the flew over my head after the attack
I felt all the sounds inside me ( hehe)
it's just so good. mind you all that without "atmos"

Last edited by 4klover; 01-29-2018 at 12:34 PM.
post #343 of 5172 Old 01-29-2018, 07:44 AM

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Official Nakamichi Shockwafe 9.2 and 7.2 dts:x dual subwoofers soundbars thread

Quote:

Yamaha's YSP approach relies on bounced sound. You need a shoebox-shaped room with hard walls and ceiling to get the best effect. It is highly room dependent.

But most virtual surround uses beamforming and phase shifting to create the 3D illusion. This works even if you have no walls i.e. in an open field.

Also, the Nakamichi does have side-firing drivers, so it is using reflection to widen the front soundstage.

Most of the soundbars with virtualization rely on reflection to create the audio delay as perceived surround effects, especially those without a single rear speaker.

Beamforming technique (especially yamaha) has very narrow sweet spot which is always the issue. For a 3-seater you can hear different sounding on 3 different seats. Heard it personally at my friend house and the effect was really average and somehow a bit strange.

While nakamichi is not the cleanest in terms of setup but I believe discrete surround speakers can provide the most reliable and consistent surround effect regardless on the shape of the room. Coming as an owner of traditional 5.1 system, I feel the ultra 9.2 is doing really good job to bridge the gap between convenient setup and true immersive surround.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
taichi4 likes this.

TV: LG OLED65C7P
Soundbar: Shockwafe Ultra 9.2 DTSX, "Looking for another set for bedroom"
Device: Amazon Fire TV Cube, Apple TV 4K, PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, Sony BluRay Player UBP-X800, Roku Ultra 4K,

Last edited by Micarina; 01-29-2018 at 07:52 AM.
post #344 of 5172 Old 01-29-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:

I am not exactly sure how did you get the impression of ultra 9.2 requires defined room shape. This is probably one of the rare soundbar system relies very minimum reflection. The system is especially great for cases like yours for odd shaped room. You can place the rear speakers properly to create the impressive surround effect.

This is something you can’t achieve with those soundbars without a single rear speaker. Just nowhere near the result.

49Merc, taichi4 and 4klover like this.

Device: Amazon Fire TV Cube, Apple TV 4K, PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, Sony BluRay Player UBP-X800, Roku Ultra 4K,
post #345 of 5172 Old 01-29-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micarina View Post
Most of the soundbars with virtualization rely on reflection to create the audio delay as perceived surround effects, especially those without a single rear speaker.

Beamforming technique (especially yamaha) has very narrow sweet spot which is always the issue. For a 3-seater you can hear different sounding on 3 different seats. Heard it personally at my friend house and the effect was really average and somehow a bit strange.

While nakamichi is not the cleanest in terms of setup but I believe discrete surround speakers can provide the most reliable and consistent surround effect regardless on the shape of the room. Coming as an owner of traditional 5.1 system, I feel the ultra 9.2 is doing really good job to bridge the gap between convenient setup and true immersive surround.

I agree. that one problem I had with my ST5000.
Atmos and any effect was non existent because of my apartment. I had windows, open door everywhere.
I would not buy any soundbar without any rear.
also thing come with 4 rear speakers and two sub for 1099 that's just nuts.
I can't wait for them to release an atmos speaker. with dolbyvision compatible too

LG 65 C9 OLED Display
post #346 of 5172 Old 01-29-2018, 08:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
yup
this sums it up perfectly
it does more than just your typical soundbar
I put man of steel last night just skipped through some chapters, I was there superman and faora were fighting

my goodness. i was just amazed. I could hear when the planes were coming all behind me and when the flow over my head after the attack
I felt all the sounds inside me ( hehe)
it's just so good. mind you all that without "atmos"
So, even thought the Nakamichi has no height and ceiling speakers (although the side firing drivers on the soundbar are pointing slightly upwards) you are getting some height and overhead effects? I've been curious about whether Neural X would be effective in such a scenario. My hunch is, if it does work in this way, that the 9.2 would be more effective in this regard than the 7.2 because Neural X would have a more defined grid to work with.

A point that I would add to all these responses to the "this is not a soundbar post" is that the reason manufacturers are adding to the simpler one piece and two piece soundbars is that they tend to be less than adequate in so many ways, including the inability to create a full and immersive soundfield, less than impressive dialogue, in part due to weak midrange and problematic bass to mid and upper bass transition, and bass localization due to high crossover. All of these make one and two piece soundbars not a great choice for vocals and music, or a real theater experience.
Ellebob and Micarina like this.
post #347 of 5172 Old 01-29-2018, 08:37 AM

Quote:
So, even thought the Nakamichi has no height and ceiling speakers (although the side firing drivers on the soundbar are pointing slightly upwards) you are getting some height and overhead effects? I've been curious about whether Neural X would be effective in such a scenario. My hunch is, if it does work in this way, that the 9.2 would be more effective in this regard than the 7.2 because Neural X would have a more defined grid to work with.

