Official Nakamichi Shockwafe 9.2 and 7.2 dts:x dual subwoofers soundbars thread - Page 122 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1197Likes

post #3631 of 4580 Old 04-05-2019, 04:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I recently purchased Nakamichi Shockwafe 9.2.4 ( with Atmos firmware installed). I'm having multiple issues. Please suggest.

Connected devices:
Arc:Samsung TV
HDMI 2: Apple TV 4k
HDMI 3: Chromecast ultra
HDMI 4: Xbox one s

Issues:
1) when nothing is being played, I get low buzzing noise from the sound bar.
2) when I switch apps, videos, I don't hear any audio for first 4-5 seconds. If I change volume the I hear audio immediately. Happens with every connected devices
3) when I switch inputs it takes about 5-10nsec to switch

Please help. Any help is appreciated.
daverph1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3632 of 4580 Old 04-05-2019, 05:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngettler View Post
You only get the Dolby Atmos Demo disc if you pay more money for the 2019 boxed version (same hardware) that isn't quite on shelves yet. You don't get the Dolby Atmos Demo is a refurbished 2018 model. And if it says "FW31", then you have the newest possible firmware.
I don’t know why, but I did get the demo disk with my refurbished 2018 9.2, and the system had been updated to the 3.1 firmware. The hardware itself was pristine, but the box and packaging materials looked pretty rough.

Well, Duncan, he's just this guy, you know?
post #3633 of 4580 Old 04-05-2019, 06:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsinlife karri View Post
I recently purchased Nakamichi Shockwafe 9.2.4 ( with Atmos firmware installed). I'm having multiple issues. Please suggest.

Connected devices:

Issues:
2) when I switch apps, videos, I don't hear any audio for first 4-5 seconds. If I change volume the I hear audio immediately. Happens with every connected devices

I would contact Nakamichi about the buzzing. It could be a ground fault in one or more devices (and hard to troubleshoot and track down), or it could be faulty hardware, or it could be a “phantom” signal sent by the input device to keep the soundbar from going to sleep.

I get the audio lag, too, and also got it with my previous soundbar (different brand), and saw it sometimes with a previous 5.1 AVR setup. I also get a screen flash sometimes when changing inputs from my HTPC to my Shield TV. I suspect it’s due to an HDMI/HDCP handshake and the soundbar processing the signal to get the correct decoder, and I doubt that there’s a fix. Here’s a link from nakamichi that seems to be related https://www.helpdesk.nakamichi-usa.c...-to-play-audio.
cyberized39 likes this.

Last edited by dfkimbro; 04-05-2019 at 06:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3634 of 4580 Old 04-06-2019, 05:54 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkimbro View Post
Quote:

Connected devices:

Issues:

I would contact Nakamichi about the buzzing. It could be a ground fault in one or more devices (and hard to troubleshoot and track down), or it could be faulty hardware, or it could be a “phantom” signal sent by the input device to keep the soundbar from going to sleep.

I get the audio lag, too, and also got it with my previous soundbar (different brand), and saw it sometimes with a previous 5.1 AVR setup. I also get a screen flash sometimes when changing inputs from my HTPC to my Shield TV. I suspect it’s due to an HDMI/HDCP handshake and the soundbar processing the signal to get the correct decoder, and I doubt that there’s a fix. Here’s a link from nakamichi that seems to be related https://www.helpdesk.nakamichi-usa.c...-to-play-audio.
Thanks
I have another sound bar Sony ST9. I don't have any audio or input lag.
post #3635 of 4580 Old 04-06-2019, 08:18 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Thanks
I have another sound bar Sony ST9. I don't have any audio or input lag.
I have a 7.1 nakamichi and before I had a vizio soundbar. Both of them have audio lag. But not the input lag thou.

나의 LM-Q815L 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
post #3636 of 4580 Old 04-07-2019, 04:55 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Will be setting up my 7.2 shortly and wanted to see if there are folks that have come up with interesting ideas to hide the surround speaker wires. I will be setting this up in my living room so will be a high traffic area. Will be setting up the subs against the wall that will be perpendicular to the TV wall, on either side of the couch. And the surrounds facing the TV. FWIW I have hard wood floors if that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3637 of 4580 Old 04-07-2019, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrava View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrfighter View Post
Quote:
Unfortunately Nakamichi has been nothing but a terrible experience for me.

After waiting almost a month to get the Soundbar and putting up with their atrocious overseas customer service, I hook everything up just to find out one of the satellite speakers is DOA.

Called them to ask for a replacement, obviously they don’t have any, so they tell me the only thing they can do is to get everything shipped back to maybe get a refund after they inspect the package.

Personally, my recommendation is to stay away from Nakamichi.

They might have a cool product, but they are light years away from proper quality control, support and customer service. The worst of all is that they have absolutely no respect for people’s time and money.
How do they not have any Replacements I don't understand have you tried talking to them again? They literally are releasing the same exact Hardware again like close to now the whole point of warranty is there a replacement I know they want to charge you a ridiculous amount just give it back to them but I haven't seen one person Actually on this thread although I may have missed it in wish Nakamichi actually ask for something back I hope however ended or if you're still trying it works out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
We finally worked it all out, albeit how long it has taken and although it is clear that I have gotten a doozy (which is something that should never have happened in the first place).

They offered me another partial refund and they have shipped 1 new surround back speaker to replace the completely broken one I have gotten.

I found out exactly what was wrong with the speakers (two of them had blown woofers like in the attached picture and in one of them, the 2.2v capacitor on the 9ch-dipole circuit board was basically unsoldered).

I was able to find the exact woofers and tweeters they use on the surround channels:

https://eastech.com/standard/fsb031530-0801

https://eastech.com/standard/fsa245010-0801

Thus, I decided to use some of the refund to get replacement 3” Tymphany PLS Full Range speakers for all 4 surround boxes (I have to replace 2 woofers on the back channels, there’s no guarantee they won’t send me busted woofers again on the replacement surround speakers and I definitely don’t want them to sound different from each other).

This was undoubtedly a QC issue added to improper stock control (they sold more than they had in hand, then shipped out an unqualified unit instead of waiting for more stock) and it is clear I’ve gotten the bottom of the barrel of the refurb units (one that shouldn’t have been sold to anyone as a refurb or otherwise).

Another issue I noticed is that in the beginning of any source you start watching, it takes the Soundbar a while to get the sound going (one or two drops happening before it finally plays the sound uninterrupted).

Once it is all working, the system sounds amazing, which is the main reason I decided to keep it.

Also, unlike several reports I’ve seen from others, I have had zero issues with ARC or CEC with a Vizio PQ65F1 (will be replaced by a LG C9 later this year).

Once the warranty on the Soundbar runs out, I am also considering upgrading the woofers and tweeters in the entire system and can post impressions and parts used here if I get it all done.

If anyone else is interested in doing something similar, please reach out as I was able to procure the necessary technical info on every woofer and tweeter that this system uses.

Should this system work going forward without any other issues, I will be picking up a 9.2 system with HDMI 2.1 when it comes out (Nakamichi told me 2020/2021).

I’ve had my share of top of the line Soundbars in the past (Yamaha, Sony, Klipsch and LG) and not a single system can hold a candle to the sound prowess of the Nakamichi Ultra.

I can also attest that their build quality is a cut above their competitors, especially on their speakers and Soundbar housing, cabling, etc...)
You will undoubtedly start having ARC issues with the LG C9, I mean it does work but LG has yet to work out the audio delay issues. You will have audio lip sync problems. I have a C8 and from what I have heard the issue still exists in the C9.

Last edited by jbdred; 04-07-2019 at 01:20 PM.
post #3638 of 4580 Old 04-07-2019, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdred View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unfortunately Nakamichi has been nothing but a terrible experience for me.

After waiting almost a month to get the Soundbar and putting up with their atrocious overseas customer service, I hook everything up just to find out one of the satellite speakers is DOA.

Called them to ask for a replacement, obviously they don’t have any, so they tell me the only thing they can do is to get everything shipped back to maybe get a refund after they inspect the package.

Personally, my recommendation is to stay away from Nakamichi.

They might have a cool product, but they are light years away from proper quality control, support and customer service. The worst of all is that they have absolutely no respect for people’s time and money.
How do they not have any Replacements I don't understand have you tried talking to them again? They literally are releasing the same exact Hardware again like close to now the whole point of warranty is there a replacement I know they want to charge you a ridiculous amount just give it back to them but I haven't seen one person Actually on this thread although I may have missed it in wish Nakamichi actually ask for something back I hope however ended or if you're still trying it works out.