A point that I would add to all these responses to the "this is not a soundbar post" is that the reason manufacturers are adding to the simpler one piece and two piece soundbars is that they tend to be less than adequate in so many ways, including the inability to create a full and immersive soundfield, less than impressive dialogue, in part due to weak midrange and problematic bass to mid and upper bass transition, and bass localization due to high crossover. All of these make one and two piece soundbars not a great choice for vocals and music, or a real theater experience.

While I’m not exactly the side firing does play a part in creating the height effect, 9.2 is definitely more reproducing more accurate surround effects. I can pin point the movement in some action scene. If you have a chance, you should try it with lone survivor 4K with dtsX. The gun firing scene is truly amazing with the surround. My favorite movie that works amazingly well on my ultra 9.2. I do actually feel a bit of height effects with the movie.

post #348 of 5172 Old 01-29-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:

Yeah,

you can try man of steel or any movies with some type of planes flying around. you'd feel it.
I was watching IT last night too. the voices were so clear. I could hear some things i could never hear before even with subs. future atmos soundbar, really should include rears for sure.

LG 65 C9 OLED Display
post #349 of 5172 Old 01-29-2018, 09:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yeah,

you can try man of steel or any movies with some type of planes flying around. you'd feel it.
I was watching IT last night too. the voices were so clear. I could hear some things i could never hear before even with subs. future atmos soundbar, really should include rears for sure.
Sounds to me like the Nakamichi approach supersedes Atmos from soundbars. Then too, there's the admonition that nobody who is serious about Atmos is creating it by reflection, but employing dedicated overhead speakers instead. I think the Shockwafe models are the current "next best thing" to a system using dedicated overheads.
post #350 of 5172 Old 01-29-2018, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

According to Dolby itself, Dolby enabled speakers, with upward firing drivers reflecting off the ceiling, can do the job well, assuming you meet the proper ceiling requirements. But with single piece soundbars that rely on focusing beams to create full Atmos, you;re not really accomplishing the same thing.

At any rate, Atmos with a thinly produced soundfield is less desirable than a truly immersive surroundfiled with or without height effects And I continue to be curious about what Neural X accomplishes in terms of height effects or height "ambience", given that the Ultra has no height or upward firing drivers.
post #351 of 5172 Old 01-29-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
According to Dolby itself, Dolby enabled speakers, with upward firing drivers reflecting off the ceiling, can do the job well, assuming you meet the proper ceiling requirements. But with single piece soundbars that rely on focusing beams to create full Atmos, you;re not really accomplishing the same thing.

At any rate, Atmos with a thinly produced soundfield is less desirable than a truly immersive surroundfiled with or without height effects And I continue to be curious about what Neural X accomplishes in terms of height effects or height "ambience", given that the Ultra has no height or upward firing drivers.

Totally agreed with you. I would rather go for better surround effect instead of thinly height effect with Atmos. I guess not everyone can really height surround at the moment as much as sound coming out from the back of your head.

Zoland2020 likes this.

post #352 of 5172 Old 01-29-2018, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

To be honest, I've not heard the Nakamichi models simply because there is no place that I can find to do that. It "looks good on paper", and I've not seen any negative reviews from those that have heard it. But, the 9.2 is still thousand dollar plus item, and I hesitate to spend that on speculation alone, although I am tempted.

How "hearty" is the Nakamichi, WRT it's life expectancy, when compared to a traditional receiver and speaker setup? Yeah, I know you don't know the answer to that, but then neither do I. I'm sitting here with an incomplete (Denon, etc) traditional 5.1 setup since our move, wrestling with buying the speakers I need to bring it back to it's full capabilities, or dumping it for door number 2, which would likely be a Nakamichi 9.2. I'm not sure that there's a "right" move here, either would entertain us. In the Nakamichi's favor is the fact that is has expanded effects that my old setup does not have, and it's brand new. A lot to ponder.
post #353 of 5172 Old 01-29-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinfella View Post
To be honest, I've not heard the Nakamichi models simply because there is no place that I can find to do that. It "looks good on paper", and I've not seen any negative reviews from those that have heard it. But, the 9.2 is still thousand dollar plus item, and I hesitate to spend that on speculation alone, although I am tempted.