We finally worked it all out, albeit how long it has taken and although it is clear that I have gotten a doozy (which is something that should never have happened in the first place).

They offered me another partial refund and they have shipped 1 new surround back speaker to replace the completely broken one I have gotten.

I found out exactly what was wrong with the speakers (two of them had blown woofers like in the attached picture and in one of them, the 2.2v capacitor on the 9ch-dipole circuit board was basically unsoldered).

I was able to find the exact woofers and tweeters they use on the surround channels:

https://eastech.com/standard/fsb031530-0801

https://eastech.com/standard/fsa245010-0801

Thus, I decided to use some of the refund to get replacement 3” Tymphany PLS Full Range speakers for all 4 surround boxes (I have to replace 2 woofers on the back channels, there’s no guarantee they won’t send me busted woofers again on the replacement surround speakers and I definitely don’t want them to sound different from each other).

This was undoubtedly a QC issue added to improper stock control (they sold more than they had in hand, then shipped out an unqualified unit instead of waiting for more stock) and it is clear I’ve gotten the bottom of the barrel of the refurb units (one that shouldn’t have been sold to anyone as a refurb or otherwise).

Another issue I noticed is that in the beginning of any source you start watching, it takes the Soundbar a while to get the sound going (one or two drops happening before it finally plays the sound uninterrupted).

Once it is all working, the system sounds amazing, which is the main reason I decided to keep it.

Also, unlike several reports I’ve seen from others, I have had zero issues with ARC or CEC with a Vizio PQ65F1 (will be replaced by a LG C9 later this year).

Once the warranty on the Soundbar runs out, I am also considering upgrading the woofers and tweeters in the entire system and can post impressions and parts used here if I get it all done.

If anyone else is interested in doing something similar, please reach out as I was able to procure the necessary technical info on every woofer and tweeter that this system uses.

Should this system work going forward without any other issues, I will be picking up a 9.2 system with HDMI 2.1 when it comes out (Nakamichi told me 2020/2021).

I’ve had my share of top of the line Soundbars in the past (Yamaha, Sony, Klipsch and LG) and not a single system can hold a candle to the sound prowess of the Nakamichi Ultra.

I can also attest that their build quality is a cut above their competitors, especially on their speakers and Soundbar housing, cabling, etc...)
You will undoubtedly start having ARC issues with the LG C9, I mean it does work but LG has yet to work out the audio delay issues. You will have audio lip sync problems. I have a C8 and from what I have heard the issue still exists in the C9.
I can totally see that, as I was having intermittent issues with the lip sync on my LG SK10Y and with the NAKAMICHI I don’t.
post #3639 of 4580 Old 04-07-2019, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hi everyone -

Just got one of the Soundwafe 7.1 Pro units, and am rather happy with it. I'm only having one signficant issues, and I know it's been posted before, and I thought I'd seen solutions posted in the past, but now I'm not having much luck.

My entire setup consists of an Nvidia Shield TV, a Nintendo switch, a Samsung KS8000, and, of course the Nakamichi. Everything works just fine, apart from streaming Netflix or Prime.

Specifically, for Netflix, I never even see 5.1 options listed for the shows. I realize that this is the app deciding what my hardware can and can't do, and as I understand it it's something to do with DD versus DD+ support. Which I understand, kind of, but on my last soundbar (a Vizio Atmos I've just returned), I know I managed to get it working more than once. Looking at the grille of the Nakamichi, I'm just seeing PCM.

Amazon Prime, it's basically the same problem, except it tells me which shows are 5.1. Not that it matters, because when I run one of those shows, I still only get PCM.

I've tried running through a random HDMI input, and I've tried running everything through the KS8000 with the ARC going to the Nakamichi. But nothing seems to make a difference.

The only bit I've seen on Nakamichi's site is that I should be playing a DD stream, go into my TV settings and choose Dolby. Which, of course, isn't an option when I'm running something from the shield. When I play from an inbuilt TV apps, it does display Dolby (already selected) and works correctly, and the Nakamichi receives a Dolby stream.

Thanks for any suggestions.
post #3640 of 4580 Old 04-08-2019, 05:03 AM
Advanced Member

Netflix and Amazon Prime (and most other streaming services) on the Shield only send 5.1 using DD+. The version of DD+ that the streaming services use does not include the core DD signal, like you would get from a DVD or over the air or cable TV signal.