How "hearty" is the Nakamichi, WRT it's life expectancy, when compared to a traditional receiver and speaker setup? Yeah, I know you don't know the answer to that, but then neither do I. I'm sitting here with an incomplete (Denon, etc) traditional 5.1 setup since our move, wrestling with buying the speakers I need to bring it back to it's full capabilities, or dumping it for door number 2, which would likely be a Nakamichi 9.2. I'm not sure that there's a "right" move here, either would entertain us. In the Nakamichi's favor is the fact that is has expanded effects that my old setup does not have, and it's brand new. A lot to ponder.
Buy it from amazon and return it before the 30 days is up
i think you'd keep it if you buy it
I was on the verge as well since there aren't any " professional" review out. so i bought it and I wasn't disappointed.This thing killed my ST5000 in terms of performance and amazing sound. mind you, the ST5000 does sound amazing but the effects are just amazing on the 9.2 all that without atmos.
it was the 9.2 or the really mediocre and expensive creative soundbar for 2999. i rather not spend that kind of money on a soundbar.

LG 65 C9 OLED Display
post #354 of 5172 Old 01-29-2018, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micarina View Post
I am not exactly sure how did you get the impression of ultra 9.2 requires defined room shape. This is probably one of the rare soundbar system relies very minimum reflection. The system is especially great for cases like yours for odd shaped room. You can place the rear speakers properly to create the impressive surround effect.

This is something you can’t achieve with those soundbars without a single rear speaker. Just nowhere near the result.

I agree, even Vizio soundbars are kinda simulated-based & doesn't work as well as REAL 5.1 surround sound. I'm still debating whether I should go for the Nakamichi Pro 7.1 DTS:X or get a nice 5.1 receiver (either Pioneer or Denon) with speakers for about $200-300 less.

My current mancave room setup:
Vizio V436-G1 4K HDR TV | LG UBK90 4K Blu-ray player | Denon AVR-S740H AV Receiver (running 5.1.2 Atmos/DTS:X) | Xbox One X | Amazon Fire Stick 4K
post #355 of 5172 Old 01-29-2018, 12:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Buy it from amazon and return it before the 30 days is up
i think you'd keep it if you buy it
I was on the verge as well since there aren't any " professional" review out. so i bought it and I wasn't disappointed.This thing killed my ST5000 in terms of performance and amazing sound. mind you, the ST5000 does sound amazing but the effects are just amazing on the 9.2 all that without atmos.
it was the 9.2 or the really mediocre and expensive creative soundbar for 2999. i rather not spend that kind of money on a soundbar.
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, 3 large is more than I'd drop for a soundbar. I do like buying from Amazon, and I like the longer return period vs Best Buy.
post #356 of 5172 Old 01-29-2018, 01:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks.
My oppo is modified lol so no updating for me
Anyway, will try your way
I guess you have it dual set up in other to get dolby vision right?
Single set up wouldn't work. Only hdr10
Yep when I purchased my Oppo 203 the sound bar I was using at the time (Sony HT-CT660) couldn’t pass Dolby Vision so I was glad the Oppo supported a dual HDMI setup. The NAK 9.2 also does not currently support DV but I remain hopeful they will add that feature in a future firmware update.

LG 55C6P OLED Display
ELAC unifi B5 Speakers
post #357 of 5172 Old 01-29-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Yep when I purchased my Oppo 203 the sound bar I was using at the time (Sony HT-CT660) couldn’t pass Dolby Vision so I was glad the Oppo supported a dual HDMI setup. The NAK 9.2 also does not currently support DV but I remain hopeful they will add that feature in a future firmware update.
works with dual set up
but Naka said the cost is too much for them. maybe in future hardware.
it's fine since there aren't many DV movies anyway

LG 65 C9 OLED Display
post #358 of 5172 Old 01-29-2018, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Roll Tide!
The Kings of Confetti!
49Merc likes this.

LG 55C6P OLED Display
ELAC unifi B5 Speakers
post #359 of 5172 Old 01-29-2018, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Is anyone having issues with bluetooth having little to no bass from the Subwoofer? I just bought the 7.1 DTS-X and the sound via bluetooth is very tinny.

Try connecting a bluetooth device and playing a song you're familiar with and has a lot of bass.
post #360 of 5172 Old 01-29-2018, 05:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1889 Post(s)
Liked: 1086
Quote:
Most sound bars use phase shifting to create an illusion. Beam forming requires multiples of the same drivers. Yamaha does beam forming as well as phase shifting on its YSP series but not the YAS series. The YSP series can do a decent job in rooms without walls, the YSP not as good. Although sometimes you have to tweak the YSP series manually.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
button* , nakamichi shockwafe , nakamichi soundbar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page