The current firmware on the 7.1 Nakamichi system cannot decode DD+, so you will only get PCM (stereo?). When Nakamichi releases the new firmware for the 7.1 system with Dolby Atmos support in the next few months, you’ll be able to select between Dolby (which includes DD+) and PCM modes by pressing the cure direct button on the remote.
cyberized39 likes this.

Last edited by dfkimbro; 04-08-2019 at 05:07 AM.
post #3641 of 4580 Old 04-08-2019, 07:26 AM

OK, thanks. I thought that was what the final answer would be. I'm glad to know that my annoyance will be fixed by the new update.
post #3642 of 4580 Old 04-08-2019, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
OK, thanks. I thought that was what the final answer would be. I'm glad to know that my annoyance will be fixed by the new update.
im ready for the update as well which will hopefully fix my CEC issue
post #3643 of 4580 Old 04-08-2019, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 42
So is April 10 a pipe dream for 7.2 firmware? In like 4 days I saw someone say end of march, early April, specifically April 10, and May....

Anyone know something?

post #3644 of 4580 Old 04-08-2019, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
So is April 10 a pipe dream for 7.2 firmware? In like 4 days I saw someone say end of march, early April, specifically April 10, and May....

Anyone know something?

End of April for the beta version to be sent out to the testers.... I just spoke w Naka about 10 days ago and this is what I was told
post #3645 of 4580 Old 04-08-2019, 05:27 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
Hi everyone -

Just got one of the Soundwafe 7.1 Pro units, and am rather happy with it. I'm only having one signficant issues, and I know it's been posted before, and I thought I'd seen solutions posted in the past, but now I'm not having much luck.

My entire setup consists of an Nvidia Shield TV, a Nintendo switch, a Samsung KS8000, and, of course the Nakamichi. Everything works just fine, apart from streaming Netflix or Prime.

Specifically, for Netflix, I never even see 5.1 options listed for the shows. I realize that this is the app deciding what my hardware can and can't do, and as I understand it it's something to do with DD versus DD+ support. Which I understand, kind of, but on my last soundbar (a Vizio Atmos I've just returned), I know I managed to get it working more than once. Looking at the grille of the Nakamichi, I'm just seeing PCM.

Amazon Prime, it's basically the same problem, except it tells me which shows are 5.1. Not that it matters, because when I run one of those shows, I still only get PCM.

I've tried running through a random HDMI input, and I've tried running everything through the KS8000 with the ARC going to the Nakamichi. But nothing seems to make a difference.

The only bit I've seen on Nakamichi's site is that I should be playing a DD stream, go into my TV settings and choose Dolby. Which, of course, isn't an option when I'm running something from the shield. When I play from an inbuilt TV apps, it does display Dolby (already selected) and works correctly, and the Nakamichi receives a Dolby stream.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Have you changed the settings on the Nivida Shield TV as Nakamichi has recommended on their website?

https://www.helpdesk.nakamichi-usa.c...a-shield-audio
post #3646 of 4580 Old 04-08-2019, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praag View Post
Will be setting up my 7.2 shortly and wanted to see if there are folks that have come up with interesting ideas to hide the surround speaker wires. I will be setting this up in my living room so will be a high traffic area. Will be setting up the subs against the wall that will be perpendicular to the TV wall, on either side of the couch. And the surrounds facing the TV. FWIW I have hard wood floors if that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you could try getting a wire cord cover with 3m tape online that can hold the cables while maintaining a low non trip profile, i had one when I had my 7.1 surround sound setup, now i just run the wires behind my sofa against the wall.
Praag likes this.

SONY X900F 65"
XBOX 1 X (SCORPIO)
NAKAMICHI 7.2 ELITE
post #3647 of 4580 Old 04-08-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahjer View Post
Have you changed the settings on the Nivida Shield TV as Nakamichi has recommended on their website?

I have looked at them, and done my best. But I find that they don't necessarily match up with what I have. I see no "HDMI 5.1 Audio" radio button for example.

Plus, if you look at what you linked, their audio setup says to connect the Shield to HDMI 2 or 3 on the soundbar, but under their video setup it says to go through the HDMI ARC port.

...plus, for what it's worth, it looks like my KS800D isn't on the 5.1 passthrough list anyway. Which, yes, kind of sucks. And it's too bad since it's a panel I've been very happy with.
post #3648 of 4580 Old 04-08-2019, 08:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahjer View Post

The Shield TV settings won’t matter in this case. The Netflix app only sends DD+ for 5.1 with no DD core signal, the Shield TV cannot transcode from DD+ to DD (passthrough only), and the older version of the Nakamichi firmware (i.e. the current version for the 7.1 and 7.2 systems) doesn’t decode DD+. Neither device is capable of decoding DD+ without a firmware update. There’s no setting you can try on any of the devices that will change that. You can’t enable what isn’t there.

If by some slight chance your TV will transcode DD+ to DD, you “might” be able to send a transcoded DD signal from the Shield through the TV and then to the Nakamicki soundbar over the HDMI ARC or optical connection from the TV, but it isn’t very likely.

post #3649 of 4580 Old 04-09-2019, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 946 Post(s)
Liked: 294
Quote:

Anyone know something?

I feel like they holding onto the firmware update so people will buy the 9.2 version and then release the update for 7.2 wait for another three months and then release the firmware on the 7.1 version, I don't see any difference between the 7.2 and the 7.1 beside the sub-woofers..

I smell BS...
atfree likes this.
post #3650 of 4580 Old 04-09-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertczek View Post
End of April for the beta version to be sent out to the testers.... I just spoke w Naka about 10 days ago and this is what I was told
I got the same thing. First week of may if not sooner.

post #3651 of 4580 Old 04-09-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie78 View Post
I feel like they holding onto the firmware update so people will buy the 9.2 version and then release the update for 7.2 wait for another three months and then release the firmware on the 7.1 version, I don't see any difference between the 7.2 and the 7.1 beside the sub-woofers..

I smell BS...
Absolutely. But it is not the best business plan. The 9.2 likely requires stands and such but the 7.2 requires nailing to speakers to the back wall and is also better for smaller rooms. They wont sell more 9.2 by waiting on 7.2.
It is two different types of customer.

The 7.2 customer will go to a different manufacturer rather than wait unless they know the wait is worth it, but I dont think most shoppers are that educated.

They may be losing business instead of increasing it. Oh well... I have a 9.2.

post #3652 of 4580 Old 04-09-2019, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 21
starrfighter. Does the 9.2 blow the 7.2 away? Was the upgrade worth it? What are your thoughts going from the 7.2 to the 9.2?
post #3653 of 4580 Old 04-10-2019, 04:22 AM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Per Naka last night (4/9/2019) in response to FB question: 7.1 DTS:X firmware will not be available until late May/Early June.

Vizio M50-E1 (2017)
LG UBK90 UHD Blu-Ray Player
Nakamichi 7.1 Pro DTS:X Soundbar
Directv Genie
post #3654 of 4580 Old 04-10-2019, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Quiet sound on the 7.1 Pro dts:x?

Hi all! Recently picked up a 7.1 pro dts:x and while it sounds nice, I really don't hear much coming out of the rear surrounds or subwoofer at all.

Take Ready Player One for example. Playing audio in DTS-HD, I would expect during the action scenes that the sub should be rumbling. I have a tiny 2.1 LG computer sound system with a mini subwoofer that puts out more oomph than this sub is putting out.

The surrounds are hard to tell if any sound is coming out of them. Obviously if I put my ears right up to them I can hear it, but they are very quiet compared to the rest of the audio. So quiet that I doubt I would really hear them once I am seated.

I've maxed the bass on the remote, tried putting it in movie mode, made sure night mode was off, and maxed the surrounds. I even turned down the center channel and treble.

Settings when watching were as follows:
Surrounds: +10
Rear Surrounds: +10
Bass: +10
Center: +5
Treble: +5
DSP: Neural X (and Clear Voice? idk if you can have both at the same time)
Movie mode
Night mode: DRC 0

I have my PC plugged into the sound bar and then I am sending the video to my LG C8 from there.

Firmware is on 2.1 which is the newest version for this model I believe.

Any ideas what I can do or tests I can run to make sure it is working?
post #3655 of 4580 Old 04-10-2019, 09:25 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Another quick question.

I have the soundbar plugged into my LG C8 via ARC with CEC enabled. Should I be able to choose the various inputs on the soundbar from the TV? Or, if I want to switch from hdmi 2, 3, or 4 on the soundbar, do I need to use the soundbar remote in order to change those inputs?
post #3656 of 4580 Old 04-10-2019, 10:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndogg View Post
Hi all! Recently picked up a 7.1 pro dts:x and while it sounds nice, I really don't hear much coming out of the rear surrounds or subwoofer at all.

Take Ready Player One for example. Playing audio in DTS-HD, I would expect during the action scenes that the sub should be rumbling. I have a tiny 2.1 LG computer sound system with a mini subwoofer that puts out more oomph than this sub is putting out.

The surrounds are hard to tell if any sound is coming out of them. Obviously if I put my ears right up to them I can hear it, but they are very quiet compared to the rest of the audio. So quiet that I doubt I would really hear them once I am seated.

I've maxed the bass on the remote, tried putting it in movie mode, made sure night mode was off, and maxed the surrounds. I even turned down the center channel and treble.

Movie mode

I have my PC plugged into the sound bar and then I am sending the video to my LG C8 from there.

Since you have the LG C8, go to the Dolby Vision samples and play a few from the C8 menu.
Though you won’t get Dolby Atmos you should really hear the sub and the rears. If not, something is wrong.
post #3657 of 4580 Old 04-10-2019, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Maybe this has been mentioned but i have found 2 issues with the 9.2. With the xbox1x connected to the soundbar you cant access the low latency option in display settings on the xbox so it wont pass that through . That option switches the tv to game mode automatically which is a great option and when streaming netflix app on the xbox1x after maybe 20 mins the sound stops for a second than another 15 mins or so there is no sound. So i have to power off and on the sound bar or switch hdmi inpits on the nakamichi's remote it almost acts like its waking it up..
post #3658 of 4580 Old 04-10-2019, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:

Movie mode

I think you can try to reset your sounder first:https://www.helpdesk.nakamichi-usa.c...soundbar-reset

It is good to turn off your wifi router first to see if that resolves the issue. something our wifi router in 5Ghz may interfere the wireless sub frequency. This can be easily solved by changing the wifi frequency channel to another one. I remember they suggest the channel to 36 to 48. I think you can turn the wifi router off first to see if that is the root cause.

Anyway, the best is you can drop an email to the nak team to work out your case. they are really helpful so far, based on my personal experience.

TV: LG OLED65C7P
Soundbar: Shockwafe Ultra 9.2 DTSX, "Looking for another set for bedroom"
Device: Amazon Fire TV Cube, Apple TV 4K, PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, Sony BluRay Player UBP-X800, Roku Ultra 4K,
post #3659 of 4580 Old 04-10-2019, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith10210 View Post
Maybe this has been mentioned but i have found 2 issues with the 9.2. With the xbox1x connected to the soundbar you cant access the low latency option in display settings on the xbox so it wont pass that through . That option switches the tv to game mode automatically which is a great option and when streaming netflix app on the xbox1x after maybe 20 mins the sound stops for a second than another 15 mins or so there is no sound. So i have to power off and on the sound bar or switch hdmi inpits on the nakamichi's remote it almost acts like its waking it up..
I don't think there is any soundbar or AVR in the market right now supporting low latency option as it is pretty niche for devices required high, speed sensitive performance for gaming. I think it is only available on xbox console as I rmb I do see the feature somewhere on my xbox.

Do you try to change to other HDMI cables to see if that helps. it sounds like the cable is not holding up the performance needed for xbox. just a thought

Device: Amazon Fire TV Cube, Apple TV 4K, PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, Sony BluRay Player UBP-X800, Roku Ultra 4K,
post #3660 of 4580 Old 04-10-2019, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Another quick question.

I have the soundbar plugged into my LG C8 via ARC with CEC enabled. Should I be able to choose the various inputs on the soundbar from the TV? Or, if I want to switch from hdmi 2, 3, or 4 on the soundbar, do I need to use the soundbar remote in order to change those inputs?
Dont have to. I believe when you press home button on your device remote control, it should be able to trigger the soundbar to change the source accordingly. This is part of CEC function but it may not apply for all devices. so far it works for my apple tv, ps4, amazon fire cube

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
button* , nakamichi shockwafe , nakamichi soundbar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page